Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will wait until the season is over and we have nothing to play for and then sack him. Sack him now please, i cant take it anymore. He is simply not good enough and everyone knows it deep down. Clueless

Ole was tragic. Criticise ETH all you like, but trying to pretend Ole was anything other than terrible is hilarious. ETH managed more points than Ole ever did and actually won something. Even at that, his first season was only decent, nothing more. So, Ole's 'best' season, is even lesser than that. We also beat big sides under ETH last season.

In simple terms, Ole finished second. Twice. That is neither ‘tragic’, ‘terrible’ or levels below Ten Hag. And if you want to micro-analyse things like how many points equalled second place in a given year, you should also look at the goals scored. And we were not an embarrassment when we were playing City off the park back to back. Under Ten Hag we’re getting hit for sixes and sevens.

The guy is a fraud, and clearly, he’s fooled you too if you think he’s done a better job than Ole did, wherever you choose to rank Ole’s work.

He should 100% be doing better than he is this season and plenty of the blame for the awful start needs to lie with him.

But the biggest problems are still behind the scenes. At some point, we have to go all in on someone and there aren't a ton of top managers out there on the merry-go-round (especially when you filter it down to those who would actually want to walk into this mess). So stick with him for now.

Completely spat his dummy out at the end. Clearly pissed with some of the players whipping them off. That wont go down well with some of the players.

What about Postecoglou? Walked into an even bigger mess at Tottenham, lost their star striker without a replacement. Has them playing attacking, winning football.
Tottenham won't finish top 3 and win a cup this year. Troll better next time

If he continues this shit like McTominay on the right, Martial over Hoijund, Eriksen-Casemiro combo then I say sack. Hope he figures out soon as I am losing patience.

Keep. But zero excuses for this season. He got everything what he wanted and had one year of complete freedom to reshape squad. He either will have results or he needs to go. Simple as that.

The worrying thing is things slip very quickly after a result and performance like today. He needs to keep the squad on his side. If he can't motivate them and adapt to get us going and FAST, we really need to move on and replace before it's too late. We can't have another 21/22 season.

Maybe international week isn't the time to switch formations
This. It's the clearest sign yet of being clueless. You played one way last year and had decent success with it. Then all of a sudden in the summer, you say you want to play a totally different way and go as far as spending £55m on a player because apparently you wanted to play in said shape. Then you proceed to play in 3 different shapes in the first 5 games of the season. Where is the plan? Where is the consistency?

Sigh, I don't know anymore

If EtH leave it'll be rinse and repeat again

And then sack him after 6 months to bring de zebri. Then sack de zebri in another year and bring the next shiny toy. While glazers keep on laughing
Don’t forget, spend half a billion in the process for the managers to buy their players.

In simple terms, Ole finished second. Twice. That is neither ‘tragic’, ‘terrible’ or levels below Ten Hag. And if you want to micro-analyse things like how many points equalled second place in a given year, you should also look at the goals scored. And we were not an embarrassment when we were playing City off the park back to back. Under Ten Hag we’re getting hit for sixes and sevens.

The guy is a fraud, and clearly, he’s fooled you too if you think he’s done a better job than Ole did, wherever you choose to rank Ole’s work.

Ole was shite too. Simple as.

As I said, criticise ETH all you like. But Ole was a wasted 3 years for the club.

Always had my doubts with ETH, his tactical decisions and subs are often bizarre. I also still over a year later can't see how we trying toplay, there is no philosophy, we look like individuals. So are the players just too thick to follow the tactics (I lean to this thought to be honest as I think players like Rashford, Martial, Bruno all look uncoachable) or doesn't he have any? It took DeZerbi less than a month to implement his style on Brighton. The new Spurs manager has quickly built an identity there..

Hes lost me I dont see patterns of play emerging that fill me with any hope. We look clueless especially when out of possession.

Ole was tragic. Criticise ETH all you like, but trying to pretend Ole was anything other than terrible is hilarious. ETH managed more points than Ole ever did and actually won something. Even at that, his first season was only decent, nothing more. So, Ole's 'best' season, is even lesser than that. We also beat big sides under ETH last season.

last season we were extremely lucky that spurs, chelsea, liverpool were all underperformed and the draws for our domestic cups were laughably good. honestly i think even if we faced Villa away in the league cup we'd lose. we cant expect the same luck this season.

Blame the players or not....was clear from the start of the season something wasnt right.

Definitely keep.

Can’t keep pinning it all on the manager. There are fundamental issues with the team which require long term solutions. Even if it means finishing 8th-10th etc. Need to stick to a manager and build from there. Definitely want more of a structure to recruitment as can’t keep handing Ten Hag a free reign.

The man took us from 7th to 3rd with a trophy to boot. I still firmly back him
Well, he took us from 6th (not 7th) to 3rd. Before that season we were 2nd.

And now we are 12th.

And League Cup is like the shittiest trophy someone can win, with the only half decent team we had to defeat being Newcastle.

There’s a lot going on at the club right now. The Greenwood saga dragged on longer than it should, there are issues with Sancho and Antony, and a few outgoing transfers which fell through such as Maguire and McT which certainly don’t help morale. All of this against a backdrop of uncertainty with a protracted club sale.

No surprise results aren’t good.

I always wanted Nagelsmann. He’s gonna hit the big time at some club in his career.

One average stint at Bayern isn’t a reason to write him off. He went there a bit young and hopefully learned some lessons.

It wasnt average, it was good. He was still in the CL and top of the league.

We will wait until the season is over and we have nothing to play for and then sack him. Sack him now please, i cant take it anymore. He is simply not good enough and everyone knows it deep down. Clueless

And get who? Another flavour of the month?

I'd bet anyone now that if we got De Zerbi he'd bomb.

If he insists on keeping boy wonder Rashford despite his performances, he deserves all the shite he'll get.

Play Pellistri from the start and maybe even Mejbri instead of the Scottish fraud and we might see a change in the energy of the team.

Lisadro also hasn't been as good this season but we have no replacement with Shaw injured and Maguire being championship level.

Keep but if i was a betting man i would be betting on us not really going anywhere this season.

Still needs to see his full team available though.

What we are asking him to be is a once in a generational manager, because that is what it will take to beat city and liverpool, who have their own once in a generational managers, with Pep arguably being the greatest manager of all time. Do i think Ten has is as such? I would bet against it.

I said at half time looking at the scores - city will come back and win and that we would go on to lose. Gotten so used to it at this stage really, but i would at least give him time to see the team when everyone is fit. However i dont think he is once in a generation type manager.

Our best bet would be to clone ferguson at this rate and bring him back in his prime :lol: . I still go back to us hammering arsenal 8-2 with cleverly and anderson in MF. Great managers create great players, not the other way around.

Awful performance by him today. Wrong setup, wrong lineup, wrong and late subs. Did nothing to change anything during the game. 2/10 for him today.

ETH is no better than Ole.

Both got lucky with their league finishes due to other clubs having a meltdown.

Ole lost a final on penalties. ETH won a league club and only faced Newcastle.

How can you still think this after all the managers we’ve gone through? The only consistent is the shit show upstairs.

Because it is logical. Once the whistle goes at the beginning of a season, what happens on Saturday or on Monday to Friday on the training pitch has zero to do with Avram Glazer. It is the remit of the manager. If those upstairs assembled a group where you knew before the season started they were all a load of rubbish, then fair enough. However, if expectations were higher than what was actually delivered, then that is on the manager. I doubt Avram Glazer objects to Ten Hag teaching us to pass and move how De Zerbi has done.

He has two windows with massive spending (and no key players have to be sold), and still play like this.

His team need to show massive improvement in upcoming games. Otherwise,.. it's harder to be supportive of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.