Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Saw the pre-match presser and it amazes me that this man was able to fool not one but two football administrations. I can somewhat understand as Arnold and Murtogh were clowns; however I expected better from INEOS. He is such a charisma vacuum. Doesn't inspire any confidence and keeps talking about Mickey Mouse cups after he has been given players worth gbp 600m+.

"All leagues are important"....Jesus f-ing Christ!

Nothing about him screams a Manchester United manager. Hopefully, the plan is to sack him as soon as INEOS are able to sort out the background stuff. We are not going anywhere with this guy. And wins against S'ton, Barnsley and Twente isn't going to change that.
Is this a WUM? Even if I don't necessarily agree with moaning after a comfortable win, did you really thought this statement was the best to pick and have a moan about?

Every manager says all trophies are important. This isn't something exclusive to ETH. Did City also treat it as a "Micky mouse cup" when they won it for something like 4 or 5 years in a row?

Makes you wonder if some actually follow united or follow the manager and are here to support him to the hilt no matter what evidence backs the assertions that we're going nowhere fast under Ten Hag.

How can one claim to be a true united supporter and make such a clueless affirmation about our goals conceded in our worst season on record in the PL? It beggars belief
This happens with posters supporting every manager since Moyes, regardless how the team are performing or doing in the league. Ridiculous really

It really sinks in tonight as the likes of Villa are playing in the champions League while we take on Barnsley in the carabo cup.

How he kept his job for this I'll never know. Never again

Saw the pre-match presser and it amazes me that this man was able to fool not one but two football administrations. I can somewhat understand as Arnold and Murtogh were clowns; however I expected better from INEOS. He is such a charisma vacuum. Doesn't inspire any confidence and keeps talking about Mickey Mouse cups after he has been given players worth gbp 600m+.

Nothing about him screams a Manchester United manager. Hopefully, the plan is to sack him as soon as INEOS are able to sort out the background stuff. We are not going anywhere with this guy. And wins against S'ton, Barnsley and Twente isn't going to change that.
Touch grass.

The league cup was actually valued even by Pep and Mourinho back in the day.

The league cup was actually valued even by Pep and Mourinho back in the day.
Yes, but I felt like it was for very different reasons.

Pep needed to keep 100m pound bench warmers happy, so more games, the better.

Mourinho made it clear that he viewed the League cup as the springboard to bigger success right from his first stint at Chelsea.

ETH values the league cup because that seems to be his ceiling, especially with Arsenal well out of sight in the league now. So it's no longer a matter of just waiting for the Pep era to come to an end.

Tbf that's not too different from Klopp, who didn't care much about the league cup until he realised that with Pep around, that's his best hope for silverware and started going all out in it.

Yes, but I felt like it was for very different reasons.

Pep needed to keep 100m pound bench warmers happy, so more games, the better.

Mourinho made it clear that he viewed the League cup as the springboard to bigger success right from his first stint at Chelsea.

ETH values the league cup because that seems to be his ceiling, especially with Arsenal well out of sight in the league now. So it's no longer a matter of just waiting for the Pep era to come to an end.

Tbf that's not too different from Klopp, who didn't care much about the league cup until he realised that with Pep around, that's his best hope for silverware and started going all out in it.
Feel like you're just making up a narrative. The league cup is a good mental springboard into the tougher parts into the system and ten hag knows we should be competing to a good level in all competitions we are involved in. It's that simple.

Feel like you're just making up a narrative. The league cup is a good mental springboard into the tougher parts into the system and ten hag knows we should be competing to a good level in all competitions we are involved in. It's that simple.

It's a mental springboard early on into the "process". At this point in ETH's tenure he's had his springboard, now it's time to push on.

I'd rather win any competition we are in, than lose because we think we are above it.

Hopefully if we can keep the squad fitter than last season we can do more rotations like this throughout the season, especially as the overall squad has a bit better depth now, although LB still being an issue.

He can know it all he wants. Hasn't shown himself to be capable of it here. That's hardly a made up narrative.

It's a mental springboard early on into the "process". At this point in ETH's tenure he's had his springboard, now it's time to push on.
But the point here is that he said it's important, as if he had the option (realistically) to say that he doesn't care about it. It's nonsense criticism.

I just wish he'd have given Wheatley a run out.

5-0 up against Barnsley... best bring Bruno on.

Great win, incredibly predictable though. I have a feeling our next set of games will go exactly as we expect them too also. Not really much to say on tonight's game other than an emphatic win from a side that have a lot more firepower than the other.

Ten Hag repeatedly said he needs to bring players up to full fitness, so it’s understandable he brings players he’ll rely on for the rest of the season

Whilst I’d like to see more youth players, I think this is fair enough.

Wheatley is probably our 5th choice striker and we only play one. I doubt he’s ever going to get minutes ahead of Zirkzee, Hojlund, Rashford or false 9 Bruno.

I said "I don't remember the last time Utd won 7-0."

My daughter says, "I remember the last time they lost 7-0"

"Oh Yeah smart arse, well Santa isn't real, now feck off to bed"

Great win, incredibly predictable though. I have a feeling our next set of games will go exactly as we expect them too also. Not really much to say on tonight's game other than an emphatic win from a side that have a lot more firepower than the other.

Incredibly predictable? Really? I expected we'd win, but there's nothing to suggest we were going to score 7 and probably a good few more.

I'm glad I was able to enjoy it though! Feel like some are so far gone they can't even do that.

What are you on about? The likes of Guardiola and Mourinho thought the same way each season with regards to the league cup

Incredibly predictable? Really? I expected we'd win, but there's nothing to suggest we were going to score 7 and probably a good few more.

I'm glad I was able to enjoy it though! Feel like some are so far gone they can't even do that.
Yep, feels like their hatred for ETH overshadows their love for the club so much that they can't even enjoy a big win just because it's under ETH.