Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
McTominay in for Elanga wasn't a bad sub, quite smart actually since we needed another midfielder on. Not his fault that McTominay was crap though.

What exactly were his sub mistakes? We needed McT for his height, Eriksen was getting bypassed easily in midfield , so brought Fred and Elanga was shit. Not his problem that Casemiro decided to play a blinder today.

Some people love to exaggerate things. We played like crap today and didn't deserve 3 points but feck it, that's how the game works!!

Was fine, it's more of a squad issue. Our depth options aren't so good. Going from Eriksen to Fred is pretty much giving up any on the ball intent.

His only mistake is not subbing the useless tree upfront masquerading as striker for another attacking player.

I’d love to know what alternatives subs our backseat managers would have made?

That’s our worst bench of the season. Desperate lack of quality. McT was brought on to give us some height for the inevitable aerial assault and Fred was an inch away from sealing the game for us.
Ones that don’t make us considerably worse. Ones that don’t see a midfielder playing out wide when we have a winger sitting on the bench.

We ceded any control of the match to have McTominay defend the set pieces that we conceded as a result of stopping trying to play football.

That’s our worst bench of the season. Desperate lack of quality. McT was brought on to give us some height for the inevitable aerial assault and Fred was an inch away from sealing the game for us.

You think that acting like a twat is the way to go?

Was fine, it's more of a squad issue. Our depth options aren't so good. Going from Eriksen to Fred is pretty much giving up any on the ball intent.
Exactly. It's a squad issue. We were less intense and Westham were winning all of the second balls and individual duels. Bringing on Fred was the right move.

Anyone with anything negative to say can do one.
This is the same shit people said when there were criticisms of Solskjaer. You don’t improve by putting your fingers in your ears and pretending everything is fine. He’s doing great, I like him, he has us fighting but not everything he does is perfect and that was a shit show in the second half.

Like 99.9% of what he is doing…..

but I do worry about his tendency to shut up shop on 70 mins and cling on to what we have.

lucky to get away with all 3 points today.

Westham are always a difficult team for us. Add in the changes to the starting lineup and you have a disjointed team in front of you

Nothing wrong with what he did in the end.. were not city yet, and west ham were expected to work hard and push forward. I'm actually surprised we dominated them for most of the game.

Playing with fire here, those subs and us hanging to the goal posts will back fire. We were under intense pressure and if not by world class saves from De Gea the game would have slipped from us.

Is clear neither McTominay nor Fred are good enough, any midfield injury or suspension and we're in big trouble.

Ones that don’t make us considerably worse. Ones that don’t see a midfielder playing out wide when we have a winger sitting on the bench.

We ceded any control of the match to have McTominay defend the set pieces that we conceded as a result of stopping trying to play football.
You think that acting like a twat is the way to go?

:lol: The fact that neither of you even tried to answer the question speaks volumes.

In general, very poor game management today. Disappointed he fell for the pressure of starting Ronaldo, not even subbing him when he was fecking shite and we had no control of the game. Walking off, refusing to play has now resulted in two full 90 minutes despite being absolute shite in both games. Ronaldo knew exactly what he did walking off, refusing to play. Weak management.

I think the subs were superb in the sense that ten Hag will realise sooner rather than later that you can't rely on certain players to both maintain composure in possession as well as maintain a defensive discipline, when trying to manage the game.

I think he's giving certain players plenty of rope and I feel performances like these will expose personnel weaknesses that will help him make better decisions moving forward.

That’s our worst bench of the season. Desperate lack of quality. Elanga had to be taken off because the game was passing him by and Eriksen seemed to hit a wall. McT was brought on to give us some height for the inevitable aerial assault and Fred was an inch away from sealing the game for us.

What I don't understand, people are talking like we got a serious bench to work from. We down to bare bones. Options are limited.

If they are asking for the kids to come on to attack against a big strong team who coming on strong they haven't a clue.

- Elanga should have gone off for another wide player joy Mctominay
- Elanga should not have started
- Ronaldo should have gone off

Still, he's done a great job thus far.

This is the same shit people said when there were criticisms of Solskjaer. You don’t improve by putting your fingers in your ears and pretending everything is fine. He’s doing great, I like him, he has us fighting but not everything he does is perfect and that was a shit show in the second half.

Pure nonsense. I am not interested in talking about Ole. But we are showing actual patterns of play and playing on the front foot match after match under this new manager despite our extremely flawed squad. Never mind the results.

Trust me, the way we lost control at the end of 2nd half was not what we wanted and this was totally not the standard we want. There are still works to be done. But I thank you all for your massive support. Old Trafford was literally roaring today.

We’re fine, it's more of a squad issue. Our depth options aren't so good. Going from Eriksen to Fred is pretty much giving up any on the ball intent.

That’s the reality, unfortunately. With Sancho playing some of his worst football of his career we could really do without losing both Martial and Anthony at once. Then Elanga playing incredibly badly killed us, in terms of being able to make any positive changes.

I think the subs were superb in the sense that ten Hag will realise sooner rather than later that you can't rely on certain players to both maintain composure in possession as well as maintain a defensive discipline, when trying to manage the game.

I think he's giving certain players plenty of rope and I feel performances like these will expose personnel weaknesses that will help him make better decisions moving forward.

Left 37 year old Ronaldo for his 2nd 90 mins of the week, Rashford looked tired from around 70mins. Fred was our only outlet for counters even though he was in midfield. EtH could have done better.

Anyone with anything negative to say can do one.

Its tiring. Fred scores that header then these posts don’t exist. We meant to play Erikson for 90mins? Elanga was drowning out there.

He’s probably counting the days until the January window opens and he can hopefully buy a half decent striker to finish chances.

By the 70th minute mark today with a half decent striker, we would have been at least 2-0 up and just seeing the game out.

:lol: The fact that neither of you even tried to answer the question speaks volumes.

He changed the shape of the team and didn't use the wide players that were actually on the bench, it prevented us from doing anything on the counter and his changes didn't even allow us to control the game or limit the amount of chances that West Ham were creating.

And the initialy lack of response is due to your attitude, it doesn't really convince anyone to engage conversation with you.

Pure nonsense. I am not interested in talking about Ole. But we are showing actual patterns of play and playing on the front foot match after match under this new manager despite our extremely flawed squad. Never mind the results.
I appreciate your thoughts and the way you try to squander the discontent. But I understand today was not perfect and our fans have the right to feel displeased. We will continue to work hard and reduce the moments like today's 2nd half.

He changed the shape of the team and didn't use the wide players that were actually on the bench, it prevented us from doing anything on the counter and his changes didn't even allow us to control the game or limit the amount of chances that West Ham were creating.

And the initialy lack of response is due to your attitude, it doesn't really convince anyone to engage conversation with you.

Neither does evading a direct question. Two posts into the discussion and you’re still doing it.

On a side note. Why so sensitive? Re-read the first of my posts you responded to. Your reaction to it is very thin-skinned.

Not too sure what subs he could have made. I thought they were the best he could do given the squad depth.

Sending Fred on is always quite endearing as he never stops trying: that part where he made a break from our defence with a great run and then booted it to their goalkeeper instead of across the pitch :lol:

Performance wise is was a bit of a step backwards and i'm sure he'll be aware of that.

Our attacking play still needs a lot of work compared to top sides. Decision making and ability to keep the ball is appalling at times.

How the feck did I not answer it? I thought you could put two and two together when I mentioned the winger sitting on the bench. The one that cost £70m. His name is Jadon Sancho.

Who appointed you the oracle on when a managers decisions can be critiqued? You obviously suffer from a very short memory because you’ve never been slow to complain before.

This isn’t an attack on Ten Hag. It’s critiquing his decisions. What is the fecking point of a football forum if we don’t do it?

Love his interviews. He knows his stuff, knows what he wants.

I'm seriously happy with him

Status
Not open for further replies.