F1 2022 Season

If only there was a famous race circuit in florida that had a section for indycar and nascar that deviated from the oval. Oh yeah stupid me, of course there is. Daytona.

Nah.... no space for a fake harbour

FRqHVcJWUAAf_EW

George Russell insisted the inconsistency of the Mercedes "is not making a lot of sense" as he qualified a lowly 12th for the inaugural Miami Grand Prix.

"We are a bit confused to be honest," "My qualifying lap was slower than what I did yesterday in P2.

"The car felt completely different today, we were struggling with porpoising and we just couldn't attack any of the corners.

"It is a real shame because there was the potential in there and yesterday we were quick. It has massively gone away from us today and I don't really know why.

"It has just been a bit inconsistent to be honest.

I think the car clearly has speed, its the porpoising they need to sort out.
Cant be good for any driver to be bounce around they way the are.

Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff said tweaks made to the car overnight ultimately made it worse, but that "experiments" are helping the team to understand the cause of the porpoising.

"We have seen a performing car yesterday in P2 that was real," he told Sky Sports.

"We were able to put it in a sweet spot and today in P3 we were completely off with the experiments we did.

"It creeped a little bit off but it was still bouncing like a kangaroo, the drivers are not happy with it and you can see that is the reason we are off.

"We definitely have a better handling on what works and the slump today from yesterday helped.

"It is never one thing that is responsible for performance and non-performance but we had a good car yesterday afternoon, then we worsened it.

"Some things we understand, others not."
Juan Pablo Montoya said he thought Mercedes have a extremely quick car, once they get the porposing resolved. I dont think Mercedes will abandon the concept though i do expect an engine upgrade of some kind to arrive under the "parity rule" for both Mercedes and Ferrari.

Its all alittle confusing. RB have a car that runs the least downforce and has least drag and with the powertrain is extremely quick on the straights.

Ferrari have a more rounded car albeit with low frequency porposing but it isnt as quick as RB in the straights, but might through medium hugh speed corners.

Mercedes are down on power on RB, not sure about if they are down on Ferrari in terms of HP. They have the best car for low speed corners but porposing is ruining everything else. So truly an unknown as to how quick it could really be if they could run it as low as they really wanted and without porposing.

Its going to leave the rest of the grid and the big three teams with huge questions for next season. Whos design philosophy is the correct one for next season? Low drag/highest straught line speed? All rounded car or extreme downforce car?

Dont think anyone knows, probably still too early to tell.

Superb video. Top body airflow. Ever wondered about words like outwash, ineash upwash and downwash? All explained in the video.

Mercedes this weekend have a new front wing and the endplates push the outwash further outside the car. This video explains how that works.

I really like these 8pm start times. I don't have to plan my day around the race. It allows me to get on with my day and watch it when I've settled in for the evening

That chicane on the first lap or two should be interesting.

I really like these 8pm start times. I don't have to plan my day around the race. It allows me to get on with my day and watch it when I've settled in for the evening

Glad I read this. Thought the race was at 9 like qually. Then checked and found out it was actually 8.30. What is the point in starting at half past when no other race does.

I wish they'd stop trying to convince me that George Russell exists. I'm still not really buying that anyone outside of a movie nazi has a head as square as Coulthard, you're not getting this fecking Thunderbird past me as well.

Track doesn’t seem the best, low grip off the racing line wont help overtaking.

Think there could be some carnage early on through that twisty section & then we might be in for a bit of a snooze fest after.

The whole circus around it is mental. Definitely got fake, plastic Monaco vibes.

I wish they'd stop trying to convince me that George Russell exists. I'm still not really buying that anyone outside of a movie nazi has a head as square as Coulthard, you're not getting this fecking Thunderbird past me as well.

:lol::lol::lol:

I actually laughed out loud there. Fair play.