Eredivisie 2024/25

Out of curiosity, as I know his stepfather, how do Ajax fans rate Kristian Hlynson?

See he just scored and got a lot of game time last season...
He's very very poor. It's a bit like Davy Klaassen or Siem de Jong, hides a lot, always gets pushed of the ball, but somehow scores at the perfect time to not get forgotten.

Out of curiosity, as I know his stepfather, how do Ajax fans rate Kristian Hlynson?

Very underwhelming but I refuse to hold last season against anyone. Ask me again in 2025.

I'm so sad that Van Persie is coaching Heerenveen. Want them to lose every game yet can't bring myself to root against him. They looked alright today.

I quite like him! He a very fine technique and can score a goal.. However he also needs to learn better either how to avoid duels in midfield or to win them more often.. Plus I think he has a quite shy personality so he needs to play with his chest forward and be more present/dominant in possession. I do really think - unlike players like Klaassen/De Jong/vd Beek - that he has to playmaking skills, he just doesnt have the supporting characteristics I mention above to really play this role currently.

It he manages to work on the two mentioned points he can become a good player for Ajax, otherwise he will fade into mediocracy..

I see Feyenoord are doing a loan for an EPL winger again - well, wingback in this case: Hugo Bueno from Wolves. Is he any good?

But why would they do that anyway? Is Hartman or Geertruida leaving?

I see Feyenoord are doing a loan for an EPL winger again - well, wingback in this case: Hugo Bueno from Wolves. Is he any good?

Geertruida might be off to Vills

Ajax with one of the greatest shootouts ever.

Not quality wise, mind you.

Ajax with one of the greatest shootouts ever.

Not quality wise, mind you.
Was following it on twitter :lol:

If they lost would they have misplaced Brobbey do you think?

Mainly because Hartmann is out until the winter break at least still.. They also now loaned Ibrahim Osman from Brighton who did very well in Denmark, but didnt play any minute in the PL last season..

That Ajax penalty shoutout yesterday.. Holy crap..

Mainly because Hartmann is out until the winter break at least still.. They also now loaned Ibrahim Osman from Brighton who did very well in Denmark, but didnt play any minute in the PL last season..

That Ajax penalty shoutout yesterday.. Holy crap..
Fifth longest penalty shoot out in the history of the game. Bloody hell, my blood pressure.

Fifth longest penalty shoot out in the history of the game. Bloody hell, my blood pressure.

I just wanted to go to sleep at some point to be honest!

But damn.. Having to take the follow up penalty everytime was really nerve wrecking, the direct impact of every penalty on outcome..

Really happy for Gaaei! Taylor and Godts were also impressively cold during the shootouts imo.

On the game.. God damn how bad is Forbs.. Akpom was working his ass off and deserved a goal.. Berghuis is our best player by a mile, Godts should always play and Sutalo is making very big steps!

Having to take a second penalty must be one of the worst things in football. You think you've done your job and all pressure is gone and suddenly you have to do it all again. Even worse if you missed your first one!

Having to take a second penalty must be one of the worst things in football. You think you've done your job and all pressure is gone and suddenly you have to do it all again. Even worse if you missed your first one!
yeah, i was already a nervous wreck, as a viewer. Can't imagine how it must feel like a player

But also if you scored... The whole mind game of whether you are going for the same corner or not...

Very big squad, though preliminary.. Dont really miss names on there and dont think there are very weird names there..

I reckon for players like Summerville Taylor Hato and Van Hecke its mainly a signal they are on the right track, but dont expect them in the final squad already.

If Berghuis continous his current Ajax form he will be considered soon again..

Hoped though VVD and Weghorst would also stopper playing for the NT after the euros and hoping Memphis will stay away..

De Roon Blind and Wijnaldum have been told they wont be selected anymore..

I just wanted to go to sleep at some point to be honest!
We were watching it at the bar of our hotel and the bar closes at 23:00 but the bartender was nice enough to let us finish the shoot out and our drinks. :lol:

Very big squad, though preliminary.. Dont really miss names on there and dont think there are very weird names there..

I reckon for players like Summerville Taylor Hato and Van Hecke its mainly a signal they are on the right track, but dont expect them in the final squad already.

If Berghuis continous his current Ajax form he will be considered soon again..

Hoped though VVD and Weghorst would also stopper playing for the NT after the euros and hoping Memphis will stay away..

De Roon Blind and Wijnaldum have been told they wont be selected anymore..

Are the Netherlands the only country to do these preliminary squads? I've never really seen the point of it, although I guess it might be nice to know for some players that they're close. But Koeman could also just call them, no need to announce it publicly?

I'm interested in seeing what Koeman will do up top this time, now that Memphis is just completely absent. Time for the future!

Yeah, especially when you make a shush gesture to the hostile crowd after scoring the first one and then missing the deciding one 20 penalties later.

I think I’m in love… Seiya Maikuma £800k and what a player!

Outstanding again today.

Also Owusu-Oduro very solid.

I just want Addai to be given a chance soon!

Yeah, especially when you make a shush gesture to the hostile crowd after scoring the first one and then missing the deciding one 20 penalties later.
That was the only fun part of the torture called 34 penalties. Ok, and Gaaei scoring the winner.

@DutchSerb top of the league again. Are you lot mounting a title challenge now?!

Edit: ah wait, Fortuna are on top on gd.

Champions League football is the bare minimum I'd say.

But honestly I think some of these kids will earn a sweet transfer at the end of this season. Especially Schreuders and Thom van Bergen. It's still early days though and we only beat two nailed on relegation teams. Curious to see how their production holds up against better opposition, but I could see the traditional top 3 swoop in for Schreuders if he keeps this up, he's 19 and already easily our best player. I can see why he was hesitant to re-sign. He's probably the most fun player I've seen here since Tadic.

Avondje NAC :lol: I know they had a grueling European game midweek but Farioli smiling in front of the camera and saying the players gave it their all today is even worse than the loss I think. This team is just not good at all.

Any quality injections still on their way, Ajax fans? I'm so baffled by how they went downhill in such a short timespan. Is this still the Mislintat aftermath or are there other figures in house that should have no place at this club?

Avondje NAC :lol: I know they had a grueling European game midweek but Farioli smiling in front of the camera and saying the players gave it their all today is even worse than the loss I think. This team is just not good at all.

Any quality injections still on their way, Ajax fans? I'm so baffled by how they went downhill in such a short timespan. Is this still the Mislintat aftermath or are there other figures in house that should have no place at this club?
Smiling? I suppose there's a certain psychology behind the way he presents himself, but for Ajax, losing to one of the weakest promoted teams in years deserves some anger/frustration towards the performance I'd think...

Smiling? I suppose there's a certain psychology behind the way he presents himself, but for Ajax, losing to one of the weakest promoted teams in years deserves some anger/frustration towards the performance I'd think...

Yep there was a moment in the post match interview where he tried to remain positive, started smiling and reminiscing on how amazing the atmosphere was midweek, even though his team just laid an absolute egg.

Eh. They're coming off the realization that life is meaningless and makes no sense, cut them some slack :lol:

Why does Farioli field an entirely different team every week? Strikes me as a very weird modern type hipster trainer.

Why does Farioli field an entirely different team every week? Strikes me as a very weird modern type hipster trainer.
I think he was asked about it last week, and it was all about periodization and optimum fitness levels - which showed that whoever played then were the most suitable team at that moment in time.

I suppose he does also consider match needs and team cohesion and all those things that usually come first, but it did sound a little upside down in terms of selection logic...

I think he was asked about it last week, and it was all about periodization and optimum fitness levels - which showed that whoever played then were the most suitable team at that moment in time.

I suppose he does also consider match needs and team cohesion and all those things that usually come first, but it did sound a little upside down in terms of selection logic...
Yeah, I heard that too and while I understand you want to field fit players, football is a teamsport and cohesion and consistency seem far more important if ypu ask me.

He also wears suspiciously tight pants.

Yeah, I heard that too and while I understand you want to field fit players, football is a teamsport and cohesion and consistency seem far more important if ypu ask me.

He also wears suspiciously tight pants.
Oh. My. God.

Does he have any redeeming features?

Oh. My. God.

Does he have any redeeming features?

I want to say he has beautiful eyes, but he does that typical thing people with light colored eyes do where they stare at you so hard it feels like they're looking into your soul.

@KirkDuyt what level do you think Timber could play at?
At the moment he looks like he could achieve quite a lot, but he's still too nonchalant at times. Against Zwolle he had some absolutely brilliant dribbles or pieces of skill, but then also misplaces passes over 5 yards. He's as talented as his brother though I'd say.

Think this is his last season with us for sure.

At the moment he looks like he could achieve quite a lot, but he's still too nonchalant at times. Against Zwolle he had some absolutely brilliant dribbles or pieces of skill, but then also misplaces passes over 5 yards. He's as talented as his brother though I'd say.

Think this is his last season with us for sure.
Yeah I heard very good things about him last season. Would you class him more as a box to box ball carrier? I feel that’s what he’s matured into.

Yeah I heard very good things about him last season. Would you class him more as a box to box ball carrier? I feel that’s what he’s matured into.
Yeah he's a number 8 type midfielder. Great dribbler and becoming more of a goal threat as well. He needs to plan his dribbles a bit better at times though as he tends to lose the ball in dangerous places at times. That's actually how Lazio beat us in the CL last year.

Starting to panic.

With the current sqaud no chance of winning anything.

Starting to panic.

With the current sqaud no chance of winning anything.
You will still win most league matches on your midfield and attack alone, but Stewart is making it a bit last minute with shoring up the defence...

I'm so pissed we are already trailing you again because of that stupid draw against Willem 2.