Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
ETH does know that he can’t play that way every game. The problem is his other way of playing has been terrible and we have no idea if he can fix that. Frankly, sticking with him on the back of one FA cup final would be ridiculous. Whatever decision INEOS have made in their review should be stuck to. If they truly believe he can turn things around then they will choose to give him a go anyway.

Actively campaigning for INEOS to keep ETH, rather than trusting the new structure in place to use the their best judgement is actively harmful to the club. At least give Wilcox and Ashworth when he gets here a proper chance to do their job without external pressure possibly interfering with their judgment. I still don’t trust that ETH can really turn it around, but if that’s what they go with then I’ll hope for the best.

Safe to say the majority of matchgoers and fan channels are pushing for Erik to get another season

ETH does know that he can’t play that way every game. The problem is his other way of playing has been terrible and we have no idea if he can fix that. Frankly, sticking with him on the back of one FA cup final would be ridiculous. Whatever decision INEOS have made in their review should be stuck to. If they truly believe he can turn things around then they will choose to give him a go anyway.

Actively campaigning for INEOS to keep ETH, rather than trusting the new structure in place to use the their best judgement is actively harmful to the club. At least give Wilcox and Ashworth when he gets here a proper chance to do their job without external pressure possibly interfering with their judgment. I still don’t trust that ETH can really turn it around, but if that’s what they go with then I’ll hope for the best.

I think we can play more that way. If not very close to that. Don't forget we're not playing City every week. That approach to the game against a weaker opposition could look very good. It's City and their passing that make it look ultra defensive and deep.

I hope the the new management takes some sensible decisions

Yes.

We can but hope.

(Still, I refuse to believe that the final has had any meaningful impact on their decision. If that is the case, we're pretty much fecked. As in: bring back Woody, what's the difference?)

Yes.

We can but hope.

(Still, I refuse to believe that the final has had any meaningful impact on their decision. If that is the case, we're pretty much fecked. As in: bring back Woody, what's the difference?)

Yeah I don't want to believe it but when Luckhurst who is strong Utd source reports you do wonder if there is some truth to the article.

How long of not hearing anything do we go until we assume that Ten Hag stays?

Fully expecting very little tweets from journos for at least the next few days. Winter who is one of the best out there and was at Wembley on Saturday is convinced from the presser he will be going

I'd be shocked if he stayed to be honest
Sure but they're saying this review will take until the first week of June now.

So in that case, IDing and hiring a manager always takes a couple of weeks. Longer if he has a club. Longer still if he has a club like Newcastle who don't want to play ball. It's not going to be much later than that until they fly away on pre season. Thought for sure we'd know something a day or two after the final so it doesn't eat into the preparation for next season.

So in that case, IDing and hiring a manager always takes a couple of weeks. Longer if he has a club. Longer still if he has a club like Newcastle who don't want to play ball. It's not going to be much later than that until they fly away on pre season. Thought for sure we'd know something a day or two after the final so it doesn't eat into the preparation for next season.

Yeah I think we are in for a period of radio silence on Erik's future, so will also not hear much concrete on transfers either due to management limbo.

Well Simon Jordan still not impressed with ETH after a cup win. Basically if we are happy with being a cup team then fair enough, but we should be better than that.
United is about winning trophies. We should be trying to win every competition we are in, every season. You have to win to build the winning habit. That is what Erik is doing. Maybe next year we will lift the EL again. From there we can build towards a league, a CL or multiple trophy victories. Step by step, continuous improvement.

No surprise that the ex United bros who aren't clueless pundits all align with Carragher.

They said the review would take place the week after the cup final, which takes us to June. That's not news.

Also, the Euros are on until 14th July, which always puts a pause on pre-season activity. Our first friendly isn't until 15th July. That's a good seven weeks from now, and is plenty of time.

He shouldnt be having a public falling out with anyone regardless of how good or bad they are.

Preferably yes, but hardly any loss for us so far. Might have been tactical to out Sancho, but he probably didn't expect him to kick up a fuzz in public as a response. Ronaldo was all Ronaldo's doing. And he downplayed Case's absence.

I find the ex-pros and pundits whose opinions align with my own to be smart and worth listening to the most.

Yeah I think we are in for a period of radio silence on Erik's future, so will also not hear much concrete on transfers either due to management limbo.
I really hope in reality they're ahead of where they seem to be. You'd want the manager situation and final transfer targets sorted by the end of May.

United is about winning trophies. We should be trying to win every competition we are in, every season. You have to win to build the winning habit. That is what Erik is doing. Maybe next year we will lift the EL again. From there we can build towards a league, a CL or multiple trophy victories. Step by step, continuous improvement.

Well he could have fooled me .

Doesn't sound like him. "He done well to win it?"

It's the lack of source and I quickly tried to find any recent interview and there is nothing. Now maybe he just said that on TV or radio but I don't trust that tweet.

Also agreed. People get a bit carried away by that cup win forgetting our horrendous CL exit and the football we played during the season.

By getting carried away, what do you mean? I am yet to see a post that suggests we played amazing, on the contrary most seem to say we been awful all season.

He’s not really had the opportunity, has he?
And what about McKenna or any other upcoming manager? Do you only want the likes of Mou?
No but at a massive club like we are you expect someone with some sort of CV. We can’t afford to be taking bigger risks on not proven managers at the highest level.

Have you been hibernating for the last week?

No but I did watch United getting unceremoniously dumped at CL group stage and regularly manhandled in the league to finish at dizzy heights of eighth .

So forgive me for not buying whatever bullshit you are selling .

Top reds to turn on Cantona in 3, 2, 1…

Firstly, is this true?

The reason I doubt it's true, not that Eric doesn't say some barmy stuff, is that it suggests he hasn't watched us this season and I like to believe, although it's probably naive, that he watches us every week. The entire issue we have had is this was the season ETH decided to just go for the change from counter attacking/double pivot to the more offensive/high possession inverted midfield. Doing that with a fit squad would have been hard, doing it with injuries was mental.

Fergie wouldn't have bought him in the first place - but whatever.

If ETH has actually "fallen out" with Casemiro, fine - I support ETH there, because Casemiro is a player who should be moved on ASAP regardless.

Probably not....70m for a 30 yr old was obviously a risky decision though he was quite good the first year but his legs have gone this season at 32

Firstly, is this true?

The reason I doubt it's true, not that Eric doesn't say some barmy stuff, is that it suggests he hasn't watched us this season and I like to believe, although it's probably naive, that he watches us every week. The entire issue we have had is this was the season ETH decided to just go for the change from counter attacking/double pivot to the more offensive/high possession inverted midfield. Doing that with a fit squad would have been hard, doing it with injuries was mental.

It's the exact opposite isn't it. If this comment is true it suggests he actually did watch the dross EtH served us up with for most of the season.

If he was going to be sacked it would have been already done imo.

This delay is making me believe that they haven't made their minds up or are keeping him.

It's the exact opposite isn't it. If this comment is true it suggests he actually did watch the dross EtH served us up with for most of the season.
Where did Eric say it? Genuinely curious

Status
Not open for further replies.