Everton 23/24 | R.I.P Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
They would've smoked us if not for the Puskas winner within a couple of minuets. Knocked the wind out of them.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Dyche and Thelwell have built a great little team which has let fans begin to enjoy watch us again.

Mykolenko has improved so so much. He's been phenomenal this season.

Branthwaite, Onana, Garner and McNeil all really good young players on the books.

Doucoure been a monster under Dyche too. Lampard wanted him sold and he was with the reserves. Our top scorer in the Dyche tenure.

We shouldn't be anywhere near the relegation zone this year.

Finally he's let the foot of the throttle and moved away from setting up defensively and it's working wonders.

Both he and Iraola are good examples of waiting 10-15 games in the season because you'll start to see the real team come together.
The reason I joined CAF was Jimmy Garner - I’m really annoyed we missed out on him, his partnership with Yatesy was brilliant. Given where United’s midfield are now - another ETH transfer blunder?

Ludens the Red

Dyche and Thelwell have built a great little team which has let fans begin to enjoy watch us again.

Mykolenko has improved so so much. He's been phenomenal this season.

Branthwaite, Onana, Garner and McNeil all really good young players on the books.

Doucoure been a monster under Dyche too. Lampard wanted him sold and he was with the reserves. Our top scorer in the Dyche tenure.

We shouldn't be anywhere near the relegation zone this year.

Finally he's let the foot of the throttle and moved away from setting up defensively and it's working wonders.

Both he and Iraola are good examples of waiting 10-15 games in the season because you'll start to see the real team come together.
Yah got to hand it to do Dyche. Didn’t think he could really do much with this squad. This current Everton looks the closest thing to Moyes’ Everton.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Also what was good at the weekend was whenever fans started poverty chanting we put up a graphic on the screen regarding support for food banks. A really good way to respond to that toxicity.

TsuWave

Has Doucoure always been this much of goal threat? Seems every other day Everton plays, I see him scoring :confused:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Wow, thanks. Dyche is getting the most out of him
He's using DCL and Doucoure to perfection in a 4-2-3-1 that operates as a 4-4-2 on occasions with DCL popping off the balls for the wingers and Doucoure. It works exceptionally well in some games because the pace and power of Doucoure gets him in good positions and he's there to clean up anything that DCL misses etc. We do need another CAM though that's capable of playing better football though and unlocking teams.

ROFLUTION

Has Doucoure always been this much of goal threat? Seems every other day Everton plays, I see him scoring :confused:
At Watford he was kind of similar. Always a threat and people talked about buying him at United at one point. Then faded, but now back to being a threat. In his Watford days he left pretty big space behind when bombing forward considering he was a central midfielder.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Thought they were safe a couple of weeks ago but they've had a bad period. 3 straight league losses, Lewin 3 match ban, McNeil injured, Luton and Notts picking up form, Toney back for Brentford. And potentially more points deducted.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I mean two of those games were against Spurs and City and we have been shafted royally by the officials in the Spurs, City and Palace game. I give up with them, they're a disgrace and so is football.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If we weren't fecked money wise I think we actually now have the right manager and DoF to take us forward. Sods law.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I hope Everton stay up.

City winning the league while Everton go down is just the type of on-the-nose injustice that's so prevalent in modern society and makes you despair about the existence of any sort of balance or fairness in a system (in this case football).

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Was hoping nobody picked up on that. :lol:

Googled the show and it's a very random selection of players and wives.

Torino

Supports
Newcastle United
Anthony Gordon now up 10 goals this season, can’t believe he was chased down the road and hounded by Everton fans. Now their fans are complaining about a lack of goals…

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You lot think you have it bad but it could end up being a severely depressing summer for Everton fans.

Club in the shit financially, owner that wants out and impending future deductions once again.

The noise coming from the club pretty much is stating that Onana will be sold and then Branthwaite will be too if a too good to refuse offer comes in (perhaps even lower than our value if we become desperate for a sale). We also have a bunch of players that are shite or are out of contract so they'll be leaving, aswell as people like Harrison and Danjuma loans ending.

Summer will likely be another of freebies, loans and low value cost spreading for transfers. If we thought Dyche keeping us up this year was a good achievement it would be a bloody miracle to keep us up in the next!

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
777 should be made to sell Everton for peanuts (if they're already the owners) and the incoming owner can then cover the debt as the purchase price.

I think they have a new stadium to look forward to (and pay off as well), so it's not like they're not an attractive club.

Maybe Qatar can look into it?

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
You lot think you have it bad but it could end up being a severely depressing summer for Everton fans.

Club in the shit financially, owner that wants out and impending future deductions once again.

The noise coming from the club pretty much is stating that Onana will be sold and then Branthwaite will be too if a too good to refuse offer comes in (perhaps even lower than our value if we become desperate for a sale). We also have a bunch of players that are shite or are out of contract so they'll be leaving, aswell as people like Harrison and Danjuma loans ending.

Summer will likely be another of freebies, loans and low value cost spreading for transfers. If we thought Dyche keeping us up this year was a good achievement it would be a bloody miracle to keep us up in the next!
I wouldn't be much worried if i were you: a Premier League club will have hundreds of people interested in financing Everton. If the owners bail out there will be a queue.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
777 should be made to sell Everton for peanuts (if they're already the owners) and the incoming owner can then cover the debt as the purchase price.

I think they have a new stadium to look forward to (and pay off as well), so it's not like they're not an attractive club.

Maybe Qatar can look into it?
They need someone with A LOT of money willing to take on big clubs bills with small club results/revenues. It's quite the gamble.

FujiVice

Everton are a big club with massive potential with the right owners. Someone is bound to take them on

SambaBoy

Everton aren't owned by 777 - and they'd do well to avoid getting taken over by them. Just read the news coming out about them - they are putting companies up for collateral that are made up or that they don't completely own. All the clubs they own aren't doing too well and there are regular fan protests against them.

777 has been propping them up with finances until the takeover 'goes through' but it's looking less likely with each passing week with all the court cases against them in the US.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
They need someone with A LOT of money willing to take on big clubs bills with small club results/revenues. It's quite the gamble.
I don't think it's that big of a gamble. Run properly the club should be a gold mine.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I don't think it's that big of a gamble. Run properly the club should be a gold mine.
With almost a billion of debts and no European football for the forseeable future that's a wild hope. Their new stadium will no doubt give them a boost but this is no Tottenham stadium. I'm not sure they even have a Cheese Manager in place.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
With almost a billion of debts and no European football for the forseeable future that's a wild hope. Their new stadium will no doubt give them a boost but this is no Tottenham stadium. I'm not sure they even have a Cheese Manager in place.
Who in their right mind would build a stadium without a cheese room.
Everton will sell out the new stadium & with quality people in place could easily challenge for European spots within 3 to 5 years. It would need to be a long term plan but the club has obvious potential.

FujiVice

A well run Everton, who doesnt need to sell their stars every year would absolutely be knocking on the door for European football.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
We have 34k on the waiting list for a season ticket. We will sell out the new stadium with ease and there is room to expand it to 60k which we would also sell out.

Status
Not open for further replies.