Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Denis79

This dilly-dallying is unprofessional. You would think that the Glazers are still in charge.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
They're doing mock trials aren't they like they do in Suits
The equivalent of Mike not knowing about the square pizzas will be Brailsford getting caught out about not knowing Wings is the go to hub for Chinese food

Stig

I think that next season will be one of rebuilding. It will the first step in a five year rebuilding plan. Obviously progress won't be linear, there will be set backs, but hopefully in a short five years we can look forward to a solid squad with a good organizational structure to support it.

Rolaholic

I think that next season will be one of rebuilding. It will the first step in a five year rebuilding plan. Obviously progress won't be linear, there will be set backs, but hopefully in a short five years we can look forward to a solid squad with a good organizational structure to support it.
Where does that leave the manager on that timeline? He needs 7 years to get us back to being serious challengers again?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Could you possibly let us know who these people are? Not everyone knows who all the prats on twatter are!
There was a tweet above which was deleted. He is Stefan Borson. Used to work for City as a legal/financial advisor and is close with Berrarda apparently, he follows him.

sparx99

It could work, but they've also quite clearly briefed the entire media that they were starting some Apprentice-style deliberation process immediately after the FA Cup.

Which the more I think about it the more fecking pathetic and small time it seems. Whether you back or sack Ten Hag that decision should have been made long before the FA Cup.

Announcing to the entire media you're going to review his performance is so demeaning. I'd tell them to feck off if I was him.
They didn’t say that though. They said they were reviewing the entirety of the season including why we had lots of injuries for example. That’s a much broader thing than just assessing the manager and more a deep dive into how the club is being run.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
There was a tweet above which was deleted. He is Stefan Borson. Used to work for City as a legal/financial advisor and is close with Berrarda apparently, he follows him.
Is the implication here that he knows what's happening but went too soon and Berrarda's told him to delete the tweet or that it was just a load of nonsense?

Last edited:

TrebleChamp99

Incorrectly predicted ten Hag’s departure
Twitter rife with rumours tonight he's gone and announce is tomorrow.

I think based off that guy Berrada knows have to say his climb down was not convincing. I still think Is nothing until next week.

NLunited

Did you watch the last half year/last couple of months at Ajax?

From a Dutch newspaper after his last home game at Ajax (translated with google):

Finally the offensive carousel turned smoothly again, boosted by a goal from crowd favorite Nicolás Tagliafico in the eighteenth minute. Ajax played against Heerenveen with the flair of a champion and that was necessary even after weeks of doom and gloom.

There were extenuating circumstances, such as a long list of injuries and the mental blow that Benfica dealt in the eighth finals of the Champions League. But still; For the strong and expensive selection that Ten Hag has at its disposal, it was sometimes embarrassing what the Amsterdam team showed.
Wow they had a dip. Injuries and a disappointing result against Benfica will. certainly have something to do with it.

As a whole the season was on par with others and better in some respects.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
What nonsense is this?
Look, it couldn't be any clearer unless you're being intentionally obtuse.

Blanc puts on a bald cap and pretends to be Ten Hag, and Brailsford puts on a wig and pretends to be Sir Jim. And then they shout at each other for hours in vigorous debate until one of them concedes due to boredom. And then the oil lathered shagging starts...

Blood Mage

I was resigned to him staying but I'm edging towards him being sacked this week now. Something needs to happen so we can move onto transfer business.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Look, it couldn't be any clearer unless you're being intentionally optuse.

Blanc puts on a bald cap and pretends to be Ten Hag, and Brailsford puts on a wig and pretends to be Sir Jim. And then they shout at each other for hours in vigorous debate until one of them concedes due to boredom. And then the oil lathered shagging starts...
Optuse. Or maybe Obtuse. Or maybe Opal Fruits. I’m not sure which.

Matthew1972

3 finals and 2 trophies in his first two years? Some of yous are fecking weird
Did you watch the team play?

Teams they beat to win a trophy in 2024: Newport County, Nottingham Forest, Liverpool (Extra Time), Coventry City (Penalties), Man City. Liverpool was fighting for the Premiere League and Europa League at the time. Man City had just won the Premiere League off a Quadruple the previous season, so they did not give their best.

Team finished 8th in the Premier League in 2024, their worst finish ever.
Team finished last in an easy Champions League draw.
Team had a negative goal differental for the first time in 34 years.

I'll admit they did well in 2023, but if you watched them play this season, they LOOKED HORRIBLE. Name the best three results of their PL season and then simmer on that. They struggled against bottom table teams. They were a joke. No one was afraid of them.

DSG

In response to this post, which I see was quoted but I couldn't find:

Yep, INEOS cannot be trusted at the moment.

They will carry out a review, then I bet you they will all go on holiday.

Instead, a well run club who wants to show that its different from the old regime should:

1. Make a decision on the manage
2. Start on key deals, CB, CM, ST and have them in before pre season.

Instead what will we do? nothing, we will fly to America with Lindelof and Martinez as our CB pairing with Maguire, Kambwala as back ups. Then go into the season wondering why we leak goals, go into the market panic and sign Branthwaite for 80m and have him as backup to Licha.

(Formatting privileges are keyed off at the moment.)

What does "trusted" mean anyway? We've patiently waiting for progress over a decade now and we can wait another few days. INEOS will make a decision and we'll moan or celebrate appropriately, but there is zero chance that they will not make a decision on who the manager should be. As for key deals, it would be ideal to have everything done and dusted before flying off to America, but that's not the real world. Deals get done on the transfer day deadline all the time. It's a Hobbesian state of nature out there, mates.
Too lazy to bring up my post from a few days ago, but I essentially said the same.

There was a massive big up of talk by SJR and INEOS about “changing the culture”…

Dithering on major decisions for reasons of “consensus building”. Check.

Bloated executive suite. Check.

Late start in the transfer market because people had to go on holiday. Check.

Lack of investment infrastructure. Check.

I had high hopes that SJR would come in and shake the very trees. Hoping that a minority share with operational control would mean carte blanche to hire, fire and spend as he saw fit. Unfortunately, it seems as if the sacking of a manager and hiring of a manager requires a board vote and confirmation.

The start of INEOS looks like Glazers 2.0. Hope I’m wrong.

DSG

Why not 7 years? Nine?

Kind of a losers mentality if you ask me. When was the last time Real, Barca, Juventus, Bayern, PSG, hell, Liverpool ever talked about 5 years needing to be competitive?

Revan

Assumptionman
Interesting that people here seem to be convincing themselves that ETH could stay on without the club putting out some kind of media briefing. I don't think there is any way that happens.

He is going into the final year of his contract and if he is to stay on the back of so much speculation, without a new contract, it would just seem the board are looking for an opportunity to sack him in the next 12 months. If he is to stay, he will surely have to be given at least a 1 year extension, otherwise it seriously undermines his position. Plus after all this speculation, the club will need to let their usual mouthpieces know they're backing him to stay, if indeed he is staying.

I still think it's likely he goes and this radio silence is us trying to find his replacement. But if he does stay we can't take the stick your head in the sand approach and just let him continue without putting out some kind of media brief.
There are countless examples of managers going into the last year of their contract, and some being successful at it (Heynckes for example won the treble with Bayern in his last year of contract).

If the club wants to keep him for next year, hopefully they do not extend his contract, if he does well next season, then they can do so during the season or at the end of it. It would be madness extending it after just having the lowest finish in the history of EPL and breaking all negative records, but then, it is madness having him for next season too. Our club is proud of doing mad things.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT

Teams they beat to win a trophy in 2024: Newport County, Nottingham Forest, Liverpool (Extra Time), Coventry City (Penalties), Man City. Liverpool was fighting for the Premiere League and Europa League at the time. Man City had just won the Premiere League off a Quadruple the previous season, so they did not give their best.

I'll admit they did well in 2023, but if you watched them play this season, they LOOKED HORRIBLE. Name the best three results of their PL season and then simmer on that. They struggled against bottom table teams. They were a joke. No one was afraid of them.
Yet, still slightly more than 50% of us wants him to stay. Let that sink in. I just can't wrap that around the head, been trying for weeks.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Which is bad considering our fans don’t give managers over 2 years nowadays and want them gone despite winning 2 trophies in between the rebuilding years. If we had poch we may not win anything for 5 years. I’d rather we win the odd FA cup during a rebuilding period than go on another long trophy doubt. Which manager do you thinks getting 5 years with our impatient people?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

Let’s not make excuses up for Liverpool and city. Didn’t stop city winning the FA cup last year did it after winning the premier league. And let’s not pretend the FA cup is a rubbish trophy so Liverpool prioritised the league and Europa. They always had a better chance at winning the FA cup than the other 2.