Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Incredibly predictable? Really? I expected we'd win, but there's nothing to suggest we were going to score 7 and probably a good few more.

I'm glad I was able to enjoy it though! Feel like some are so far gone they can't even do that.

Aye, predictable would have been scraping through 1 or 2 nil after a dog shit performance. That is literally what I predicted.

If you can't enjoy your team winning 7 nil, then I don't know really... I get some despise ETH, but come on.

Incredibly predictable? Really? I expected we'd win, but there's nothing to suggest we were going to score 7 and probably a good few more.

I'm glad I was able to enjoy it though! Feel like some are so far gone they can't even do that.
Do you always criticize others when you enjoy something? :confused:

What are you on about? The likes of Guardiola and Mourinho thought the same way each season with regards to the league cup

I'm making a point that using the term springboard only applies early in a process, or early in the construction of a team. ETH should be at a point in his tenure when using that term is kind of redundant, as he's already won the FA Cup and League Cup.

I'm making a point that using the term springboard only applies early in a process, or early in the construction of a team. ETH should be at a point in his tenure when using that term is kind of redundant, as he's already won the FA Cup and League Cup.
No it doesn't. As I said, the likes of Mourinho and Guardiola valued winning the league cup half way through the season because of the mental boost it gave the squad if nothing else.

That isolated point I made had feck all to do with Ten Hag and how many years he's been in the role - but feel free to crowbar that narrative in all you want.

Nice to see some goals, some good performances.

Let's not forget though we saw similar this time last season before Palace brought us down to earth on the Saturday...

What are you on about? The likes of Guardiola and Mourinho thought the same way each season with regards to the league cup

Fergie used the FA Cup in 2004 and league Cup in 2006 as such. Some people just don't understand that sometimes you need to build a winning mentality amongst the squad before you can go for the bigger trophies, the league cup and the FA Cup are great for that.

Utd won't win the league this season, but the League Cup, Fa Cup and EL are all there for the taking to do build that winning mentality.

Fergie used the FA Cup in 2004 and league Cup in 2006 as such. Some people just don't understand that sometimes you need to build a winning mentality amongst the squad before you can go for the bigger trophies, the league cup and the FA Cup are great for that.

Utd won't win the league this season, but the League Cup, Fa Cup and EL are all there for the taking to do build that winning mentality.

Agree wholeheartedly.

Football is about winning.

No it doesn't. As I said, the likes of Mourinho and Guardiola valued winning the league cup half way through the season because of the mental boost it gave the squad if nothing else.

That isolated point I made had feck all to do with Ten Hag and how many years he's been in the role - but feel free to crowbar that narrative in all you want.

They were already challenging for/winning major honors. These cups mean little if we're not pushing onto bigger heights, that's all I'm saying. The FA Cup at the end of last season should technically be a springboard for this season. I'd much rather us push on in the league now, and develop a true identity on the pitch rather than another league/FA Cup.

They were already challenging for/winning major honors. These cups mean little if we're not pushing onto bigger heights, that's all I'm saying. The FA Cup at the end of last season should technically be a springboard. I'd much rather us push on in the league now, and develop a true identity on the pitch rather than another league/FA Cup.
The premise is that winning the league cup helps boost squad mentality. Thats irrespective of where the squad level is or how many years the manager has been in charge.

Ten Hag has won 2 cups in 2 years and has a decorated squad now - the point that I made was the narrative around him is completely made up. The initial post suggested he is not a Manchester United manager in part because he wants to win this cup. That is complete and utter stone cold bollocks.

2 good games in a row. Perhaps he can salvage his job?

Amad breaking through, Zirkzee being steady in the build-up, Mazraoui slotting in perfectly, Ugarte calming things in midfield and Rashford regaining confidence... The stars could be aligning in a manner that makes this pretty much a brand new team.

wasn't the first time posting nonsense to be fair.
You think I care so much because of a post I made a few days ago joined with a post today - after you came out with defensive posts against someone else?

And the icing on the cake is you think I'm the one posting nonsense?

Brilliant - but genuinely asking now, was that a hard watch for you?

Amad breaking through, Zirkzee being steady in the build-up, Mazraoui slotting in perfectly, Ugarte calming things in midfield and Rashford regaining confidence... The stars could be aligning in a manner that makes this pretty much a brand new team.
And Antony even looked like a footballer at times

You think I care so much because of a post I made a few days ago joined with a post today - after you came out with defensive posts against someone else?

And the icing on the cake is you think I'm the one posting nonsense?

Brilliant - but genuinely asking now, was that a hard watch for you?
:lol: Why would it be a hard watch for me? Only takes two seconds to see my posts in the match thread.

Stop obsessing over how others feel. Go enjoy the post match.

The next 3 games will be a true barometer of where we are at. Right now the positives I can take is he's made the right tactical tweaks to the team and his trust in Rashford is starting to show dividends. He's evidently handled the progression of Garnacho and Amad well too. Rotating minutes and maintaining chemistry whilst doing so.

The premise is that winning the league cup helps boost squad mentality. Thats irrespective of where the squad level is or how many years the manager has been in charge.

Ten Hag has won 2 cups in 2 years and has a decorated squad now - the point that I made was the narrative around him is completely made up. The initial post suggested he is not a Manchester United manager in part because he wants to win this cup. That is complete and utter stone cold bollocks.

That's fair enough, just reading the post now in question, it is bollocks. Of course a United manager should absolutely aspire to win every single competition we're in. I'd actually really like us to show our class in the Europa League particularly, and really win it in style. Along with a top four finish.

Last edited:
I never understand when fans try to dismiss any trophy. League cup or not I hope we win it and win as many trophies as possible.

That's fair enough, just reading the post now in question, it is bollocks. Of course a United manager should absolutely aspire to win every single competition we're in. I'd actually really like us to show our class in the Europa League and really win if in style. Along with a top four finish.
Yeah I agree mate. Said before but will just repeat that the next 3PL games is the truer test of where he's at for us.

The next 3 games will be a true barometer of where we are at. Right now the positives I can take is he's made the right tactical tweaks to the team and his trust in Rashford is starting to show dividends. He's evidently handled the progression of Garnacho and Amad well too. Rotating minutes and maintaining chemistry whilst doing so.

I think Garnacho's "problem" is that he's just an excellent bench option. His tenacity, speed, technique and ability to shoot with both legs makes him a nightmare for tired defenders. I have criticised Ten Hag for choosing Rashford, but it does make sense to me now. Especially with Rashy hopefully turning things around.

I think Garnacho's "problem" is that he's just an excellent bench option. His tenacity, speed, technique and ability to shoot with both legs makes him a nightmare for tired defenders. I have criticised Ten Hag for choosing Rashford, but it does make sense to me now. Especially with Rashy hopefully turning things around.
For me Rashford had never done poorly enough to warrant being dropped for Garnacho this season. I think its a fan preference thing and him being a victim of his form last season.
I think he's actually unfortunate not to have 2-3 assists this season before his brace vs Southampton.

Yeah I agree mate. Said before but will just repeat that the next 3PL games is the truer test of where he's at for us.

Here's hoping we turn the corner now. Looking at our bench tonight, there's heaps of talent and options in this squad now. We can't be showing up at Palace and putting in a disastrous display, no excuses now to not push on.

The team has been a bit low on confident especially in front of goal…so I thought it was clever to get as many first teamers onto the pitch, even with the score at 5-0.

Hopefully they can all take a bit of confidence from tonight into the weekend.

Gonna also credit him for selling Wan Bissaka and bringing in Maz. One of the best moves we’ve made post Sir Alex.
The issue of player acquisition has been solved by Ineos. We don't have that problem anymore.
Player salary also has been solved by Ineos. ( new players wage structure).

We just need a sustainable playing structure. Nothing else. And we will dominate football again.

We have money to burn.
Management that is able.
Academy churning out good players.
Even a new stadium coming up...

Just a sustained and scalable football is what is missing. We don't have a very big puzzle to solve. As Ralf said, you don't need glasses to see where the problem is.

While beating Barnsley is no big deal, we haven't always destroyed teams like this. Hopefully a sign of some things clicking.