F1 2022 Season

Shiva87

Which his teammate came 4th in, awkward.
Doesn't matter because Toto knows why Lewis came 14th and Russel came 4th. It's not because of driving skills but more about motivation. Lewis (7time world champion) fighting for 14th is just not acceptable. He was promised a car which will give him a fighting chance for 8th, but he is getting lapped by Max.

I'm a Max fan, but even I can see why it's totally justified for Toto to apologise.

Fluctuation0161

You do realise he has the most point so far, right? More than twice to his teammate who isn't bad driver himself.

Red Bulls were probably quicker today anyway.
Sainz has crashed out 2 out of 4 races. If that is your measure of success, season so far, then I don't know what to say.

That's kind of my point, if it is a tight battle for the championship I think the ruthlessness of Verstappen and Red Bull will win out of Ferrari. Ferraris only hope is to develop their car to be clearly the fastest.

Ferrari despite having alot of history, their current team are inexperienced at competing at this level from team manager to driver line up. I hope Leclerc wins, but it might be a "nearly" season.

Very early days though.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Russell has everything to prove still whereas Lewis has proven everything he needed to and should be on a record breaking 8 titles. He would have retired if he got that I think. The man has had all motivation sucked out of him and when he was in his mid-20s at McLaren and in a similar boat to now he still had stuff to prove so was giving his all. I don’t think this is a Hamilton at 100% but take nothing away from Russell who looks scary good in dogshit cars.

hp88

Nico is such a shit-stirrer when it comes to anything related to Merc

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You guys think Merc will get their car up to the level of RB/Ferrari this season?
Impossible to say really but I very much doubt it. They don't seem to be making any progress yet.

Look at Mclaren, they had a big issue and seemed to have fixed it. Where are Mercedes making these improvements?

The ferrari/rb just seem strong in every situation.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
People are being a bit harsh on Hamilton really. He did as much as he could but the Honda engine is a different beast right now.

This track isn't easy to overtake and he was all over Gasly like a rash - just couldn't get that extra speed when he needed it. You have to give Gasly props with a great defensive job also.

Russell really did the work with that amazing start he got.

F-Red

The dominance from Verstappen was akin to the 2012 Vettel Red Bull. Streets ahead of everyone today.

A very boring race though, one of the worst in a while.

Razvan

Toto apologising like this is quite embarrassing really. The Mercedes is not in a great state, but it's nowhere near as bad as to be P14.

Dan_F

Toto apologising like this is quite embarrassing really. The Mercedes is not in a great state, but it's nowhere near as bad as to be P14.

Of course not. Horrible weekend again for Hamilton. The pit stop really messed up his chance of points. I think it was 2 seconds slower and then Ocon put him behind another two cars.

Track position was key this weekend and Russell did a far better job to get his car up there while the conditions were more unpredictable at the start.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Honestly don't think his heart is in it anymore. And I can't blame him.
You could well be right about that. And as you say, after last year, nobody could blame him. But if mercedes can sort the car out sooner than later, he could still get his motivation back.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Ah we shouldn't care all that much about a few points lost here or there, what really matters is that I just won handbag of the week!
I wanted to make some sort of pun about the drivers and constructors titles already being in it but I'm afraid you'll hunt me down and hurt me if I did. :p

With that said, what a shit race all around for Ferrari..

Last edited:

R'hllor

Not sure that car is that bad to be honest, it might be but still, wonder if he could do bit more adjusting to current situation, MV lapping him probably stings.

Fluctuation0161

Nico is such a shit-stirrer when it comes to anything related to Merc
Ha ha! He is.

Everyone knows he retired after one win because he was not capable of repeating it. He comes across as quite bitter in his comments against Mercedes and, even more so, Hamilton.

Fluctuation0161

Oh, big time. Can't be anything more humiliating for him.

Russell appears to be doing well in the car though. Another decent finish for him today. I quite like him.
I think it is more humiliating for the team. No doubt he will be fuming though. Today is likely the day of realisation, they are not going to catch up this season.

hobbers

What did he say?
"Here, Toto was playing the mental game which is very smart on his behalf again, taking the blame themselves and really trying to support Lewis mentally," Rosberg said on Sky Sports. "Lifting him up and saying that it wasn't Lewis' doing, it's on us.

"It's very smart because it's not the truth and let's not forget that Russell is in P4 with that same car. So Lewis definitely had a big role to play in that poor result this weekend."