Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
keep him and sell half the squad instead, they are no loss

Keep : Shaw, Casemiro, McTominay (captain), AWB, Garnacho

Everyone else is fair game

If it was just about getting angry clicks he'd write an article with the headline 'ETH retains the trust of the Glazers amid board room chaos'. That'd really get fans frothing.

It's clear that Ineos want to replace the entire football department and ETH has now earned his way onto their sack list.

It’s confirmed false now.

I don’t think Sir Jim will do that. But tbf, we will find out soon enough if Sir Jim and Ineos are successful with their bid.

"Non, non, non! Le floopee floopee floo zee bol jambon a la carte!"

U wot mate?

"Espanol? Theh theh paella gazpacho Garnacho galactico Barca levero numero uno!"

Don't speak foreign, mate.
It would have to end with Zidane headbutting everyone, wouldn't it?

From today's Muppetiers video:

Pretty depressing scenes...

James looks very uncomfortable with the situation, difficult to comment on the scenario atm.
Narratives become set, loud voices get louder.
Opinions on the two games in the last week given. Pretty shit as we all know.

James gives opinions on the Newcastle game until around 8:00.

Leaks/Bias
The leaks coming out aren't new, acc to James.
Everything reported by media is old, it's been given weeks ago.
Are media waiting to release this sort of news for the right time?
Seems like this to James.
It's not a sudden "the players are turning on ETH" - it's more some concerns that have been voiced earlier.
A lot of players that came back after the summer were unfit
There was the idea that some players that ETH liked were let off the hook, whereas some others were treated more harshly.
Ironically, the players who got the extra work haven't been injured, and the players who were let off have been injured (like bruh wtf?)
Concerns about "overtraining" and lack of down time. NOT NEW NEWS.
Less tactical work.
Some of this isn't from players. Might not even be staff. Could be independent sources (?? idk how that works)
James believes it is a mistake to work like this. Other top coaches focus on tactical work. It's a cause of injuries and it is hurting us.
There is a perceived bias. Other players within the dressing room (not just Sancho) have seen this but they haven't stropped about it in the same manner.
James believes players brought in by ETH aren't good enough. (James being right for once??? goddamn world is changing)
Varane was actually ill for Wednesday. He was left out of the Manchester Derby for tactical reasons, and it wasn't understood by the dressing room.
Clear lack of communication between coaching and the dressing room.
Added to this, the players are too overworked to carry out the instructions anyway. So it's double jeopardy.

Has anybody ever come back from this point? huge speculation over their future to the point alternate names are now coming out in the news? surely just a matter of time this

The club get a lot wrong, infact its a circus but ETH was given a lot of money and those players are obviously his choice he’s worked with most of them. That’s his downfall the signings, which he didn’t have to make at Ajax btw are piss poor.
Ole had two major wobbles in his first full season, one where he was saved by two victories against Spurs and City and the other following one of the most toxic games i've ever seen at OT where we lost 2-0 at home to West Brom I think it was. I don't think i'd ever seen Old Trafford that aggressive before. We signed Bruno virtually straight after the game and he just about got us top 4.

ETH must know that if we are eliminated from the CL in the group stage he'll be out the door the next day

Shaw, Onana, Varane, Martinez, Lindelöf, Shaw, Mount, Garnacho, Højlund, Mainoo. The rest can go.

It certainly feels like the writing's on the wall. Dead man walking.

Let's see if there's a miracle to happen yet.

Rather get rid of most of the squad to be honest than lose ETH at this point.

If we keep sacking managers we will just keep being in the same old cycle.

Bin manager, suddenly Bruno and Rashford start doing miraculous things, everyone praises them and the manager. Then sooner or later those two will stop having the luck they have, goals and assists dry up and there play is exposed as being distinctively average, team turns to piss as we are reliant on them, they get the humph and it’s goodbye manager. Repeat.

They need someone to give them a good arse kicking and put them in check. Have the balls to drop them or move them on and let’s start a proper build. Because honestly I’ve never seen a United team with such a bunch of unlikable players. I’d rather let the kids try and suffer these defeats whilst they find their way than keep watching these useless overpaid primadonnas

I hope we don’t shift ETH not yet anyway.

Just pull the trigger you clowns. He's had enough time. Beating Fulham means nothing, we could play shit and win. You've given him all the backing in the world, where is the accountability? Just put us out of our misery and move on.

This is why Manchester United has been knocked off our own perch, fueled by fans mobs who can't see the forest for the trees and instead let the Glazers sit cozy destroying this club one sterling pound at a time.

From today's Muppetiers video:
feck me what a waste of time that must have been.

Honestly think I’d get a more insightful view of things at United from taking a dump on a typewriter and seeing what was produced.

INOS taking control could be months away though, as much as it should be their decision, the way things are going, the decision will need to be made much sooner.

0 chance that the Glazers sack ETH without Ineos' permission.

Amorim :lol: is this serious? United need a proven, strong name manager or else it will be the perpetual cycle of getting nowhere. Amorim isn't ready to take over a club of United's stature. He needs to prove himself before having the chance of managing a club like United. Winning the Portuguese league and a couple of cups isn't a good enough CV for a future United manager.

Just pull the trigger you clowns. He's had enough time. Beating Fulham means nothing, we could play shit and win. You've given him all the backing in the world, where is the accountability? Just put us out of our misery and move on.
This. Now its starting to feel like we will keep him just for keeping the manager sake. It’s obvious that he has dribbled his way out of Carrington. Imagine getting a manager that actually improves our players. Especially our younger ones, the ones who did cost around hundred million each…

That's a bizarre list! Shaw is a decent LB, AWB is a half-decent RB, Case is on the downward spiral, McTom is rubbish and Garnacho might turn out to be a good player in time, but currently seems to struggle unless coming off the bench.

I think the only two players I'd consider essential to keep would be Martinez and Hojlund (the latter because he'll be a top player in a couple of years and we'll look very stupid if we sell).

Amorim :lol: is this serious? United need a proven, strong name manager or else it will be the perpetual cycle of getting nowhere. Amorim isn't ready to take over a club of United's stature. He needs to prove himself before having the chance of managing a club like United. Winning the Portuguese league and a couple of cups isn't a good enough CV for a future United manager.

Yea this is what i fear. We need a proven manager this time.

He's done a good job overall at Sporting. Knocked Arsenal out of the EL last season, if I recall correctly. Bit of a downturn in their domestic league last year, despite the good EL run. But this season they are top and unbeaten. Definitely worth a try.
I did a bit of reading and tbh this guy sounds just like Jose v2. Anyway someone said that report has been confirmed fake?

I think Anorim is going to be a great coach but coming here and expecting him to operate under the current structure? It would derail his career. Same with De Zerbi. They're the type of coaches you bring in once you have the proper structure finely tuned to their needs.

While this is all well and good, if it's not Ineos' people driving this search, why the feck aren't they thinking about the club structure? If ETH is on thin ice, why the feck has Murtough not already fallen through it? It would be farcical of us to sack him, Murtough appoint someone else for the Ineos team to come in and have their view after. The sooner the get control of the footballing operations the better. Even if we lose to Luton, I don't want Murtough and co to be making any significant decisions.

Take this with a massive pinch of salt, but there was a poster in here about a week ago that said he or his friends bumped intimate Murtough at one of the games and he said the plan under Ineos is for him to work with somebody like Mitchell. So I don't think it's necessarily a given that he'd get sacked if they do come in.

If the players have downed tools then that is on the manager as the game last night had 7 ten hag players in it. And they were still shit. This is his team now with a few left overs, if he’d built a stronger mentally team those few left over would be insignificant or have to toe the line or be dropped. I’m sick of reading we’ve seen these players down tools before under previous managers when 75% of them wasn’t even here then.

I’m gutted how this year is going but the players brought in are just not good enough or were the wrong choice. It’s been said a million times but why the feck did we buy mount when we really needed a dm. It just seems insane to me, and then who the feck decided to give him the 7 shirt, there was obviously big plans for him from the manager and it just doesn’t seem right. The team being built is second rate.

It's just a rotting flesh of a club from top to bottom, although my heart goes out to the admin staff, groundkeepers and tour guides who have put their heart and soul into the club for decades and have witnessed the decline of the club over the last decade from the inside of the operation. Alan Lester, one of the club's tour guides, has been to every United match at Old Trafford (assume competitive matches only but maybe friendlies as well) since 1948 and has seen them all -- the Babes, the dross of the 1970s, the resurrection under Sir Alex and now this.

When players down tools, my instinct is to blame the players. They make a fortune and drive multiple Bentleys and have no excuses. But it's the manager who has to take the fall for the failure of players like Rashford who doesn't bother to track his runners, or Antony who refuses progress his game from his idiotic cut-left-and-take-a-hopeless-shot, or Martial who just can't be bothered with any of this any longer but is smart enough to keep his gob shut and collect his 240/week wage. Are the failings of any of them ETH's fault? Probably not. But it was ETH has cocked up his transfers with idiotic decisions like Antony and Mount, and even got it wrong on the question of whether to sell Fred or McTominay. So it's ETH who has to go, but I have no fukking clue who should be brought in.

I assume an international break is coming up again soon...probably not soon enough. All eyes will be on Old Trafford.

I think Anorim is going to be a great coach but coming here and expecting him to operate under the current structure? It would derail his career. Same with De Zerbi. They're the type of coaches you bring in once you have the proper structure finely tuned to their needs.

It does look likely that this structure will be changed soon enough though, it's only a temporary situation if Ratcliffe is going to buy into the club soon, as reported.

Murtough should get the sack before ETH anyway. Why is his job safe? Hire a proper sporting director and let's see if they can work with Ten Hag over the next two transfer windows.

Yea this is what i fear. We need a proven manager this time.
You also need a hard reset in your football structure. I'm afraid most managers would fail at United atm but I do believe Ten Hag inept management is making players alot worse than they really are.

Status
Not open for further replies.