Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

No other manager of a “big seven” Premier League club over the past decade has been allowed to lean so heavily on recruiting from former teams, or his own country, as Ten Hag. By contrast, those clubs cast their net far and wide in search of the best talent. That does not mean Ten Hag’s narrow policy will not reap dividends but it is an unusual approach and has the feel of a club putting all their eggs in one basket.

I call bollocks on that. Absolute drivel, trying to turn the media narrative to create negativity and pressure around ETH.

Klopp has signed way more players from Bundesliga clubs.

Not top 7, but Nuno signed half of Portugal for Wolves.

ETH has signed 3 players players directly from the Dutch League + some players he's worked with previously and a couple of them were last minute loan deals.

Yes and it looked like Barcelona would only accept a full transfer.
Ah, if that's correct can understand not going for him (although at least it would stop him from scoring against us - he always bloody seemed to :wenger:)

Guessing Jose or Conte would be the highest here?

Yeah, Jose got 95pts in his first season so definitely top of the pile. That post popped up on reddit and seems to be comparing ETH just to his current rivals.

The feck is between the manager and Sancho. Baffles me how Antony is so preferred.

Sancho is awful, even ETH can see that.

Yeah, Antony is amazing, talent you just can't drop in single game because he brings us so so much.

The feck is between the manager and Sancho. Baffles me how Antony is so preferred.

Antony is preferred over pretty much any player in the squad except Bruno and Rashford, manager's pet ever since he's signed him.

Yeah, Antony is amazing, talent you just can't drop in single game because he brings us so so much.

Antony is preferred over pretty much any player in the squad except Bruno and Rashford, manager's pet ever since he's signed him.
Antony does way more to try and affect a game. He at least works hard, never gives up and is capable of moments. He's just not an 80 mil player. Sancho does nothing and is gassed after 60 minutes, absolutely worthless player.

never gives up and is capable of moments.

Sancho is capable of more moments than him. Antony is a nothing player who is decent in recycling posession. Sancho is much bigger goal threat at least.

If he had some midfielders and attackers capable of keeping the ball under pressure and in tight spaces, we'd be on to something because the coaching is there.

We just cannot consistently pin teams back because when we play passes into the channels and through the lines with an opposition player on our player, we nearly always lose out because we have so many lightweights.

If he had some midfielders and attackers capable of keeping the ball under pressure and in tight spaces, we'd be on to something because the coaching is there.

We just cannot consistently pin teams back because when we play passes into the channels and through the lines with an opposition player on our player, we nearly always lose out because we have so many lightweights.
Yet more excuses.

The top half away record is unacceptable TBH

Not saying we should sack him, before everyone jumps all over me

What coaching?

Tough one because I bet he didn't imagine having Evans and Maguire playing CB at the end of the game. Still, we can't see out games and we look vulnerable all the time. Another away loss is not a good look.

Yet more excuses.
It's not an excuse because I blame ten Hag, and have done since his first transfer window. He bought the wrong players for the most part.

Outside of that big criticism I have of him, I see potential in his coaching.

His lack of progression with our style of play is a huge mark against him

Same old moments football

Piss poor performance against top 9 team yet again.

Set us up to not lose when Arsenal didn't look comfortable at the back and we barely had any shots on goal.

I'll give him until Christmas, if it's the same and our away form against the top 9 hasn't improved, I think we should be looking at De Zerbi.

we played exactly the same as last season as arsenal. No progress at all

It's not an excuse because I blame ten Hag, and have done since his first transfer window. He bought the wrong players for the most part.

Outside of that big criticism I have of him, I see potential in his coaching.
I don't even see potential in whatever you mean by coaching. It's been a shitshow this season.

We've gone backwards after league cup and the dismal performances have continued. We're worse off now than February last season.

What a stupid man. Who brings on Evans?
Our whole fecking defence is injured, who should he bring on, fecking Santa Claus? Bloody hell.

Btw, if you (as in talking to whole Caf) blame ETH for this mess of a game, you are off your rocker. Go watch your next flavor manager, De Zerbi then.

Give him one thing he’s consistent at losing big away games. Finds a way no matter what. Absolutely appalling record.

Away record is a shambles! Next game Brighton… they can easily put 4/5 past us.

It's just like last season. Good in moments then get nothing.

He needs to grow a pair and drop Bruno for big away games, he's useless

Status
Not open for further replies.