F1 2022 Season

if perez out qualifies max it’ll be three race weekends in a row. time for red bull to relegate max to the number 2 driver?

This aged well.

Why would a driver who never has quicker race pace ever be the number 1 driver!

That's Max 6-3 or something in qualifying. Bottas would do similar versus Hamilton some years and no one ever wanted him to be No 1.

Fact is Max is just crazy good.

Canadian GP Qualifying Result
289061969_2503199329837034_5038158293272376944_n.jpg

This aged well.

That's Max 6-3 or something in qualifying. Bottas would do similar versus Hamilton some years and no one ever wanted him to be No 1.

Rimaldo is a troll, ignore him

Really hope its wet tomorrow otherwise it's going to be a total snoozefest

If you take out the Red Bull, which is just a much better car than everyone else's, the rules have done a decent job of stirring things up this season - there's a real battle for "second best team" at the moment, with Ferrari being fast but lacking reliability (and shredding tyres), Mercedes bouncing around like mad but able to finish races to capitalise, and then just behind them are a cluster of teams with McLaren, Alpine, and Alfa duking it out. If I'm right, only Schumacher has no points so far, which is fun.

I have to say the qualifying has been spectacular this season. Every week it feels like its even better than the last. In dry conditions it's been very close. Today was fun as well with the changing conditions. Purple lap after purple lap.

the rules have done a decent job of stirring things up this season

Sorry, can’t say I agree with that. The rules haven’t done much to promote great racing which it’s bigged up for two years. Cars can follow to an extent but we’re not seeing the close racing they’d expect.

The longer these regulations are held for then we’ll see the benefit of them in the racing, but we’re miles away from that.

Open net for Max today and he duly delivered, no doubts he will tomorrow.

Erm what? Sainz was 11 seconds faster under those conditions you've described?
Don't think he's ready it or understands it correctly.
I don't understand Mercs logic there, their car isn't the worst out there.
It could have been a masterstroke to be fair, but Russell should have been way more cautious into that first corner.

He needed to avoid that huge puddle and tip toe until he got to the dry sections where he could make up the time.

It's a shame really as he was looking very quick in those conditions, as we've seen with him at Spa.

Keep it clean tomorrow, no heroics, Mick needs some pts.

First corner will be interesting today. Alonso said it out loud, he won't back down, he will fight for that corner.

As it should be. He should go for the win if he can.

Team Radio after Alonso crossed the line was epic, his race engineer about to come, you could hear it in the voice, and in the back others yelling.

Oh my God this Feels so good

Good jinx

a cornered rat will often lash out. let’s see if he has what it takes to consistently out perform perez or if this was just a blip.

This aged well.

indisputable. he could end up the greatest ever on paper but similar to the novak tennis debate when it comes to who is the greatest, he’s just not that likeable a character. it’s clear why people still pull for nadal or federer because they don’t come across as quite so much of a dick. regardless of stats, he’s just not a warm protagonist to root for. and just like with novak, that means outside of his rabid fanbase he’s just not that popular.

Rimaldo is a troll, ignore him

hey now, no fighting.

He meant a cute one :o

I’d walk over your bridge:drool:

aww thanks :o

i guess me running out from the bridge in tattered underwear, screaming “have you heard about our lord and saviour, lewis h. amilton” in the faces of bewildered passersby is pretty endearing.

They've really made an arse of the new regulations. Ungainly, blunt and heavy cars. Massively compromised in concept, and even the most refined version of the cars in a few years will still be just a well polished turd.

And the racing is no closer and overtaking is still all DRS. What was the point in all that?!
Yep, totally agree.

F1 became a farce last season and this season was a chance for a new start. They have fecked it.

Controversial post coming up... Max is good but is he great.. How can LeClerc have more poles than him over their careers :wenger:

We forget Seb won 4 World titles and dominated an era but even that isn't enough for the majority to place amongst the greats.

Controversial post coming up... Max is good but is he great.. How can LeClerc have more poles than him over their careers :wenger:

We forget Seb won 4 World titles and dominated an era but even that isn't enough for the majority to place amongst the greats.

Time will tell if he's great. Impossible to say now but he has everything needed for it.

How many wins does Leclerc have with his poles? Max is on 25 already. I think that's more important. Leclerc is the better qualifier, though I have to admit. I think Charles is easily the best qualifier on the grid. I don't think he's as good race pace wise or in the wet. Charles also still has to prove himself under championship pressure. It seems like Ferrari won't be able to compete this year so we will have to wait.

Your 2nd point is a good one. Although I'm willing to bet by the end of both careers, Max will be clear of Vettel and will be in the Hamilton, Schumacher tier.

I'd say Leclerc is easily the best driver this year, if he was driving Red Bull he would be ahead.

I said even on the beggining of the season that Ferrari is slower than Red Bull when many argued they have similar cars, it's just the qualifying where they show their pace(and even there he is much faster than Sainz) but they are regulary slower in the race, plus they are unreliable.

I'd say Leclerc is easily the best driver this year, if he was driving Red Bull he would be ahead.

I said even on the beggining of the season that Ferrari is slower than Red Bull when many argued they have similar cars, it's just the qualifying where they show their pace(and even there he is much faster than Sainz) but they are regulary slower in the race, plus they are unreliable.

Easily :lol:

He's been great this year and I would say on par with Max, but come on now.

Not yet...could be
Little older than Lewis when he won (well was given) his first title
Little younger than Schumacher so plenty of time for him to win a proper title then who knows he could dominate for a decade

It's all very car dependent on whether he dominates in my opinion rather than pound for pound ability. Which can be said for every great driver yes, but the greats have stand out performances when against the odds (Lewis in Turkey). I want to see some memorable drives from Max.

How many wins does Leclerc have with his poles? Max is on 25 already. I think that's more important. Leclerc is the better qualifier, though I have to admit. I think Charles is easily the best qualifier on the grid. I don't think he's as good race pace wise or in the wet. Charles also still has to prove himself under championship pressure. It seems like Ferrari won't be able to compete this year so we will have to wait.

Your 2nd point is a good one. Although I'm willing to bet by the end of both careers, Max will be clear of Vettel and will be in the Hamilton, Schumacher tier.

Leclerc hasn't been converting those poles to wins not necessarily because he's a worse driver. Hooking up one lap requires a different set of skills to a race distance. One thing I agree with you is Max has the experience of driving under pressure now. If Lando and George can get into fast cars it's gonna be amazing seeing them battle Max.

Leclerc hasn't been converting those poles to wins not necessarily because he's a worse driver. Hooking up one lap requires a different set of skills to a race distance. One thing I agree with you is Max has the experience of driving under pressure now. If Lando and George can get into fast cars it's gonna be amazing seeing them battle Max.
The other way around, you could argue Max hasn't had the cars for qualifying on pole most of his career. Ferrari usually been better on that front.

If you take out the Red Bull, which is just a much better car than everyone else's, the rules have done a decent job of stirring things up this season - there's a real battle for "second best team" at the moment, with Ferrari being fast but lacking reliability (and shredding tyres), Mercedes bouncing around like mad but able to finish races to capitalise, and then just behind them are a cluster of teams with McLaren, Alpine, and Alfa duking it out. If I'm right, only Schumacher has no points so far, which is fun.
Agreed, the ability to follow so much closer without losing 75% of the front wing downforce in the dirty air has made a massive difference.

It will take a number of years for the CFD and wind tunnel scaling to take affect. If all the teams can resolve the porposing and bouncing then the entire spectacle will be so much better.

Time will tell if he's great. Impossible to say now but he has everything needed for it.
Agreed. He will have seasons where hes in a car not good enough to win championships. Or years were he may win a few titles on the trot. Its so hard to tell in f1. Who'd have thought seb would be stuck at 4 titles after he picked up no4. Or alsonso wouldnt win anymore titles after his 2nd with Renault?

I wonder where max will go next? A few years away yet, but by that time Ferrari, Mercedes, Audi, Porsche (depending on how the latter two enter the sport) could all be realisitic options. I think he will be in a ferrari for his next move.