F1 2021 Season

It's been gladiatorial. Would not have been the same if Max didn't get his elbows out.

Wonder how much wear that new ICE has now after 71 laps at that pace in that heat.

They'll hope it'll do at least the next 2 races and then maybe have to put one of the older ones in for the final race.

They usually get between 5-7 races per ICE. Wolff was saying on Saturday that they don't think they will need any other ICE's this season for Hamilton.

Great race in a great season. Fantastic to see the top 2 battling like that, and while it's not ultimately the guy I want to see win, I appreciate it keeping things interesting into the the final few races. Superb weekend by Hamilton though.

Wouldn't say that. He doesn't have a brand new engine every week. Verstappen still has a 14point lead too.

We'll see but I think Hamilton will win all the remaining races unless something changes.

Red Bull are adamant that whilst the new engine helps this straight line is something more hence the rear wing talk. They and Honda have all the data points to know where the difference is.

Otherwise just take a new 5 grid penalty every race and fly by - the next few races all have long straights.

This race would have been much more comfortable for Mercedes if Bottas had managed to hold on to first place for 2-3 laps at the start

I can't wait for Russell in the Merc next season and against Hamilton. Right now Bottas and Perez show how great Max and Hamilton really are.

Huge respect to Lewis as a driver. Huge performance all weekend.

BUT he never fails to irk me on a personal level. feck off with the Brazilian flag on the podium. Sure tell the fans how much you love them and that you’re Senna’a biggest fan, but standing on top of the podium listening to the British national anthem draped in the Brazilian flag - nah mate.

BUT he never fails to irk me on a personal level. feck off with the Brazilian flag on the podium. Sure tell the fans how much you love them and that you’re Senna’a biggest fan, but standing on top of the podium listening to the British national anthem draped in the Brazilian flag - nah mate.

Brexit means Brexit right?

Hamilton showing his undoubted brilliance this weekend. Champions, the really great ones, get stuck in when the chips are down.

I saw nothing wrong with it, showing resect to Senna and the crowd , but not shocked that some did not like it.

As a Brit, I really couldn't care less about this. Quite a silly thing to get annoyed about really. Brazil crowd has shown him love all weekend, he's showing it back.

Feel like many people who don't like Hamilton like to get annoyed at every little detail about him, such as this.

Last edited:

Shouldn't bother you.

But it does wonders for his instagram followers and for his market presence in south america. :lol:

Loved the race by hamilton but reading this thread, the hate bottas gets is a bit too much I think. The guy had a podium finish and he's a level below verstappen and hamilton. But what a brilliant drive by hamilton. Not able to sleep from the adrenal dose from the race.

Horner is insufferable. Such a hypocrite claiming that was just a racing incident and he wouldn't expect anything if the roles were reversed.

Brexit means Brexit right?

Oh feck off - I was a staunch remainer but there’s something wrong about listening to the national anthem with the Union Jack behind him whilst draped in another countries flag.

Would you or other posters cool with it be happy with someonefrom team gb getting a gold medal at the olympics draped in another countries flag? It’s fecking disrespectful.

I have no issue with him driving with the flag celebrating or even respecting the crowd, but not whilst the national anthem is playing.

Oh feck off - I was a staunch remainer but there’s something wrong about listening to the national anthem with the Union Jack behind him whilst draped in another countries flag.

Would you or other posters cool with it be happy with someonefrom team gb getting a gold medal at the olympics draped in another countries flag? It’s fecking disrespectful.

I have no issue with him driving with the flag celebrating or even respecting the crowd, but not whilst the national anthem is playing.
:lol:

As a Brit, I really couldn't care less about this. Quite a silly thing to get annoyed about really. Brazil crowd has shown him love all weekend, he's showing it back.

Feel like many people who don't like Hamilton like to get annoyed at every little detail about him, such as this.

Again, I’m all for him paying back the respect to the crowd and celebrating with the flag but don’t listen to your countries national anthem wearing the flag of another nation - it’s just dosrespectful.

I would rather they just got rid of the national anthems. Or even better, just play the Brazilian one, it’s a million times better than ours.

Urgh honestly why do you care? Like what’s the point in wasting your energy on a flag.

I would rather they just got rid of the national anthems. Or even better, just play the Brazilian one, it’s a million times better than ours.

Yeah I don’t disagree with that. It doesn’t have to be about the nationality of the driver. He’s there as an individual or as a member of Mercedes, I don’t know why the national anthems are played.

Well I did not see anything wrong with that at all.
You obviously didn't hear the crowd chearing when Lewis overtook Max. What is wrong with mutual respect.
Lewis is always very keen to thank the spectators for their support. Something very few other drivers actually do.
He also had it on during the German national anthem didn't he.

Urgh honestly why do you care? Like what’s the point in wasting your energy on a flag.

Im not going to lose sleep about it, but it’s a weird thing to do no?? It wouldn’t be acceptable for other sportsmen to do it. He’s not representing GB officially but if they make a thing of nationality by playing the anthem of the winner, don’t wear another national flag.

Again, I’m all for him paying back the respect to the crowd and celebrating with the flag but don’t listen to your countries national anthem wearing the flag of another nation - it’s just disrespectful.
Who cares? Let people do what they want. Just because he's British it doesn't mean he has to follow certain rules you like to see. He's clearly respectful and thanking British fans at Silverstone.

It's only a bloody anthem.