Eredivisie 2024/25

Yuk, Lang. I don't really have any feelings toward PSV, but Noa Lang is such a fecking twat. Probably also because he vocally dislikes Feyenoord so much, but just everything about him is so fecking, for lack of a better word, cringe.

I agree Groningen and Willem 2 are nice clubs to be promoted. Just swap Almere with Roda JC or ADO Den Haag and we're good.

For some reason.. I like him..

I feel he is genuinely authentic, that there is zero to little act in his behavior.. Unlike Memphis for example, who I really don't like and feel is acting and aware of appearance and image in everything he does.. Lang is very self confident, but also very self critical and very open emotionally and about his struggles..

Plus he is an incredibly player.. A joy to watch..

I feel he is genuinely authentic, that there is zero to little act in his behavior.. Unlike Memphis for example, who I really don't like and feel is acting and aware of appearance and image in everything he does.. Lang is very self confident, but also very self critical and very open emotionally and about his struggles..

Oh come on, Lang is about as genuine and authentic as I was wearing Fubu shoes as a posh sub-urban white kid.

I think he's exactly like Memphis actually, but not as good.

Oh come on, Lang is about as genuine and authentic as I was wearing Fubu shoes as a posh sub-urban white kid.

I think he's exactly like Memphis actually, but not as good.

I see your point.. But somehow.. He sold himself to me in a way I bought a ticket on the liketrain..

Also because I once had a very long talk with a former (hint) team mate of his who was talking about him in a very warm and positive manner..

Page 2, whoohoo!!! :devil:
I see your point.. But somehow.. He sold himself to me in a way I bought a ticket on the liketrain..

Also because I once had a very long talk with a former (hint) team mate of his who was talking about him in a very warm and positive manner..
Now you gotta tell us who that was though - or at least give much clearer hints!

Btw, what are your (or also other Ajax fans') expectations for Farioli? What kind of style is he supposed to play and how long do you expect things to take before that really starts showing at Ajax? I'm sure I read about him when Ajax signed him, but right now all I can remember is that he was at Nice previously and that he's a total philosophy and football nerd...

Page 2, whoohoo!!! :devil:

Now you gotta tell us who that was though - or at least give much clearer hints!

Btw, what are your (or also other Ajax fans') expectations for Farioli? What kind of style is he supposed to play and how long do you expect things to take before that really starts showing at Ajax? I'm sure I read about him when Ajax signed him, but right now all I can remember is that he was at Nice previously and that he's a total philosophy and football nerd...

Haha you have to take the hint VERY literally and you'll get there..

I dont have much expectations to be honest, I'll just see what happens.. Ive heard he is all about high press and building up front the back.. (a De Zerbi adept, he was his assistent before), so that sound like music to my ears, but we'll see..

Haha you have to take the hint VERY literally and you'll get there..

I dont have much expectations to be honest, I'll just see what happens.. Ive heard he is all about high press and building up front the back.. (a De Zerbi adept, he was his assistent before), so that sound like music to my ears, but we'll see..
Ha! I'll raise you a Zulte then and think that means I got it.

That sounds like the right approach for Ajax at least, let's see how he fares!

I can follow largely what you say with some nuances..

I'd sell all of the mentioned ones.. Would be ok with keeping Manssverk and Gaaei as squad options for now..

Gaaei looked more up for it near the end of the season and saw him do well in pre season.. Also he looks like someone with the right attitude who will always give everything on and off the pitch.. You need such players in the team as well.. I'd be ok with keeping him as backup for Rensch, who you dont mention at all in your post, but I still have faith he can be a good player for us if he can stay fit and won't be used on a different position every other match, but can focus on right back.. So I'd try to renew Rensch contract and keep Gaaei for now (though wouldn't refuse good offers obviously)..

I'd definitely get rid of Henderson if the opportunity is there.. I'm sure he has his value, but all I hear is how we should make room in the salary house and given he is by far our most expensive player in terms of wages.. He is not worth that and needs to go.. In that scenario I'd keep Manssverk I think..

I'd be very much open to sell Sutalo as well if a good offer comes in as he hasnt really lived up to expectations and can bring in significant money, but I also understand he wants to fight for his place and I can really appreciate that as well so I'd be happy to keep him in that case..

Bergwijn really really needs to go.. I want him gone more than anyone else..
Weghorst really really needs to stay far away!!!
Ramaj really needs to start in stead of Pasveer

I'd play Taylor and Berghuis together in midfield. Berghuis being the playmaker and Taylor the dynamic one who plays more vertically.. Hlynsson could compete with Taylor and I really hope we could persuade Eriksen to come back, as one who can also play als the playmaker, as I suspect Berghuis will also still be used often as right winger..

Godts------Brobbey-----Traore
------Taylor--------------Berghuis
--------------------#6-------------------
Hato-Kaplan--Sutalo-Rensch
------------------Ramaj---------------

#7/#11----Rijkhof-----#7/#11
------Hlysson-----------#10-------
-----------Vos/Mannsverk-------
Baas----#4-----Mokio----Gaeei
-----------------Pasveer--------------

I'd be happy with this scenario for this season..

For the starting places I feel we only really still need a good #6, as I want Henderson out.. If Henderson stay we dont need one.. Perhaps also a new #3 if Sutalo leaves, but if he stays we dont need one.. Berghuis is also a cover for #7 and Traore is an alternative option for #9.

I'd indeed bring in a versatile talentfull winger who can start as a backup option but has the potential to compete for starting XI short term... I'd bring in a playmaker in midfield to cover for Berghuis when he is out or playing on the right, but can also play with Berghuis in case Hlynsson Taylor arent living up.. Eriksen would be ideal! I'd bring in a backup #4 who can also compete as I think Kapaln will miss out a lot after being so often injured for so long.. We need to be careful.. (Im biased as I think he was my first real love, but can we blease bring back Jan Vertonghen for this. Dont care about his age.. He is good enough for this Ajax, he is the perfect example for young players and he breaths Ajax. Especially with Dies Jansen also entering the scene who they have quite some hopes for.. I'd also keep Fitz Jim for a bit of depth in midfield..

Agreed about Gaaei. I really like his attitude, and he did show progress, so would be very fine with him staying as a squad option. Also agreed that we need a different #6 than Henderson. Second half against Pana yesterday showed again that with Henderson at #6, it is hard to play away from the press. I just don't see him leaving though, and I also really like his attitude and the leadership/discipline he brings to this squad. So would be fine with him staying and playing. We need other midfielders who can play under pressure though. At this point, the only one who is reasonably good at that is Fitz Jim. What do the Ajax posters think about him? He needs to impose himself more, improve his stamina, because he seems to fade away during the game, but I feel there is a decent player in there. I like his kind of midfielder. He is the one who makes the midfield tick somewhat at this point and brings the play from defense to attack. Nimble feet, good technique. In the end, he might be too blue/fragile to make it though.

And bringing back Jan Vertonghen... Would be interesting! I have no idea what his current level is, but enjoying football for me is as much about liking the team/players as achieving success on the field, so from that perspective alone I would love to have him back. Especially if the alternative is Rugani..

Agreed about Gaaei. I really like his attitude, and he did show progress, so would be very fine with him staying as a squad option. Also agreed that we need a different #6 than Henderson. Second half against Pana yesterday showed again that with Henderson at #6, it is hard to play away from the press. I just don't see him leaving though, and I also really like his attitude and the leadership/discipline he brings to this squad. So would be fine with him staying and playing. We need other midfielders who can play under pressure though. At this point, the only one who is reasonably good at that is Fitz Jim. What do the Ajax posters think about him? He needs to impose himself more, improve his stamina, because he seems to fade away during the game, but I feel there is a decent player in there. I like his kind of midfielder. He is the one who makes the midfield tick somewhat at this point and brings the play from defense to attack. Nimble feet, good technique. In the end, he might be too blue/fragile to make it though.

And bringing back Jan Vertonghen... Would be interesting! I have no idea what his current level is, but enjoying football for me is as much about liking the team/players as achieving success on the field, so from that perspective alone I would love to have him back. Especially if the alternative is Rugani..

Fitz Jim is a tidy player but I doubt he has it in him to really make impact on a team and can play a pivotal role.. I hope he proves me wrong, he has a great attitude and I would keep him for depth in midfield for sure..

Agree on the Henderson.. I think he will end up staying indeed and fill the #6 position I had as an open vacancy above..

I can follow largely what you say with some nuances..

I'd sell all of the mentioned ones.. Would be ok with keeping Manssverk and Gaaei as squad options for now..

Gaaei looked more up for it near the end of the season and saw him do well in pre season.. Also he looks like someone with the right attitude who will always give everything on and off the pitch.. You need such players in the team as well.. I'd be ok with keeping him as backup for Rensch, who you dont mention at all in your post, but I still have faith he can be a good player for us if he can stay fit and won't be used on a different position every other match, but can focus on right back.. So I'd try to renew Rensch contract and keep Gaaei for now (though wouldn't refuse good offers obviously)..

I'd definitely get rid of Henderson if the opportunity is there.. I'm sure he has his value, but all I hear is how we should make room in the salary house and given he is by far our most expensive player in terms of wages.. He is not worth that and needs to go.. In that scenario I'd keep Manssverk I think..

I'd be very much open to sell Sutalo as well if a good offer comes in as he hasnt really lived up to expectations and can bring in significant money, but I also understand he wants to fight for his place and I can really appreciate that as well so I'd be happy to keep him in that case..

Bergwijn really really needs to go.. I want him gone more than anyone else..
Weghorst really really needs to stay far away!!!
Ramaj really needs to start in stead of Pasveer

I'd play Taylor and Berghuis together in midfield. Berghuis being the playmaker and Taylor the dynamic one who plays more vertically.. Hlynsson could compete with Taylor and I really hope we could persuade Eriksen to come back, as one who can also play als the playmaker, as I suspect Berghuis will also still be used often as right winger..

Godts------Brobbey-----Traore
------Taylor--------------Berghuis
--------------------#6-------------------
Hato-Kaplan--Sutalo-Rensch
------------------Ramaj---------------

#7/#11----Rijkhof-----#7/#11
------Hlysson-----------#10-------
-----------Vos/Mannsverk-------
Baas----#4-----Mokio----Gaeei
-----------------Pasveer--------------

I'd be happy with this scenario for this season..

For the starting places I feel we only really still need a good #6, as I want Henderson out.. If Henderson stay we dont need one.. Perhaps also a new #3 if Sutalo leaves, but if he stays we dont need one.. Berghuis is also a cover for #7 and Traore is an alternative option for #9.

I'd indeed bring in a versatile talentfull winger who can start as a backup option but has the potential to compete for starting XI short term... I'd bring in a playmaker in midfield to cover for Berghuis when he is out or playing on the right, but can also play with Berghuis in case Hlynsson Taylor arent living up.. Eriksen would be ideal! I'd bring in a backup #4 who can also compete as I think Kapaln will miss out a lot after being so often injured for so long.. We need to be careful.. (Im biased as I think he was my first real love, but can we blease bring back Jan Vertonghen for this. Dont care about his age.. He is good enough for this Ajax, he is the perfect example for young players and he breaths Ajax. Especially with Dies Jansen also entering the scene who they have quite some hopes for.. I'd also keep Fitz Jim for a bit of depth in midfield..

At this point I suspect Henderson and Sutalo to stay put both... Van der Boomen is someone I totally forgot in my initial analysis, I suspect him to stay put as well, in stead of for example bringing in Eriksen..

In that scenario I would be happy in retaining the current squad, Get rid of the mentioned players.. Gorter Rulli Avila Medic Wijndal Sosa Tahirovic Forbs Akpom Bergwijn Rasmussen..

And then leave our money in our pockets for now in stead of buying players we are not fully convinced of.. Take the time for the new organization to settle in, see how young players develop during this season and with whom we want to proceed.. And from there on identify the players/positions we want to invest in..

Every person who lives here who uses that same cringy fake accent is hardly genuinely authentic IMO, but I do like him more than Memphis. It's not a high bar though.

Every person who lives here who uses that same cringy fake accent is hardly genuinely authentic IMO, but I do like him more than Memphis. It's not a high bar though.

He was raised in Rotterdam Zuid, largely by Moroccan people.. What accent would you expect him to have?

He was raised in Rotterdam Zuid, largely by Moroccan people.. What accent would you expect him to have?

Moroccans have that accent because they grew up speaking Arabic at home. It doesn't sound too different. Noa doesn't, hence why it's a fake accent. Just because his stepdad is Nordin Boukhari doesn't make him a Moroccan. He's a Dutch kid with some Surinam blood, who grew up speaking Dutch. Sure, a lot of adolescent children in those area's take on those accents to try and fit in, it's still a fake accent. He is as much a pretender as that AZ kid Maxx Meerdink.

Sticky! I will share my thoughts on the season later since there is too much going on with the Olympics but I wanted to honor the sticky mention @KirkDuyt

Moroccans have that accent because they grew up speaking Arabic at home. It doesn't sound too different. Noa doesn't, hence why it's a fake accent. Just because his stepdad is Nordin Boukhari doesn't make him a Moroccan. He's a Dutch kid with some Surinam blood, who grew up speaking Dutch. Sure, a lot of adolescent children in those area's take on those accents to try and fit in, it's still a fake accent. He is as much a pretender as that AZ kid Maxx Meerdink.

Well you take the accents of the people who surround you when you grow up.. So if he is raised mostly on the streets of Rotterdam Zuid and partly by Moroccan stepdad.. That influences the way you speak.. The average player of the Dutch national hockey team would have also had a different accent than they have now if they would have the same roots as currently but grow up in a different neighborhood..

There will obviously also be parts that wanted to belong during childhood and young adolescence so upping the accent even more.. But that is beyond the point, almost everybody does that.. Almost no one is fully authentic during that time because everybody at that age is insecure and wants to fit in/belong/be liked.. @KirkDuyt wore Fubu, I spent my pocket money on Tommy Hilfiger shirts.. And developing the way you talk as you grow up is more difficult than changing your clothes, especially if everyone around you still speaks similarly..

But lets not go to deep.. I can perfectly see why Noa Lang is in the irritation zone of many, but I like him and I believe there is - unlike Memphis or Weghorst for example - very little act in him currently..

I dont care about the silly accent, more what he says. Especially the way he treats his girlfriend in that documentairy.

But as you say, most people are insecure morons at that age.

Sticky! I will share my thoughts on the season later since there is too much going on with the Olympics but I wanted to honor the sticky mention @KirkDuyt
Understandable, I for one am very curious to see by how much our field hockey women will batter whoever they face in the final (I know it's China).

I dont care about the silly accent, more what he says. Especially the way he treats his girlfriend in that documentairy.

But as you say, most people are insecure morons at that age.
There is a documentary?

I havent watched all of it honestly. Just a few bits.

Yeah nice first match. Go Groningen!

Feeling confident @DutchSerb ?

I did expect a win, didn't expect it to be secured in the 7th minute :lol:

Couldn't really judge the foul from where I was sitting, was it a deserved red?

It's on YouTube already:

See after about 35 seconds. It's not so easy to see. The Groningen player might be said to go down a little easy, but it does seem like he's being brought off balance at a minimum, if not actually pulled down a bit. Either way, it clearly interferes with an obvious goalscoring opportunity, so even if the Groningen player exaggerates, the red seems correct to me. The question might be, though, whether there really wasn't hands just before. If that's called, then the red card situation technically doesn't occur and it's a free kick for NAC. But since the hands situation is ignored, I think I agree with the red card.

It's on YouTube already:

See after about 35 seconds. It's not so easy to see. The Groningen player might be said to go down a little easy, but it does seem like he's being brought off balance at a minimum, if not actually pulled down a bit. Either way, it clearly interferes with an obvious goalscoring opportunity, so even if the Groningen player exaggerates, the red seems correct to me. The question might be, though, whether there really wasn't hands just before. If that's called, then the red card situation technically doesn't occur and it's a free kick for NAC. But since the hands situation is ignored, I think I agree with the red card.

Yeah that's a definite handball :lol: lucky for us!

Lang I can tolerate although he’s a knob.

It’s Taylor of Ajax who I really dislike. I think he’s an insult to the midfielders of Ajax’s history that he’s a part of it for so long.

He’s a nothing player I really cannot see his appeal and how he’s not been replaced with someone with technical ability.

The foul is a red, seems like handball though. Not sure what the rules are however. Think as long as you dont score or assist it's more lenient now?

The foul is a red, seems like handball though. Not sure what the rules are however. Think as long as you dont score or assist it's more lenient now?

I doubt its leniency. I think its just a case of good 'ole Dutch VAR (and lack thereof).

Yeah, I think it may have been softened and returned closer to how it was previously - but I don't know exactly either!

They did, btw, introduce the rule from the EC that only the captain can speak with the ref (or a designated player if the captain is the goalkeeper and he's too far away). It's a great idea and I'm curious to know how that will play out.

Feyenoord's first match today. Newly promoted Willem 2 at home. No problem on paper, but we thought that last year as well.

Lopez and Zerrouki starting really needs fixing, but both are only playing due to injuries. I'd also prefer a better alternative to Nieuwkoop, but he does surprise positively at times.

Feyenoord's first match today. Newly promoted Willem 2 at home. No problem on paper, but we thought that last year as well.

Lopez and Zerrouki starting really needs fixing, but both are only playing due to injuries. I'd also prefer a better alternative to Nieuwkoop, but he does surprise positively at times.

Will Gimenez start? I don't see him in the predicted line-up on most football related apps I have, but I wanted to slam the boosted odds for him to score today.

Will Gimenez start? I don't see him in the predicted line-up on most football related apps I have, but I wanted to slam the boosted odds for him to score today.
Ehh, can't imagine he's not starting or I missed some sort of injury.

Well that was a fantastic opener. Willem 2 got onto our half once and our keeper brainfarts and we draw.

Awesome.

Well that was a fantastic opener. Willem 2 got onto our half once and our keeper brainfarts and we draw.

Awesome.
We had a crazy first game early goal and red card which meant we were on the back foot first half. Then two reds further and we dominate the game.

Maikuma had an excellent game too!

Awesome.
I for one highly enjoyed that in between the community shield, break dancing and of course Harry the Horse.

Awesome.
How was the play otherwise? Is that three at the back thing working now?

How was the play otherwise? Is that three at the back thing working now?
It was an extremely 1 sided game. We missed 3 or 4 sitters and Willem 2 created nothing (the goal wasn't a chance either just an inexplicable error by our keeper). Still, with the amount of possession we had, think it was 81% after 60 minutes we should be up by more than one. We lack creativity and our used-to-be star striker Gimenez can't hit the broadside of a barn door now (I know that's not the saying). We also have terrible wingbacks which is a bit of a problem in this system.

We are apparently selling our only creative midfielder, Stengs to Charlotte FC for some unknown reason and Geertruida seems head for Villa.

TL;DR: Feyenoord is Feyenoord again (shit).

But I might be overreacting.

Hope Van Persie'sboys trash Ajax.

Awesome.

What do you think of the choice of your first goalkeeper? Bijlow demoted to back up while he was once touted to become the keeper of our national team.

It was an extremely 1 sided game. We missed 3 or 4 sitters and Willem 2 created nothing (the goal wasn't a chance either just an inexplicable error by our keeper). Still, with the amount of possession we had, think it was 81% after 60 minutes we should be up by more than one. We lack creativity and our used-to-be star striker Gimenez can't hit the broadside of a barn door now (I know that's not the saying). We also have terrible wingbacks which is a bit of a problem in this system.

We are apparently selling our only creative midfielder, Stengs to Charlotte FC for some unknown reason and Geertruida seems head for Villa.

TL;DR: Feyenoord is Feyenoord again (shit).

But I might be overreacting.

Hope Van Persie'sboys trash Ajax.
I don't know, totally dominating the opposition and creating plenty of chances doesn't sound all that desperate to me. Didn't you have a poor start last year as well? Also, I thought I read they were working on a bunch of incomings still?

What do you think of the choice of your first goalkeeper? Bijlow demoted to back up while he was once touted to become the keeper of our national team.
Dumb decision. I'm a bit fed up with Bijlow, but a fine last season aside Wellenreuther is not good enough to replace him. If he buys a proper replacement for Bijlow, fine. If not, Bijlow should always start when fit.

Out of curiosity, as I know his stepfather, how do Ajax fans rate Kristian Hlynson?

See he just scored and got a lot of game time last season...