Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
The right decision I feel.

Legs go boys....get the Europa league in the bag :angel:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The cry babies will be out in full force but this was the right decision with the poor options available.
Only time will tell if it’s the right decision. He needs to hit the ground running in the new season or the pressure will be yuge

Tom Van Persie

No relation
My opinion of Ineos has immediately shot up, not because of this news but because for the first time, probably in as long as I can remember, there have been no leaks and the journos look like absolute tools. That guardian journo who started this stampede of click bait news and made up stories should be constantly referenced as the pits for all journalism.
Yeah the lack of leaks coming out of United right now is insane.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
My opinion of Ineos has immediately shot up, not because of this news but because for the first time, probably in as long as I can remember, there have been no leaks and the journos look like absolute tools. That guardian journo who started this stampede of click bait news and made up stories should be constantly referenced as the pits for all journalism.
I’m pretty sure we know about this because it’s been leaked?

leontas

Said in another thread that if he stayed they’d have to offer him a new contract.

Shambolic review but even though I was ETH out, I’m also okay with him staying given that we weren’t going for Tuchel or Poch.

We need to give him a whole new medical team and strength/conditioning coach to fix our players fitness and injuries.

Irwin99

Let's get behind the manager and hope these injury issues are solved and we can have a good season next year. Last year was a nightmare but the season before that was our second best points total in the post Fergie years (75 points is not that impressive but it's champions league most seasons) . And we've also won two trophies in consecutive seasons, the first time since Sir Alex.

Genuinely have no faith in him IF he persists in last years tactics but perhaps the board will dictate the style more and we can go back to being more solid. A new DM and a centre back could work wonders. Let's see how this goes.

city-puma

Unbelievable!
But at least ETH now has the opportunity to make the system work (whatever it is) under the right football structure (as we all hope).

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He's having a very rough time of it last I saw. Something to do with tweets when he was younger.

ifightdragons

Going to be fun looking back at this decision in 4 months, when we find out we still can't properly control games, or do anything but play on the counter.

chris123

Think he found a style of play those last few games, with a much narrower midfield sitting closer to the back 4. If he can build on that with some smart signings then this can still turn around, but we cannot go back to the kamikaze style he tried so desperately to implement.

Tarrou

so we were so unsure about him we spoke to other candidates whilst he was still in the job, but we're now giving him a new contract?

what

mu4c_20le

This fecking club :lol::lol: Keep rewarding mediocrity, I've already checked out of the 24/25 season
Nah it actually makes sense. The transfer window is looking messy already, we can't offload all his flops, this is going to be another transitional year.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I feel like it’s right for him to stay on. But Jesus have they handled this horribly.

Waynne

Correct decision.

The most important thing here is the new backroom staff and CEO setup need time to fix the mess of the last 10 years and you can't do that in 2 - 3 months. Ashworth and Berrada haven't even started yet.

Let these new guys cook all of next season.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Only time will tell if it’s the right decision. He needs to hit the ground running in the new season or the pressure will be yuge
Especially if Southgate does well in the euros - that would be a problem

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Then it’s to remove his veto. Various reasons why.
Where is the proof there is a contractual veto in his contract? Has any reliable journalist concretely stated that? What are the other various reasons?

pseudo_canadian

The cry babies will be out in full force but this was the right decision with the poor options available.
Yup, better than the alternatives. Hopefully he learns from his mistakes last season and INEOS & co keep him on tight leash. There needs to be accountability if next season starts to go sideways.

Von Mistelroum

Imagine getting a shiny new contract for finishing 8th with Manchester United! Mind bending. If you'd said that 20 years ago...

Wonder how much it'll cost us to pay him off in a few months when he continues to be rubbish.

kjf

Extending his contract makes sense if he's staying. You can't have a manager on the last year of his contract going into a new season at a club like Man Utd. If you think the media circus has been bad during the "season review" then it will be more never-ending speculation throughout the season. It's not healthy.
Also, convincing players to sign and do as they're told by a manager in his last year is a recipe for disaster.

If we are still getting battered in league game to league game in the first 5-10 games, he will be under serious pressure.

Huge gamble from INEOS. Think they’ve fecked it by not sacking and rewarding gross negligence but hopefully ETH proves us wrong.

lysglimt

Scout
I was opposed to him staying - but after hearing the alternatives, I almost wanted him to stay.