Europa League 22/23 | Final: Sevilla vs Roma (May 31)

2019. Liverpool-Spurs CL final and Chelsea-Arsenal in Europa final.
Yup that was the one season it was clearly best league. But it’s never been sustained

the amount of money pumped into league it’s actually shocking how poor records have been in all euro competition

West Ham another team stinking up up so lethargic after giving it their all against us in the previous game.
West Ham were awful against us. The 1st half they offered very very little.

Not a surprising score to be found in the 4 European matches so far.
So the relative strength of the EPL it isn’t very impressive is it? 1semi finalist in the 2 little Euro cups. If the EPL was truly the best league in the world they should be dominating these cups.
Has the EPL ever had an all round great season like the serie A has this year? They’re on their way to having a finalist in all 3 cups. Incredible success!

yeah 2 years ago Chelsea v Man City in the final of the top cup in Europe, and also 4 years ago Liverpool beat spurs in final. This year City is the favourite to win it

4 finalists that is indeed impressive. But rarely it is a team outside the top 6. When you look at LaLiga you have the likes of villareal, Bilbao and Espanyol having played finals not to mention Alaves. Despite the coefficient I believe LaLiga is the better league. Also this year it is not impossible to have both Real and Sevilla victorious again.

Yup that was the one season it was clearly best league. But it’s never been sustained

the amount of money pumped into league it’s actually shocking how poor records have been in all euro competition
Back in 2007-2009 period there were 3 English teams in CL semis in 3 consecutive seasons, I'd say that was golden period for Premier League in European competitions. But that was obviously long time ago.

Back in 2007-2009 period there were 3 English teams in CL semis in 3 consecutive seasons, I'd say that was golden period for Premier League in European competitions. But that was obviously long time ago.
Yup. but it’s still just 5 winners this century. And Europa league is only 4….Like I said. The amount of money that’s in the league it’s not very impressive return at all

Not a surprising score to be found in the 4 European matches so far.
So the relative strength of the EPL it isn’t very impressive is it? 1semi finalist in the 2 little Euro cups. If the EPL was truly the best league in the world they should be dominating these cups.
Has the EPL ever had an all round great season like the serie A has this year? They’re on their way to having a finalist in all 3 cups. Incredible success!
2019 Chelsea v Arsenal Europa league final and Liverpool v Tottenham Champions league final

As a Dutchman I can't help but look in awe at what AZ is doing.

Yup. but it’s still just 5 winners this century. And Europa league is only 4….Like I said. The amount of money that’s in the league it’s not very impressive return at all
You're right and no doubt Spanish teams have been the best in European competitions over the years and PL teams should have done better with all the money spent. But it still never made most people switch to watching La Liga instead of PL anyways.

18/19 all PL european finals
20/21 3/4 PL teams in finals, 4 in SF
21/22 CL runner-up, SF, EL SF, Conference had Spurs eliminated by Covid, Leicester out to Roma in QF, Chelsea out to Madrid in QF in CL

PL has been pretty damn dominant over the last years, ever since clubs pulled their thumbs our of their arses and started making their financial advantages count

Exactly that is what I wanted to say, many of Spanish teams have a much lower budget yet get greater results. It is more important to have less money so you have to do creative transfers and use your football knowledge instead of just spending money. I think the Italians are also much more football savvy than the English.

You're right and no doubt Spanish teams have been the best in European competitions over the years and PL teams should have done better with all the money spent. But it still never made most people switch to watching La Liga instead of PL anyways.
Correct. If there is one thing EPL is the undisputed champ at. it’s marketing

Are Fiorentina and Basle any good at defending set plays? If they aren't neither will beat West Ham.

Fair play west ham

id actually be pretty happy for Moyes if he wins the thing

Gonna be the first European final Mourinho will ever lose. Sevilla will never lose this competition.

Juve with 4 shots and only 1 on target. At home in European semifinals game that's really poor.

Mmm. If they get away with it with this performance thanks to a brainfart by a defender i will be really mad

Been watching west ham last 20 minutes. They looked good, deserve the lead based on what I have seen.

Moyes, Telles, Smalling, Matic, Darmian, Mkhi and Lukaku all have one foot in European finals.

Been watching west ham last 20 minutes. They looked good, deserve the lead based on what I have seen.
Yep, even the az goal was kinda against the run of play and still keeper should have done better

Are Fiorentina and Basle any good at defending set plays? If they aren't neither will beat West Ham.
Fiorentina are clearly not :lol:

:(

Both teams scored off set pieces in this game

Basel did look pretty dominant in the air though

Seeing Sevilla beating juve and then thinking how dominant united were against Sevilla in the first leg then just threw everything away is frustrating

This doesn’t mean anything for Sevilla. They will play like lions at home with such a crowd, Juve will get spanked.