Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was closed because one mod decided "for now" 77% was proof he ought not to be. Despite the fact it had decreasesd from 80 or something. Conveniently before the derby, too.

There's not been free speech on here for years now, mate.
Right so mods can just close threads because they don’t particularly agree with the discussion? Great stuff.

Or consider the more plausible option. He manages to get top four and we find ourselves in an identical situation a year from now while the likes of Spurs and Newcastle continue improving.

We won’t finish in the top 4, ETH is finished and just going game to game now. He won’t be our manager next season.

He’s a dead man walking who will survive with odd wins here and there because there is such a low at at Utd but there’s no way back.

Last edited:
In all honesty would we have been any more impotent upfront had we not spunked 70 million on an untested young striker and instead gone with garnacho on the wing and rashford as striker for the season? At least we could have given garnacho more playing time and had 70 million to spend on our hopeless midfield but then again ten hag did spunk 60 million on mount to play in midfield.....

Firmly in the Out camp now. Didn't expect us to win, but we literally look like an un-coached team.

We're almost a 1/3 of the season through and his favourites have stunk up the pitch all season. Sancho is completely right, if there are no consequences for these shambolic performances, why is he being singled out and dropped for a couple of bad training sessions.

The only one who's been found out is our board. The level of transfer support is shambolic.

With a serious board we'd have Kim from day one, not scrapping the bottom of the barrel with Evans.

How much more money should have been spent for it not to be a shambolic amount?

ETH has made Bruno and Rashford untouchable. So have some of the caf members. It's backfiring spectacularly.

They are so hot/cold it's unreal. You can't base a team around them because as has been demonstrated time and time again they have a purple patch and then it's radio silence for another 12/18 months. Given the contract we've given Rashford we're never going to be able to get rid. How he and the leadership haven't foreseen this I don't know.

I'm no longer with him. So so questionable.

Antony signing. Mount signing. Rashford and Bruno constantly on the field. Lindelof at LB today. Putting McT as the CDM, not realising he just can't play there.

Erikson, Mount, Bruno all on the pitch at once.

Refereeing decisions have been so questionable this season but it's no excuse. Look at Ange with spurs, actually playing football.

Truly an achievement how far backwards he's gone since last year. Since that carabao cup win we've been shambolic

Will the sack or keep poll be reopening?

It was closed because one mod decided "for now" 77% was proof he ought not to be. Despite the fact it had decreasesd from 80 or something. Conveniently before the derby, too.

There's not been free speech on here for years now, mate.
To be fair the poll was outdated, and most people dont bother to change their votes.

Should be a new referendum poll

Questionable decision making to say the least. Plays Evans and Maguire to help keep the ball, but decides to drop McT into midfield in the 2nd half. Keeps Bruno on the right despite it never working, takes off Hojlund our best threat...losing patience.

I just don't udnerstand what we were getting at with that summer strategy. Building for a formation straight out of a fifa videogame

I wanted him, but he’s looking down the barrel now. It’s by no means just him, but he will pay the price for such gutless displays.

I think he needs to go. Dont see any improvement and we are basically the same team since forever now

Let’s have it right we’ve been shit since Feb-March last season. Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea all having dreadful seasons really masked us getting a CL spot.

Thanks for the Caraboe but the tactics, style of play everything is fecking awful. Even when we win it’s dogshit football for 90 minutes.

Special mention to his signings as well. 400m blown on players not good enough or in Casemiro’s case too old.

Shite

He is just a spineless cnut, who picks on easy targets but lacks the balls to touch players like Rashford and Bruno. I am done with him and done with the season.

Thought he did a really good job in his 1st season, but this is pretty much impossible to defend. We went backwards so much that we landed where Ole left us and all that after spending shitload.

Out. Now. His persistence with Mctomminay, Rashford and Bruno, the undrop/sub/ables. He's a fraud.

Ange has Spurs playing better football than Man Utd have managed in ten years, and he is only in the job a few months. Our football structure is well and truly broken. Ten Hag will be sacked within the next year because we do not act with any urgency. He is shit. The club is shit. The players are shit. The owners are shit.

I think he's lost the dressing room...
Not sure he has yet. There is some level of effort, and the comebacks in recent weeks show they've not totally given up. I think he's just a poor manager. From recruitment to coaching to tactics it's all rubbish

To be fair the poll was outdated, and most people dont bother to change their votes.

Should be a new referendum poll
How is that poll outdated, yet for other managers we've had huge megathreads with people changing their votes over time?

What's that updated record versus top 8 or top 10 teams..... haven't seen it mentioned in a while. Can't be much better?

Still don't want him to go, im sticking to December to see. But regardless he is getting sacked. Even with injuries, 2 transfer windows he's absolutely pissed and has left us with still absolute bang average players.

ETH era is over. He isn't turning this with these players.

Get rid. He's ruining Maguire's win rate.

I think he's done but I'm fine with waiting till Xmas to see what happens when all the injured players come back (don't think anything will change) and hopefully give the new DoF a clean slate.

However, planning should be taking place right now to get him replaced, along with Bruno.

I can't wait for the next game where he picks the same players and we wonder why we're awful.

Still don't want him to go, im sticking to December to see. But regardless he is getting sacked. Even with injuries, 2 transfer windows he's absolutely pissed and has left us with still absolute bang average players.

ETH era is over.
Wake up, he's leading us to utter medicority.

If he gets sacked he can thank his calamitous transfers. The obvious need was more goals and yet he bizarrely prioritized everything other than goal scoring.

I would sack Erik tomorrow, there is no point have a coach who can't make the team or players better.

Insane decision making today. Could see what he was going for in the first half, but his changes were insane. I worry he doesn't know what he's doing and feels like he doesn't know where the players play when it's fecking obvious to everyone else. Bruno on the right and Mount in the middle? Stupid. Moving McTominay alongside Eriksen? Stupid. Madness. Absolute madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.