Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've no issue with anyone who wants Ten Hag sacked based upon the performances and results this season. I am personally prepared to give him another season with the new structure in place because I do still like the way he handles the pressure of being the United manager and because it's clear the players actually are trying to play for him. They binned off several previous managers by this point and actively were trying to get them fired IMO.

This said, if INEOS bin him after the cup final (even if we win) and announce 2 days later that he has been sacked and an Inzaghi, Tuchel, Enrique, Ancelotti etc level manager was coming in, I would not exactly be heartbroken about it.

I disagree.

Maybe one or two like Pogba who had a toxic relationship with Mourinho by the end. But even Martial (Mourinho didn't favour him) was still professional and performing despite their issues. He scored 7 PL goals during Mourinho's final 10 PL games.

The players responded to losing 5-0 at Old Trafford vs Liverpool by beating Spurs 3-0 away in the next PL game. The players were even trying like crazy during the 4-1 loss vs Watford. VdB came on and had an impact. He scored and then set up a great chance for Ronaldo to get United back into the game. He missed. Maguire's red card was the final nail in the coffin, which Solskjaer mentioned on The Overlap. Went from 2-1 and battling back to a 4-1 loss with 10 men.

But let's say that you are right and the players have downed tools for other managers. That makes ten Hag look even worse. If the squad is fully behind him and the past 14 months are what they've produced, that simply shows that he's not good enough and that some of them need to be moved on also.

17 defeats in less than a season with a team behind you should get you sacked. We've been fortunate that it's not more. Brentford, Liverpool and Bournemouth should have been 3 defeats. We should have taken a single point from that 4 game winless run. 3 defeats and a draw vs Chelsea instead of 3 draws and a defeat. It's been really bad, yet could have been even worse.

I disagree.

Maybe one or two like Pogba who had a toxic relationship with Mourinho by the end. But even Martial (Mourinho didn't favour him) was still professional and performing despite their issues. He scored 7 PL goals during Mourinho's final 10 PL games.

The players responded to losing 5-0 at Old Trafford vs Liverpool by beating Spurs 3-0 away in the next PL game. The players were even trying like crazy during the 4-1 loss vs Watford. VdB came on and had an impact. He scored and then set up a great chance for Ronaldo to get United back into the game. He missed. Maguire's red card was the final nail in the coffin, which Solskjaer mentioned on The Overlap. Went from 2-1 and battling back to a 4-1 loss with 10 men.

But let's say that you are right and the players have downed tools for other managers. That makes ten Hag look even worse. If the squad is fully behind him and the past 14 months are what they've produced, that simply shows that he's not good enough and that some of them need to be moved on also.

17 defeats in less than a season with a team behind you should get you sacked. We've been fortunate that it's not more. Brentford, Liverpool and Bournemouth should have been 3 defeats. We should have taken a single point from that 4 game winless run. 3 defeats and a draw vs Chelsea instead of 3 draws and a defeat. It's been really bad, yet could have been even worse.

Pogba was one of our best performer during Mourinho final season. Do you remember that game against Newcastle where Pogba turned into a one man midfield and led a comeback win?

As you suggested players rarely down tools, they amy be demoralized or lack confidence but they don't do it on purpose and generally try.

Sounds wonderful, but I'll ask again - who?

The obvious answer is Zidane,however has never expressed that desire to manage here and seems to be ideal when team are ready to challenge which we win. I also like Inzaghi but doesn't seem to have any desire to leave Italy right now.

The obvious answer is Zidane,however has never expressed that desire to manage here and seems to be ideal when team are ready to challenge which we win. I also like Inzaghi but doesn't seem to have any desire to leave Italy right now.
Why is Zidane obvious? extremely limited experience as a manager, with a club who are massively dominant

Why is Zidane obvious? extremely limited experience as a manager, with a club who are massively dominant

Just because of the whole aura around him and we need someone who could immediately command respect of that dressing room

Good mix of proven manager that can command a dressing room at a huge club immediately, while also having the ability to work and be patient with younger players.

I value Zidane's time at Madrid far more than someone like De Zerbi who's managed more clubs but never anything close to our size and stature

Gwaaaaan Erik. They need to be held to account somehow, not be given a free hit.

Same as the chimps who claim standing up for yourself and calling out disrespect is ‘a bad look’

Bals is best

What are they supposed to account for in this case?

Agree, but thats not tactical

It is though. They made tactical changes. We made personnel changes. We then didn’t adjust our tactics to nullify their changes. There was a mental component for sure but we could have also adjusted tactically.

Gwaaaaan Erik. They need to be held to account somehow, not be given a free hit.

Same as the chimps who claim standing up for yourself and calling out disrespect is ‘a bad look’

Bals is best
You know, repeating this over and over only makes other people more likely to believe you guys are a cult.

Casemiro is definitely past his prime, AND HE STILL LOOKS BETTER THAN HALF THE TEAM.
This is probably the truth. When United play well he’s normally a massive part of the positive bits.

He’s done a lot wrong too but stuff like getting beaten for pace playing CB by a wingers 10 years younger than him I don’t blame on Cas at all.

Makes him look like a clown sure but the guy does his best despite some calling him lazy. I don’t really see the laziness I see teams targeting him defensively.

I think a big part is not really his fault. Teams kinda have worked him out when he’s isolated. The shape this season means he’s always exposed which again isn’t a players fault.

Barcelona at their peak even isolate Busquets you had joy on the break. When the compactness disappears (rarely happened granted) defensively Busquets never had the speed to chase runners.

I love the reaction from the media to this. They like to poke the bear, but when the bear bites back they're victims.

I actually think this is a strong move. If you're going to try and make me look dumb then you can do it from your living room.
He’s in a public position, accountable to millions of fans all over the world, at a club that heavily benefits from media attention. Critical coverage is the other side of the coin and comes with the territory. I don’t see how it makes him look strong if he can’t handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.