g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Everton 23/24 | R.I.P Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Do they even have a celebrity face for the takeover?

Couldn't they have got the bloke for Maroon 5 or Jimmy Fallon or something

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Everton are fecked. I still believe they have a strong chance of relegation - their squad/team looks so poor. It must be a hard watch for their supporters.
I think it's alright in terms of staying up this year but needs to be improved on heavily if we want to be mid-table and safe from relegation battles.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I think it's alright in terms of staying up this year but needs to be improved on heavily if we want to be mid-table and safe from relegation battles.
Admittedly I didn't keep up with any late deals you may have made in the window, but the teams you put out so far make my eyes bleed :lol:
4 CMs including Garner on the right, Doucoure as a 10 behind the strikers, Young at LB...that is a team that should be in the relegation mix.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Like being a bottom half Manchester United
Much worse ran club.

They were once part of the big 5 in England 30 years ago, and are now regularly in the bottom places and on the brink of the Championship. Yet we’ve got it so awful finishing 3rd and only winning the League Cup, because apparently people thought we’d go on winning the league every single season indefinitely.

Just some context to think about in the PL, before you even get into clubs in the lower leagues being ran into near non-existence.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Admittedly I didn't keep up with any late deals you may have made in the window, but the teams you put out so far make my eyes bleed :lol:
4 CMs including Garner on the right, Doucoure as a 10 behind the strikers, Young at LB...that is a team that should be in the relegation mix.
That's because McNeil/Harrison/Iwobi were injured. Iwobi is now gone but McNeil should be back this weekend and Harrison is almost back too.

Young was fantastic last season for an Aston Villa side that almost made a top 4 challenge.

Doucoure can be improved on but he's capable for a mid table side and I would rather we rotate between him and Garner depending on the game and what we need.

Our chance creation/xG thus far is in the top half of the table and mixing with the top clubs and those such as Brentford/Brighton.

Beto has also come in and looked very good. With a few tweaks and players coming back we really should have a side capable of staying up.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Much worse ran club.

They were once part of the big 5 in England 30 years ago, and are now regularly in the bottom places and on the brink of the Championship. Yet we’ve got it so awful finishing 3rd and only winning the League Cup, because apparently people thought we’d go on winning the league every single season indefinitely.

Just some context to think about in the PL, before you even get into clubs in the lower leagues being ran into near non-existence.
I've always felt United are too big to fail which is a blessing and a curse. The curse being the Glazers can milk us for a whole lot more.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I've always felt United are too big to fail which is a blessing and a curse. The curse being the Glazers can milk us for a whole lot more.
Yep. You almost need to go the where Liverpool were under Kenny and Arsenal a couple of years ago, genuine mid table mediocrity to build a top quality team from. Not that these teams have been pissing league titles but they’ve both genuinely challenged City having been midtable.

United always get short term solutions or players good enough to finish top 4 but not challenge for titles. Really, standards of recruitment should be completely changed even if it means a couple of seasons out the top 4, slowly finding the right player who is at the right level. At the moment it’s just boom bust of the same top 4 dogfight.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Much worse ran club.

We're just too big a club to get down to Everton's level. We'll still finish top 4/6 and win a League Cup here and there. In terms of how badly they're run, we are just as bad. Poor managers, overpaid transfers, fans unhappiness, horrible owners, off the field scandals, etc

Oldyella

We're just too big a club to get down to Everton's level. We'll still finish top 4/6 and win a League Cup here and there. In terms of how badly they're run, we are just as bad. Poor managers, overpaid transfers, fans unhappiness, horrible owners, off the field scandals, etc
Bet Everton thought similar 30 years ago.

ScholesyTheWise

I'll admit that for a couple of seconds, I thought that 777 different people had bought together a football club, as surreal as it sounds.
Then I got my shit together.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Bet Everton thought similar 30 years ago.
Difference is the global brand of United thanks to their height during the PL era. I doubt we would have fallen so low if our height was in the PL era.

Oldyella

Difference is the global brand of United thanks to their height during the PL era. I doubt we would have fallen so low if our height was in the PL era.
Maybe not, there's just so much money about now. Still think it's it's cautionary tale on how easy it is to slip into mediocrity assuming a big name will save you (sorry)

MegadrivePerson

From David Ornstein,

EXCL: Everton receive sizeable loan from prospective owners 777. Payment worth tens of millions for working capital + stadium build. US firm to provide #EFC multi-club model expertise & join board in observer role during approvals process
@TheAthleticFC

This sounds very much like a club on the verge of going in to administration/bust.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
From David Ornstein,

EXCL: Everton receive sizeable loan from prospective owners 777. Payment worth tens of millions for working capital + stadium build. US firm to provide #EFC multi-club model expertise & join board in observer role during approvals process
@TheAthleticFC

This sounds very much like a club on the verge of going in to administration/bust.
Someone doesn’t spend £500m on a club that’s about to go bust…

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Someone doesn’t spend £500m on a club that’s about to go bust…
That's probably just to keep them afloat, hence working capital.

Football clubs ex Utd pretty much all burn money and I won't be surprised if a few go under during this downturn.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
From David Ornstein,

@TheAthleticFC

Yep.

Wouldn't be surprised if we are hit with point deductions or go under this year.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Yep.

Wouldn't be surprised if we are hit with point deductions or go under this year.
I assume the new owners ploughing in this cash won't actually help you out with regards to FFP?
It's just to essentially keep you afloat and keep progressing with the stadium?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I assume the new owners ploughing in this cash won't actually help you out with regards to FFP?
It's just to essentially keep you afloat and keep progressing with the stadium?
From my limited understand yeah. The FFP stuff is tied into money the club generates through sales and income etc, not money the owner pumps in which is why you see dodgy sponsorship deals.

MegadrivePerson

Yep.

Loans just to stay afloat is very very worrying.

Sorry to say this but it feels like this has been a long time coming. Years of financial mismanagement are coming home to roost.

MegadrivePerson

From my limited understand yeah. The FFP stuff is tied into money the club generates through sales and income etc, not money the owner pumps in which is why you see dodgy sponsorship deals.
Yeah, the 'mistake' that you made is that you should have copied Man City and made up a number of different fake crypto companies that are mysteriously sponsoring you.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Loans just to stay afloat is very very worrying.

Sorry to say this but it feels like this has been a long time coming. Years of financial mismanagement are coming home to roost.
It's entirely the fault of a shite owner and shite board and also why it made me very annoyed at people who said we should be grateful to Moshiri for the money he's put in. He consistently made the same mistakes, tried to enforce himself into positions he shouldn't have been because he has no bloody idea how to be a football club owner.

Champ

It's entirely the fault of a shite owner and shite board and also why it made me very annoyed at people who said we should be grateful to Moshiri for the money he's put in. He consistently made the same mistakes, tried to enforce himself into positions he shouldn't have been because he has no bloody idea how to be a football club owner.
Mmmm, this sounds very familiar! Apart from the owner putting money in of course!

Do you feel more positive about the new owners/Investors since this news of financial backing?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Mmmm, this sounds very familiar! Apart from the owner putting money in of course!

Do you feel more positive about the new owners/Investors since this news of financial backing?
No. Club needs a full reset.

Champ

No. Club needs a full reset.
Again, kind of know that feeling!

Hopefully something positive comes out of it for your club, never like to see football clubs suffer due to poor ownership.

MegadrivePerson

If/when Everton go in to administration you will get a 9 point deduction.

As weird as it sounds you still might stay up this season even with that deduction because the newly promoted teams are so poor.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If/when Everton go in to administration you will get a 9 point deduction.

As weird as it sounds you still might stay up this season even with that deduction because the newly promoted teams are so poor.
We'd likely need 45-50 points which I can't see with this squad. I was thinking 40-45 would be achievable but even that's looking fairly optimistic.

MegadrivePerson

We'd likely need 45-50 points which I can't see with this squad. I was thinking 40-45 would be achievable but even that's looking fairly optimistic.
I don't think you will need that many.

I can't see any of the promoted teams getting more than 27/28 points

FujiVice

First time their supporters have seen them win two away games on the bounce since August 2016.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
I would think 35 points will see you safe this season. The clubs coming up from the championship are lacking in quality this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.