Euro 2020 Fantasy Football

Captain Kane currently on 4...

Last chance: Who to captain today? Jota, Pau Torres, or Kimmich?

I think I am going to leave De Bruyne as my captain. Ronaldo or Lewandowski has to score twice to beat his score.

I'm tempted to gamble and go with Gosens. When he gets a clean sheet (for which the chances are quite high imo), then he has already matched KDB's output. And he might even provide an Assist or Goal...

I hate not having lineups though. Feels too risky.

There's me choosing between the Germans, should have captain Forsberg! Pau Torres not playing in a guaranteed clean sheet on the last day is very annoying. Praying Muller is fit or that's two 0s.

Netherlands - Czechia
Wales - Denmark

this bracket and me not having WC anymore means I'll probably have no choice but to load up on the Dutch before R16.

I'll happily watch the German game but there's absolutely no difference what happens as the ownership of Gnabry, Havertz and Gosens is close to 100% haha

Absolutely abysmal round.
I've become one of those borderline given up types I've never understood in the league game.

Still joint 3rd in my league quite improbably, but a ridiculous 42 points off 1st.

Some outrageous bad luck this week.

Mings dropped, Mount isolating. Belotti/Ukraine lads blanking. Dumfries off at half time in a cleany banker. Oh well.

Have Gosens, Havertz and Ronaldo tonight.

Have captained Gosens.

I had Gosens before it was cool. :(

This would have helped me had my MD2 not otherwise been so shit!

Also, aren't penalty saves just massively over-rewarded?

Dubravka shipped five and (literally) chucked one in and still gets only one less point than he would have gotten for a clean sheet. :lol:

Absolutely abysmal round.
I've become one of those borderline given up types I've never understood in the league game.
Having learned my lesson last week to do substitutions at the last minute, I waited until the lineups were revealed, was in there setting my subs when fecking MS Teams kicked off from work. Teams call ended. Match had started, too late for subs. So, I've got Havertz and Moreno sitting on the my bench. I've lost 4 points so far for not subbing in Moreno, I can't be too sussed about Pau Torres I wouldn't have subbed him in. To all Havertz owners, I can almost guarantee the haul of a lifetime to infuriate me.

Having learned my lesson last week to do substitutions at the last minute, I waited until the lineups were revealed, was in there setting my subs when fecking MS Teams kicked off from work. Teams call ended. Match had started, too late for subs. So, I've got Havertz and Moreno sitting on the my bench. I've lost 4 points so far for not subbing in Moreno, I can't be too sussed about Pau Torres I wouldn't have subbed him in. To all Havertz owners, I can almost guarantee the haul of a lifetime to infuriate me.

I was going to add Torres to my hard luck file, but saw he'd snaffled an assist from the bench, so can't really complain there.

Havertz would normally be a no brainer captain over Gosens, but as I switched De Bruyne, it feels like I need more than 6, which Gosens hopefully can provide with a cleany and 1 attacking return.

And that's why you don't captain a defender on the last day of the round.

I started this tournament with the "always back Ronaldo" rule. Followed it for 1 game, ditched him in the middle, and then didn't captain tonight.
Ho hum.

As above.
Happy I didn't ditch him at least, but painful having not captained him!

Havertz goal too - making Gosens an even sillier pick as captain.

I do not even have the star of my own country. Forsberg doing great. Happy for all you guys having him.

Still brilliant round for me with 82 points. I think the only guys that really let me down is the stars from last round in Dumfries and Gosens. Both with 1 points.

Ronaldo 5 goals and 3 from pens. Penaldo is showing the value of having pen takers and why Bruno sucks without them.

I started this tournament with the "always back Ronaldo" rule. Followed it for 1 game, ditched him in the middle, and then didn't captain tonight.
Ho hum.
Yup, we all broke the golden rule. I would’ve been ruined except for Forsberg, although I didn’t captain him

Ho hum.

Haha the classical going for fixtures over form and being fecked. Although it is not that Ronaldo has scored wonder goals. 3 pens and two tap ins haha.

I do not even have the star of my own country. Forsberg doing great. Happy for all you guys having him.

Still brilliant round for me with 82 points. I think the only guys that really let me down is the stars from last round in Dumfries and Gosens. Both with 1 points.

Ronaldo 5 goals and 3 from pens. Penaldo is showing the value of having pen takers and why Bruno sucks without them.

Yep, Bruno always looked massively overpriced in this game. Portugal are still 100% based on Ronaldo and rightly so.

So I've now burned my limitless and wildcard and have a mere 9 pt lead over a rival who still has the wildcard to use at some point during the knockouts :nervous: So basically I need to focus on the nations I'm almost certain will go through.

Anyone in the same boat and drafted their R16 lineup yet?

We do have a 50 point lead over 3rd place though, so if either of us fails to win from here we should give up fantasy for life.

Good news, bad news day.

Good news. Another clean sheet (Spain) and two goals for Lewa... 16 points.

Bad news. Forgot (work/busy) to change a player for a sub off the bench. Forgot 5pm deadline.

Feck feck feck.. come on Hungary.
Well being as Gosens and Kimmich (the players I meant to sub in) got 1 and 2, that turned out ok

#jammygit

So I've now burned my limitless and wildcard and have a mere 9 pt lead over a rival who still has the wildcard to use at some point during the knockouts :nervous: So basically I need to focus on the nations I'm almost certain will go through.

Anyone in the same boat and drafted their R16 lineup yet?

We do have a 50 point lead over 3rd place though, so if either of us fails to win from here we should give up fantasy for life.
But you get unlimited changes for this next round and can make some educated guesses at teams who will LIKELY get through? (Holland, Italy... Wales :) )

But you get unlimited changes for this next round and can make some educated guesses at teams who will LIKELY get through? (Holland, Italy... Wales :) )

Chances are whoever I load up with players from are going to go out!

The R16 does have 4 clear favourites (France, Italy, Spain, Holland) but then of those only Holland have an 'easy' draw for the QFs (sorry Wales...). Anyone without a wildcard left is is going to need a lot of luck to navigate this!

Chances are whoever I load up with players from are going to go out!

The R16 does have 4 clear favourites (France, Italy, Spain, Holland) but then of those only Holland have an 'easy' draw for the QFs (sorry Wales...). Anyone without a wildcard left is is going to need a lot of luck to navigate this!
And another 3 tfrs for last 8?

If you got 8 going thru and 3 more tfrs, you'll have a team. Still think using chips by now was better as could pick games with easier opponents. It'll all be fine

I've gone for:
Donnarumma
Spinazzola / Dumfries / Maehle / Gosens
Wijnaldum / Sarabia / Beradi
Benzema / Lukaku / Depay

Subs: Buschan (UKR GK) / Pavard / Forsberg / Yarmolenko

Captain choices: Spinazzola > Depay > Benzema > Yarmolenko.

Probably too much money in that Sweden v Ukraine game...

And another 3 tfrs for last 8?

If you got 8 going thru and 3 more tfrs, you'll have a team. Still think using chips by now was better as could pick games with easier opponents. It'll all be fine

Fingers crossed.

Just drafted the R16 lineup.

Donnarrumma/Stekelenburg
Spinazzola, Dumfries, Gosens, P.Torres, Maehle
Berardi, Wijnaldum, Havertz, KDB, Damsgaard
Ronaldo, Lukaku, G.Moreno

Loaded up on Dutch and Italians, but then it does become tricky on whether to pick players in the Belgium v Portugal game and Germany v England. Hard to ignore KDB+ Lukaku against that Portuguese defence but they could easily go out, and hard to omit Ronaldo when he averages a penalty a game. Don't really fancy our chances against the Germans so think I'll ignore any English players.

The one nation I'm missing which could come back to bite is France, but then their FBs are impossible to predict, their midfield don't get any goals, and it's impossible to know which of their forwards to pick...

Stekelenburg / Simon
Spinnazola / Maehle / Pavard / Dumfries / Danielson
Wijnaldum / Berardi / KDB / Grealish / Forsberg
Benzema / Depay / Immobile

Captains : Immobile>Depay>Benzema>Forsberg

I'm actually pretty bored of this already so knocked this up with little thought. It's the world club cup of Fantasy Football let's face it.

Stekelenburg Simon
Spinazzola Kimpembe Maehle Dumfries PTorres
Wijnaldum Sarabia Kdb Berardi Forsberg
Immobile Deepay Benzema

I managed to save wildcard and lead my group by 8 points.

This is just the first draft. Always uncomfortable leaving out Ronaldo, and I don't like the fact that I have 2CBs in Kimpembe and Torres.

Stekelenburg / Simon
Spinnazola / Maehle / Pavard / Dumfries / Danielson
Wijnaldum / Berardi / KDB / Grealish / Forsberg
Benzema / Depay / Immobile

Captains : Immobile>Depay>Benzema>Forsberg

I'm actually pretty bored of this already so knocked this up with little thought. It's the world club cup of Fantasy Football let's face it.

We're actually playing for real money on this in my work league when usually it's just pride, the stakes have never been so high!

Seems like there is a definite template of

Dutch/Italian/Spain GK
Spinazzola/Dumfries/Maehle
Wijnaldum/Berardi+KDB/Forsberg
Depay/Benzema

I didn't realise you could pick 4 players from a nation until the last post...definitely 4 Dutch then.

Very tempted to go without Belgium and Portugal - no WC so I feel I gotta go all in an bet on teams in expect to play at least two more matches.

We're actually playing for real money on this in my work league when usually it's just pride, the stakes have never been so high!

Seems like there is a definite template of

Dutch/Italian/Spain GK
Spinazzola/Dumfries/Maehle
Wijnaldum/Berardi+KDB/Forsberg
Depay/Benzema

I didn't realise you could pick 4 players from a nation until the last post...definitely 4 Dutch then.

That seems right.
Can't think of too many differentials, I might be a little brave and go for Ronaldo and Bale.

Very tempted to go without Belgium and Portugal - no WC so I feel I gotta go all in an bet on teams in expect to play at least two more matches.
That's how I went (local FF though). Belgium-France and Germany-Holland is what I decided on, it's either a top 3 finish if it happens or crash all the way down if Germany and Belgium already go out this next round.

Courtois
Dumfries Vertonghen Varane
De Bruyne Wijnaldum Havertz Berardi
Lukaku Depay Mbappe

It's difficult without a WC.
Just eliminate teams you don't think will make it to the last 4. Wales, Denmark, Czech, Sweden, Ukraine, Austria, Switzerland, Croatia.

The rest of the teams is where you'll have to live.