Europa League 22/23 | Final: Sevilla vs Roma (May 31)

Hung over.
Losing after being in front untill the 89th minute.
Children awake at 6 am.
Mou taking the piss out of us in the media.

Meh.

So Roma are the only Europa team left in the competition. I hope they win it. Ucl dropouts should pack it in if they finish 3rd.

Mourinho is doing what he's done best over his career - getting teams far into cup competitions.
It's his league credentials - requiring far more consistency and adaptability (that sounds a little oxymoronic when saying it out loud) that have come into question in recent years.
Apart from his first Chelsea spell (and some might argue his RM and Inter spells though they were fleeting successes still backed by silly money), he hasn't been able to get that consistent league performance for the teams he's managed.
And when he doesn't, his usual complaints about the club management, spending etc all weigh in.

There's no denying he's a top manager, just that the kind of football he plays has also left a lot to be desired (I still don't know how RM scored a record 103 goals playing mourinho ball back in 2012/2013. Then again I don't watch La Liga)

Jose isn't daft he knew the potential was there before taking on the gig and Roma is lower risk and less pressure job than the likes of Chelsea,United,Tottenham his last three gigs in England.
Yeah, uh, nope. I'll give you Chelsea and United these days, but Spurs? :lol:

Yeah, uh, nope. I'll give you Chelsea and United these days, but Spurs? :lol:
The media was on Jose's back as soon as things turned south at Tottenham even though they weren't doing that with Poch who had a similar record in his final season . Daniel Levy folded to that pressure and was foolish to rid of Jose a few days before a cup final while totally ignoring Jose has a superb record in finals.

Time to bump the thread as in less than 1 hour the UEFA Europa League semifinals start:

Juventus v Sevilla starting XIs:

Roma vs Leverkusen:

Important games ahead even if it's understandable that without Manchester United and Arsenal in the competition there's much less interest as for everything not related to Premier League.

What a flex from Roma wearing the SPQR in the place of a sponsor. Carthago Delenda Est!

It should have been us...

Sevilla juve should be a good match

It’s such an interesting tie this but damn depressing. Us losing to Sevilla despite their hex is brutal.

The fact United consistently get knocked out by small clubs is just not good enough. Mourinho said he wasn’t impressed by our European pedigree everyone jumped him for it.

He kinda was right though. For a club our size we’ve barely ever been good in Europe. Smaller teams always find a way unlike Madrid who when I was a kid United compared to.

Now we are a joke in Europe compared. It’s laughable really how bad we’ve been this past decade despite that single Europa league win.

It actually been the toughest revelation of any of the glazers era our European form. You realise just how average we are.

We were better in 2013 than 2011 though in Europe. Happened only to draw against Madrid at an earlier stage.

Sevilla, man. These bastards just own the competition.

Roma only club of these 4 that never won UEFA Cup/Europa so would be nice if they go and win it this year. Though it seems Sevilla just won't go away :lol:

So are BT just going to constantly remind us that Sevilla beat us every three minutes for the entirety of the two legs just to ensure we remember that yes we were knocked out by Sevilla in the last round? Because I'd much rather they didn't tbh.

Roma only club of these 4 that never won UEFA Cup/Europa so would be nice if they go and win it this year. Though it seems Sevilla just won't go away :lol:

Mourinho winning two European trophies in a row would make for good viewing too :lol:

Mourinho winning two European trophies in a row would make for good viewing too :lol:

He's basically be the first manager to complete European club football.

All 3 European trophies
3 major domestic leagues
All domestic cups in those leagues

Heritage

Yeah, I'd like that as well. And Moyes potentially winning Conference League, some of our fans would hate it but I'd be happy for those two.

Areola should have saved that shot, West Ham has been dominating but that's not enough.

Yeah, I'd like that as well. And Moyes potentially winning Conference League, some of our fans would hate it but I'd be happy for those two.

Eh, I’d much rather Fiorentina. Those purple kits from the 90s bring back some good memories.

Anyone but Sevilla/Juventus for the Europa League though

Eh, I’d much rather Fiorentina. Those purple kits from the 90s bring back some good memories.

Anyone but Sevilla/Juventus for the Europa League though
That would be fine as well.

Switching to Juve-Sevilla game from time to time and seems like Sevilla are dominating in Torino. At least we were good until everything went against us in that first game.

Amazing watching this West Ham game. They’re playing with a lot less intensity than they did against us on Sunday. Baffling that to certain players beating Manchester United in a random league game is more important than getting to a European final.

Juventus vs Sevilla is basically Juventus vs Sporting except Sevilla aren't useless

Juventus are truly mediocre, it screws with my brain how they managed to get 66 points in the league. This is how they've been all season long in serie A too! It's just ridiculous

Meanwhile, Roma vs Leverkusen is the spider man meme :lol:

Yeah Juventus have been shite in the league but kept picking up 1-0 wins. They’re not the second or third best team in Italy but here we are

Amazing watching this West Ham game. They’re playing with a lot less intensity than they did against us on Sunday. Baffling that to certain players beating Manchester United in a random league game is more important than getting to a European final.
Imo West Ham weren't that good against us either, especially until the goal that gave them more energy and they were compact enough to keep the lead while we were too slow to cause them bigger problems.

They are also fighting again relegation.

Yeah Juventus have been shite in the league but kept picking up 1-0 wins. They’re not the second or third best team in Italy but here we are
I reckon they're fifth best and that's entirely down to individual quality and depth. They somehow got an awesome season out of Rabiot and Milik and that's carried them along with luck, goalkeeping and set pieces

Not a surprising score to be found in the 4 European matches so far.
So the relative strength of the EPL it isn’t very impressive is it? 1semi finalist in the 2 little Euro cups. If the EPL was truly the best league in the world they should be dominating these cups.
Has the EPL ever had an all round great season like the serie A has this year? They’re on their way to having a finalist in all 3 cups. Incredible success!

So the relative strength of the EPL it isn’t very impressive is it? 1semi finalist in the 2 little Euro cups. If the EPL was truly the best league in the world they should be dominating these cups.
Has the EPL ever had an all round great season like the serie A has this year? They’re on their way to having a finalist in all 3 cups. Incredible success!
2019. Liverpool-Spurs CL final and Chelsea-Arsenal in Europa final.

4 years ago.

West Ham another team stinking up up so lethargic after giving it their all against us in the previous game.