Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me remind you of this interview by ETH.

"The club has bought an unimaginable number of players in recent years who have not been good enough."

“Most purchases have been average – and at United average is not good enough".

Most of his signings are well below average.

I said "I don't like any of our signings & feel like we are self sabotaging ourselves with the signings like Mount, amrabat, Onana, Altay" in the summer and still think the same. There were people who thought Amrabat is an upgrade over Fred, Onana is a great purchase at 50m etc. Reality is we spent a fortune to make our squad worse.

If he made those signings then he should be held responsible. A Football Manager player would've made better signings than EtH.

Don't believe all 11 players (including 6 he brought in) decided to just 'give up' on him. More likely, the way he's set them up is at odds with the quality of players he has, or gets easily sussed out by the opponent for being so basic.

We are hardly creating anything here, not pressing, even our set pieces are crap. There are way too many issues to boil it down to 'players downing tools'.

Ten Hag himself isn't very good. Earlier some of you get those blinkers off the better.
Yeah I think this is it right here. I haven't seen any signs that he's lost the dressing room like Mourinho or Ole. More likely he's just an average coach who hasn't grasped the Premier League and who's been found out by his opponents.

Dead man walking at this point. I'm sad about it, but two of the players he signed have cost us that goal.

I don't want him to get sacked, but how long do you keep going with this.
Only manager who dropped star boy consistently is Rangnick.

Everyone else was not allowed to entertain the notion

"it's a process" - Alwyas here this and how it will take 3years and a reason we are failing as managers are sacked and then a new manager has a differnt philosophy with old philosophy players or it is the board.

Only two managers have realised this is nonsense i the last decade and neither of them is Ten Hag, sadly Mourinho was the wrong manaher and Ragnick just wasnt a manager.

The side needs open heart surgery. The first part of any process should be pretty obvious to a manager by now....there are still a crop of players that have let every manager down within 15months of them being here....that are still here and really shouldnt be.......Lindelof, Maguire, Fernandes, McTominay, Rashford, Martial, all have to go. I feel a little sorry for Ten Hag in that respect as majority of them did ok to well last year, but if we have a new manager they should be aware of this.

Ten Hag did well in his first season, but not exceptionally as made out, no better than Ole and not as well as Mourinho who actually did exceptionally well befor elosign the dressing room which in case was partly his fault.

Where Ten Hag hasnt done well and where for me he will fail ad lose his job...is in his recruitment of players

Last year wasnt good at the tim efor me. He signed two midfielders and even with oe free spent around £70m and they were both over 30. This wasmt a squad with a coupel of short term pieces missing from a winning squad it was a side needing open surgery as the previous manager he ignore to meet told him. He spent over £70m on someone in Antony far from the finished product. He made a decent squad depth signing maybe in Malacia and signed at a high price still an excellent signing in Martinez.....so he basically spent over £200m on one good long term first team signing.

And yes it may be too early to judge.....but this summer he spent nearly £50m on a keeper average between the sticks but good with his feet, a central midfielder that didnt fir what we needed he then spent another £50m on....even then Maddison is a better version and cost £20m less, he has loaned with a view to a permenent deal a journeyman midfielder and most importantly FAILED to sign a centre back leaving us with Lindelof playin gwiht what were bond to be inuries and bound to cost us points.....this summer is the same as lat year....Hoijlund is the only good long erm signing he has made in the window and he has again spent over £200m.

So essentally in two summer windows he has spent £400M and made two good signings.

Cant legislate for individual errors this squad of mediocrity is doing, that isnt the managers fault. Cant legislate in not knowing of the dowing tools players still in this squad......But he hasnt improved players bar Bissaka as made out, he hasnt improved the patterns of play and he has recruited badly and failed to recruit in one of the most imprtant areas and THAT is for me the main reason Ten Hag doesnt last the season

Never thought I would say that, but this guy is giving Frank de Boer a run for his money. No more Dutch experiments, please. We tried twice and it always ended up in a complete implosion. Feck that

This is the time to do it with 2 fulls weeks to try and get a grip on the situation.

He is doing a terrible job and shouldn’t have two more weeks with the players.

This is a tailspin that needs to be halted today.
We’ve been in this situation before with Ole and they gave him the full international break. They sacked him after a few heavy defeats.

We’ve been in this situation before with Ole and they gave him the full international break. They sacked him after a few heavy defeats.

Common sense needs to come into play at some stage. There hasn’t been a single good performance all season. There is nothing to be gained from another two weeks of his “preparation”

We have been outrun and outfought in every game and that is his biggest crime. If he can’t even get the physical preparation right, I doubt that “more time” is the answer.

Club needs to be more pro-active and some semblance of standards needs to return.

Don't forget that he has squandered successive transfer budgets on rubbish players. That will be his downfall.
It's shocking how they've been so poor and yet he continues to have authority over transfers. Of all his signings I struggle to see any other than Martinez who could be considered a success. Maybe to a lesser extent Casemiro and Eriksen, but they've both been too inconsistent for my liking.

Don't believe all 11 players (including 6 he brought in) decided to just 'give up' on him. More likely, the way he's set them up is at odds with the quality of players he has, or gets easily sussed out by the opponent for being so basic.

We are hardly creating anything here, not pressing, even our set pieces are crap. There are way too many issues to boil it down to 'players downing tools'.

Ten Hag himself isn't very good. Earlier some of you get those blinkers off the better.

The majority of the games lost this season have come from being tactically outdone maybe with exception to Arsenal. The decision to implement a new system has fallen on the managers face.

A new manager will do better if only because ETH's favourites will get culled.

Casemiro, Bruno, Onana, Rashford etc.
But they won’t. The next manager will also play Bruno and Rashford.

His recruitment has been somehow even worse than Van Gaal, Mourinho and Ole. I don't think you can even say Casemiro was a good signing. He gave us 4 months of service. The rest he's been shite or suspended.

Elite performance analyst entered the chat. This Lad supercedes our entire scouting network.

Common sense needs to come into play at some stage. There hasn’t been a single good performance all season. There is nothing to be gained from another two weeks of his “preparation”

We have been outrun and outfought in every game and that is his biggest crime. If he can’t even get the physical preparation right, I doubt that “more time” is the answer.

Club needs to be more pro-active and some semblance of standards needs to return.
You do realise we have the same owners? When have we ever been pro-active.

A new manager will do better if only because ETH's favourites will get culled.

Casemiro, Bruno, Onana, Rashford etc.
There isn’t a hope in hell a new manager will come in and drop them, particularly Rashford, or he’ll be a dead man walking straight away. Press will be on his back from the minute that happens.
It’s what is needed, but it ain’t gonna happen.

He needs to go. Leave everything aside. No manager has got us doing the simple things right. We never look like a functional football side and I really don't think he'll get us there either.

Making Bruno captain and trying to build a team round him...

Who could have predicted that might backfire :wenger:

This is worse than Moyes isn't it??
With hindsight when the dust settles and you all calm down, no. Ten Hag got us CL footy and won a trophy.

But right now - things are grim.

You do realise we have the same owners? When have we ever been pro-active.

I live in hope that even the most incompetent of numpties can learn, like a very basic AÍ:lol:

He needs to go. Leave everything aside. No manager has got us doing the simple things right. We never look like a functional football side and I really don't think he'll get us there either.
I don't get it. We did look good last year from World Cup to Carabao Cup. We've been bang average- terrible since. Whatever principles he trained into them, how have they completely disappeared. We did move well off/ on the ball during that spell, we did work hard, keep the ball and create chances. It wasn't perfect but it was progress. Where has all of that gone?

With hindsight when the dust settles and you all calm down, no. Ten Hag got us CL footy and won a trophy.

But right now - things are grim.

I'm talking about this season.

Now 13th in the league with Chelsea even winning now, our football is getting worse too.

We might give last season Chelsea a run for their money but we don't have their Tuchel points, so thank god for the 3 shite teams in the league

Whilst I get that a new manager should be given time, you should also show progress with each passing month. We have gone backwards since February.
6 months of going backwards with 200m spent in-between is a massive concern.
Also there's no proof Ten Hag will get better. He's succeeded in a league equivalent to that of the SPL. Nothing more. That could be his limit.

I knew after the forest game it was going to be bad, but Christ on a bike I never imagine it would be this bad.

feck me, this is up there with the dark days under Moyes, van gaal, RR, if not worse.

I really wanted it to work out but it's not happening. He's gotta go.

I'm talking about this season.
Yes I think so. Ten Hag has spent a fortune on players, Moyes had only brought in Fellaini I think?

Moyes would probably get more out of this bunch of players ironically. And he wouldn’t have spent 60 million on Onana.

I don't get it. We did look good last year from World Cup to Carabao Cup. We've been bang average- terrible since. Whatever principles he trained into them, how have they completely disappeared. We did move well off/ on the ball during that spell, we did work hard, keep the ball and create chances. It wasn't perfect but it was progress. Where has all of that gone?

It's bemusing, isn't it? Though we have looked decent since Antony and Garnacho came on.

He’s playing 4D chess by decreasing the club’s value and forcing Glazers’ hand in selling.

We weren’t that good. We just had a ridiculous run of ‘easy’ home games and it coincided with a spell where everything Rashford hit went in.

Status
Not open for further replies.