Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wheres all the people that said were on this run because we’ve played no one good? All hiding I suppose.

Wheres all the people that said were on this run because we’ve played no one good? All hiding I suppose.

The true test will now move to the arsenal game now, even as we dispatched all the main threats this season already

But, but I thought we had only beat Charlton, Everton and Bournemouth?

Give this man the world!

The true test will now move to the arsenal game now, even as we dispatched all the main threats this season already
We’ve already done them this season but yes I agree. They’ve got stronger since then but so have we. Think it will be a lot tougher than todays game. They’ll likely have more then 1 shot on target for starters :lol:

Looked that way. The tactics worked. In the first half, even with an unfit Martial, Bruno & Eriksen were finding space and time on the ball to play Rashford in-behind. This kept both Walker and Cancelo in check. We also showed good anticipation when defending in our third, it wasn't just stand and stare with numbers behind the ball. Antony up front was a tactical mistake that allowed them to get the FBs centrally and move players forward, but our shape was good. Their only prayer was KdB who produced a wonderful assist. But we did the right changes without sacrificing our defensive cohesion.

The big thing for me is that today is very likely not how he wants us to play in the longer term. His goal will still be to be able to hold better possession in these games eventually and will target the signings to get us there with proper backing. I just hope we can get new owners that can enable this. To be able to still go out there and win with a different tactic than his ideal one is excellent.

I love this man. As I said when we signed him, I got a very good feeling about this.

If Brighton beat Liverpool we'll be 9 points ahead of them, who would've thought that at the start of the season?!

Really impressed with ETH, this guy has footballs for blood cells and got it spot on in the first half of todays game, tactically I thought our midfield was superb, worked very hard for each other and look a really strong unit now. Roll on Arsenal who we’ve already beaten this season. I seriously see us as title contenders if we can beat them.

glazers need to find him some money to get another midfielder in before the window is up

Give him Osimhen + Matheus Nunes and watch him cook. He’s doing more with less right now

We’ve already done them this season but yes I agree. They’ve got stronger since then but so have we. Think it will be a lot tougher than todays game. They’ll likely have more then 1 shot on target for starters :lol:

100% I think they will give us a better game :lol:

Indeed the difference is night and day. But he doesn't mind to play on the counter, Pep would have never done that. He reminds me of Sir Alex, he knew the limitation of the squad and when to rely on counter
Agree with this.

Guardiola actually contributed to City losing the game.

When the players are coming out and saying we are a team now, that tells you the difference ETH has made. To think some of us in support of ETH appointment had to justify this to some Utd fans who thought he was coming from farmers league!

Hope he stays for a long time and also sorts out youth teams out as that has been very neglected . Work hard, and success will follow.

The guy is smart as hell.

If the recruitment continues to be good, he’ll be the one to deliver the trophies.

Best signing since SAF’s retirement, bar none.

Love this man. Got his tactics spot on which proves his willingness to learn after that Etihad match (not that I ever doubted or questioned that). Get in!

We should be getting him Enzo, we can compete for the league this year!!

This is the thing. Arsenal lose tomorrow and the door opens ahead of our match with them. IF we take full advantage we have to surely get in a big player in Jan for me. Otherwise our owners don’t give a damn.

Agree with this.

Guardiola actually contributed to City losing the game.

Yeah I think people forget Pep will literally never allow another team to win the midfield. He’d rather just add numbers and take away from attack/defense to control possession because it goes against every philosophy he has to allow another team to have the ball.

It’s also why City can always been countered on though.

Transfers: Very close to being spot on, given the opportunities and budget.
Tactics: Bit of adjustment needed after the first two games. Close to perfect since then.
Discipline: Perfect.
Squad management: Perfect.
External communication: Very good. Says the right things, and has a funny accent.

He is just doing a phenomenal job.

This guy is the real deal. What a difference he's made to us in just half a season. If we can't win trophies with him guiding us then I honestly don't know how we'll ever win anything again

Makes the big calls and I love it

Imagine at the start of the season you would tell us Maguire, Martinez and Lindelof would be on the bench for Shaw at CB. Madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.