Europa League 24/25

Fenerbache away with Mourinho could be horrible and Porto away may be tricky. We should be finishing top 8 with little drama imo

This is where I hope the likes of Lindelof and Eriksen come in and earn their paychecks, instead of us needing to use first choices all the damn time.

The home games are all very winnable so I reckon winning those 4 and one more away game gets us top 8. With our ever-present injury crisis we can't afford to finish in the playoff places and having to play two extra games. I still remember having to play Barcelona in the round of 32 during ETH's first season, we were running on fumes at the end of that season.

Of course the one time we face a Norwegian team in a competitive match it's only at Old Trafford.

A blessing. We would get shat at away vs Bodø/Glimt.

3-1-0 at home, 1-1-2 away. So 9th-10th.

And there is nothing hard to understand about the new format, it takes less than 5 minutes to learn everything about it.

Is there a time tomorrow fixtures will come out or will it just be whenever they feel like it?

That’s a huge toll on an already jammed season.
In 1999, discarding league cup, United played

League 38
FA cup 8
CL 13
Total : 59

This season we could potentially play
League 38
FA cup 6
EL 17 (getting in top 8 reduces this by 2)
Total : 61

I remember at end of season United was playing nearly every 3 days.

I do agree that the football authority’s take the piss , but most modern squads competing for top honors should be able to manage it. The scale back of fa cup replays has somewhat reduced the burden.

I hope we put some effort into this. I'd like to see us trying to win it, we need to re-create a culture of winning. I know it's not a valued trophy, but every trophy should matter in the same way every match should matter. We lost a lot of easy points through complacency over the years.

I hope we put some effort into this. I'd like to see us trying to win it, we need to re-create a culture of winning. I know it's not a valued trophy, but every trophy should matter in the same way every match should matter. We lost a lot of easy points through complacency over the years.
We won a trophy in our last 2 seasons so should be going for Europa now definitely. Winning Europa still gets you CL football, right? Could be easier way to CL for us than league if we continue last season's form + other teams do well (Villa, Chelsea, Spurs, Newcastle..).

I’ve always wanted us to give it a go, dont get the apathy many have to it.

But even if a person doesn’t care about it, winning it guarantees CL and even going far in it adds to England coefficient for the 5th place team in EPL to get a CL spot next season. No matter how you look at it, the further we go, the more avenues we open for CL qualification.

Really like the look of those matches, the Fenerbache clash in Turkey against Mourinho is a particular standout.

We really should be aiming to win all of those matches if we've got any ambition to win this trophy, but I could understand draws in the away matches to Porto & Fenerbache.

We need to catch Liverpool in the European trophies department and in general this would be a good start we are along way of being a champions league winning team but this tournament is a decent stepping stone and of course offers a chance for fringe players and some youth players with the games against the like of Bucharest so i would like us to win it.

That’s a huge toll on an already jammed season.
Top 8 and it's 2 less KO games. I think the draw looks like a good one where we should easily go through as a top 8 team. Can't use 2nd 11, but should be able rotate pretty much without risking too much.

With his second career hat trick. :D

I think I do like this new format, though. Greater variety of interesting games.
I like it too! But 2 extra games + 2 additional ‘play-off’ games for teams ranking 9-24th would add a lot of extra workload (incl. travelling) to the squad. Here’s hoping we could avoid those play-off games!

I’ve always wanted us to give it a go, dont get the apathy many have to it.

But even if a person doesn’t care about it, winning it guarantees CL and even going far in it adds to England coefficient for the 5th place team in EPL to get a CL spot next season. No matter how you look at it, the further we go, the more avenues we open for CL qualification.
We always do "give it a go"? Won it in 16/17, semi finalists the next time we were in it (full strength team lost the tie), beaten finalists the next time we were in it, quarter finalists the next time we were in it (full strength team lost the tie). I don't understand this idea that we haven't always put everything into the competition.

We always do "give it a go"? Won it in 16/17, semi finalists the next time we were in it (full strength team lost the tie), beaten finalists the next time we were in it, quarter finalists the next time we were in it (full strength team lost the tie). I don't understand this idea that we haven't always put everything into the competition.
I think the poster was referring to the fans, not the attitude of players and staff.

We should just be careful of Porto, and a bit of Fener away.

Otherwise, we should use our squad confortably and go through easily

Rangers and Jose away in a random computer draw...nice!

We should be winning all 8 games. Hope there is heavy rotation as we have a big squad with 2 capable players for each position.

The Dan Ashworth interview was interesting to say the least. Said there are still a few hours left when asked if we can expect any incomings :o

Couple of tough away games, in Fenerbache and Porto, quite a nice looking draw.

This is where I hope the likes of Lindelof and Eriksen come in and earn their paychecks, instead of us needing to use first choices all the damn time.

Ten Hag will play the first choices unless they're unavailable so if they come in we are already in crisis

In 1999, discarding league cup, United played

League 38
FA cup 8
CL 13
Total : 59

This season we could potentially play
League 38
FA cup 6
EL 17 (getting in top 8 reduces this by 2)
Total : 61

I remember at end of season United was playing nearly every 3 days.

I do agree that the football authority’s take the piss , but most modern squads competing for top honors should be able to manage it. The scale back of fa cup replays has somewhat reduced the burden.
But they’ve also increased it by padding in a lot more international matches. More pointless friendlies, more teams in major national tournaments, the introduction of the nations league etc.

Do we have a date when we play Fenerbahce away?

Elfsborg's draw is absolutely insane:
Roma, Braga, Qarabag and Nice @home + Spurs, AZ, Galatasaray and Athletic Bilbao away. Lord have mercy.

Tougher games than I was expecting to see. But this is where we are at the moment - most games will be tough.