Erik ten Hag vs Sancho | Sancho back in full training

Status
Not open for further replies.
£60 million? From an Italian club? That's how you know it's bollocks.

They'll offer to take him on loan for 3 years, while paying 25% of his wages.

Juve couldnt afford to spend £6m let alone £60m. :lol:

Probably offer some dodgy 2 year loan deal.

"A view" doesn't sound like anything that is definite. If this is even true, they are just messing around, stating that number to get United interested and won't sign him after the loan at all. Or say "yeah well 60m would have been on the table if he would have played better, but the way it went we would be happy to keep him for 5m"

He needs to leave the club. This has gone on too long. He's shown the kind of character he is. There should be no way back, under this manager or any other.

The title of this thread annoys me. There's no "ETH vs Sancho"...I'm not even convinced by ETH but that's irrelevant, he's the manager and he should have complete and total authority here. Thankfully, it seems he does have it.

I take it Sancho is still getting paid? Don’t get how someone can be paid for not doing their job. If it was a normal job that we all do and we got suspended i highly doubt we still get paid.

I guess it would depend on why you were suspended. Sancho has "just" stated his opinion publicly. I'm no lawyer but that's probably not enough reason to freeze his salary. You could probably argue that his bad conduct is to detriment of his employer but I doubt that this is tangible enough if Sancho's party would sue the club. He's got the right of free speech, after all. So as long as he's not refusing to fulfill his part of the contract (training and matches), you can't do that. If anything, Sancho probably has a better chance suing United because it's their contractual duty to provide him with adequate training opportunities and that arguably means first team training.

Part of the manager's role is to get the best out of his players when things aren't going perfectly. Some players deserve a rollicking, others need an arm round. Fergie was a master at this. He knew which buttons to press with each player.

Surely, ETH's public ridiculing of Sancho was intended to get the best out of the player. It clearly failed spectacularly.

I think if the manager had his time again, he'd refrain from slating Sancho to the media.

Sancho's questionable attitude aside, ETH has failed to get the best out of his player on the training pitch or on the field. That can't be denied. He then loses his composure and slates his player publicly and the relationship is unsalvageable.

Horrendous man-management.

He must have some ego . The funny thing is if he said nothing he would have been playing in Antony’s absence or even still started ahead of Rashford lately because he’s been rubbish.

A loan deal, no money up front, no wages paid and an option to buy for 25m the year before his contract runs out. They'll then proceed to value him at 100m to make their accounts look good.

Or in 5 years they get docked 15 pts and we get to know where that 60mil came from

Part of the manager's role is to get the best out of his players when things aren't going perfectly. Some players deserve a rollicking, others need an arm round. Fergie was a master at this. He knew which buttons to press with each player.

Surely, ETH's public ridiculing of Sancho was intended to get the best out of the player. It clearly failed spectacularly.

I think if the manager had his time again, he'd refrain from slating Sancho to the media.

Sancho's questionable attitude aside, ETH has failed to get the best out of his player on the training pitch or on the field. That can't be denied. He then loses his composure and slates his player publicly and the relationship is unsalvageable.

Was it horrendous man management by City, Dortmund and England? After all, he had the same problems with all of those.

Maybe, just maybe, it is Sancho that is totally at fault.

Was it horrendous man management by City, Dortmund and England? After all, he had the same problems with all of those.

Maybe, just maybe, it is Sancho that is totally at fault.
Yes he is.

But nonetheless Dortmund got world class performances out of him despite these problems while United never did (and England also not really...). I would leave out City here because he was only there as a youth player and they decided they didn't want to try, which is respectable and doesn't mean that they couldn't.

And here we go.

He did not ridicule him.

Do you need a hug?

Public ridiculing?! He was pressed, by the press, at a presser, as to why Jadon wasn't selected and said - and I quote - "on his performance on the training, we didn't select him" , asked "was this a form of disciplinary?" He replied "No, you have to reach a level every day on Manchester United, and we can make choices in the front line, and yes so for this game he wasn't selected".

If that is 'public ridiculing' of a footballer, then we are truly doomed. The games' finished. Turn the lights out.

Public ridiculing?! He was pressed, by the press, at a presser, as to why Jadon wasn't selected and said - and I quote - "on his performance on the training, we didn't select him" , asked "was this a form of disciplinary?" He replied "No, you have to reach a level every day on Manchester United, and we can make choices in the front line, and yes so for this game he wasn't selected".

If that is 'public ridiculing' of a footballer, then we are truly doomed. The games' finished. Turn the lights out.
Amen.

Yep, not sure if people are just obtuse or deliberately misrepresenting what was actually said in the presser...

The idea that SAF would ever let Sancho in through the door makes me laugh.

I have no real interest in this stand off tbh, but as 2 grown arse men, I would hope the international break would give them both time to sit down and sort it out.

It's completely fine if he never plays for the first team again, but there is no benefit for this ongoing feud to continue.

:lol: Was thinking that. Like those broke money mismanaging fecks could cough up the funds for this deal.

Also, it'd be the highest transfer fee paid by a Serie A Club since Juve bought Cristiano Ronaldo in 2018. And the third highest of all time in Serie A. For a player who's been frozen out at Man Utd, and has done very little for the past two seasons. As if.

60m from Juve, yeah right. It will be a loan and couple of Fiats and a Ferrari bag.

Yep, not sure if people are just obtuse or deliberately misrepresenting what was actually said in the presser...
It is more of a "tell a lie a thousand times....".
Not sure about the press, but a bunch of posters here surely have been saying stuff like "ridiculing" or "manager called him lazy" rhetoric.

Also, it'd be the highest transfer fee paid by a Serie A Club since Juve bought Cristiano Ronaldo in 2018. And the third highest of all time in Serie A. For a player who's been frozen out at Man Utd, and has done very little for the past two seasons. As if.
Lukaku to Inter was more, I think?

He'd do well in Italy, though I also doubt Juve will be offering that.

He is going to be their Pogba replacement, which means they are going to sign him for free, after our 3 years loans to them paying half of his wage.

Fergie made sure anyone who spoke out against him or the team, or anyone who effed about would eventually find out.

Becks, Roy Keane are obvious examples. So was Pogba btw. I think RVN also didnt gel quite well with him and was shipped out. I'm sure there are other examples.

ETH is doing the right thing in my humble opinion. Respect the badge respect your coworkers respect your manager. Our players used to be scared shit of the manager. Now the managers are scared shit of the players. Eff them, ship them out get someone who wants to play for the team.

It'll be like the Andreas Pereira Lazio loan with an option to buy for 27m which everyone knew was never getting triggered.

If its an obligation.. sure.. thank you very much.. and also, he will do well in that league..
But I doubt Juve will spend that much

Fergie made sure anyone who spoke out against him or the team, or anyone who effed about would eventually find out.

Becks, Roy Keane are obvious examples. So was Pogba btw. I think RVN also didnt gel quite well with him and was shipped out. I'm sure there are other examples.

ETH is doing the right thing in my humble opinion. Respect the badge respect your coworkers respect your manager. Our players used to be scared shit of the manager. Now the managers are scared shit of the players. Eff them, ship them out get someone who wants to play for the team.
The difference is the fans, media and the club had full confidence and got behind the gaffer. He earned it.
ETH does not command the same respect/trust. But he should be, at least from the club side. Fans and media are fickle and change their tunes however it chooses them.

Lukaku to Inter was more, I think?

He'd do well in Italy, though I also doubt Juve will be offering that.

And a bunch of others too - that was one bad list I looked up. Apologies.

EDIT turns out that was a list of players who broke the Serie A transfer record. Embarrassing. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.