Europa League 22/23 | Final: Sevilla vs Roma (May 31)

West Ham the biggest English club in a European final this season. Well done.

What a fantastic team this Sevilla, they play some exciting old school attacking football.

Yep fully agree. This was a chance of another trophy and UCL qualification through it. We shat the bed.
Strangest thing is. People think that we can ‘s the bed’ in the Europa this season, finish Top4 then suddenly the same losers will turn into winners because. . . £100mil striker.

I’m genuinely pissed at how we’ve performed in the Europa recently. We’re not good enough to win the Champions League so winning this should have been more important imo. It’s not ideal but it’s where we’re at.

82a800f089b504673258e65405fb04f4.png

The media or his acolytes will say it's a defensive master class though. Anti-football manager.

Strangest thing is. People think that we can ‘s the bed’ in the Europa this season, finish Top4 then suddenly the same losers will turn into winners because. . . £100mil striker.

I’m genuinely pissed at how we’ve performed in the Europa recently. We’re not good enough to win the Champions League so winning this should have been more important imo. It’s not ideal but it’s where we’re at.

It was definitely an opportunity missed. Especially with the teams left.

How's Frimpong playing? Not surprised that Roma are holding on, although i see Spinazolla got taken off early.

He's double teamed out wide so keeps just playing it back inside conservatively. Does not appear to be brimming with ideas, though it's against 10 defenders

The best teams play the most games, it’s a different type of season due to Qatar but I don’t want to hear any tired bollocks again next season. You’ve got to be in it to win it.

Yep, and we are not one of the best teams right now which is why that schedule was too much for us and something had to give.

If we were strolling towards the Top4 & resting up for the FA Cup final then maybe but I’d rather be playing tonight & worrying about Bournemouth come Sunday.

The best teams play the most games, it’s a different type of season due to Qatar but I don’t want to hear any tired bollocks again next season. You’ve got to be in it to win it.
Need more strength in depth next season to allow more rotation especially in the domestic cups. Big transfer window ahead this summer.

82a800f089b504673258e65405fb04f4.png

The media or his acolytes will say it's a defensive master class though. Anti-football manager.
He's past his peak but it got roma to the second biggest European final available and their first major European final(not counting the previous year) since 1984.

I don't think they'll be too fussed about it.

They parked the double decker bus alright, but I don't remember anything more than one or two good chances for Bayer in this. Very comfortable defensive performance for Roma.

Now let's focus on the other game.

Fair play to Jose. Could have back to back European finals and wins.

Also spurs sacking Jose the week of a final is still funny

This was a classic Jose defend a lead game. The shithousery and defending was as good as it gets that you have to respect it.

The made Leverkusen look extremely toothless the whole game.

Two former United managers getting to European finals, honestly I hope they both win it.

Sevilla fully deserved on the lead. Also hats of to Juve for not getting spanked as I thought they would be, they could have scored several goals themselves. I hope the utd players watch this game and take notes. Best game I’ve seen this season.

Sevilla win europa, come third in their champions League group stage, get relegated to Europa and win it ...

Not kidding but facing in Sevilla in the final with Roma will be the hardest European final in Mourinho's history, far harder than his two CL finals. These lot are unbeatable in this competition.