Enzo 'Terry' Fernandez | Vice-Captain of Chelsea

Also to your previous point about how people label the fees:
- people are idiots when it comes to transfer fees in general
- why this one is generally reported in euro is that it was the price or his release clause, contractually stipulated in euros
- why Rice's would be reported in sterling is because it was a transfer between 2 British clubs, with negotiations which would have been held entirely in sterling.
It makes sense, there's nothing nefarious or strange at play.

Yes but people typically omit the euro symbol, like the poster above did, which confuses matters. Sometimes people just add the pound sign to the euro figure because the 121 figure has been used so much without it's correct currency sign that a growing number of people think Chelsea paid £121m for Enzo Fernandez.

It’s also £107. No idea why people keep saying 121m, especially if the € symbol isn’t used to make it clear you mean €121m. I’ve never seen anybody say Rice cost 118m, for example.
Why are fans so insecure about the fees, you see it on this place ALL the time, they will try downplay any fee payed and somehow this club ends up with the highest outplay on transfers in the past decade.

You’ve spent over a hundred mill on a player, why does it matter if it’s a 107m or 121m? The fee is obscene regardless.

Why are fans so insecure about the fees, you see it on this place ALL the time, they will try downplay any fee payed and somehow this club ends up with the highest outplay on transfers in the past decade.

You’ve spent over a hundred mill on a player, why does it matter if it’s a 107m or 121m? The fee is obscene regardless.

Correcting people is insecure now? Surely using accurate information should be encouraged as much as possible?

If this guy goes back to Chelsea the odds of him getting nailed in “training” will be quite something. The PL proper won’t be pleasant for him either.

What a headache for the Chelsea higher ups.

Not racist either?

dcv6xalzvxcd1.jpeg

Come on you know that mocking people for being African is simply not the same as mocking someone from being Irish. The levels of actual discrimination and abuse people get are completely different.
As someone who was born in England in the 1980s to Irish parents, the abuse and discrimination the Irish suffered was horrendous. “No blacks, no Irish, no dogs” as well as comments about being IRA terrorists and threats to be burnt out of our home at night if we didn’t leave. It played a large part in dad moving us all back to Ireland and leaving a good job behind.
I’ve returned many times for weekends and to watch United home and away, and while it’s not as in your face as it use to be, I still get plenty “thick paddy” or jokes about the potato famine, as well as IRA comments by people who hear my accent. So I wouldn’t be as quick to say mocking someone for being Irish isn’t on the same level. When you’ve suffered it, it doesn’t feel like it’s any different to any other type of discrimination or hatred.
I apologies if I’m misinterpreted your comment in any way, but as you can tell it’s something that’s very close to to bone with me

More bad news for Enzo.

Top talent but it seems hes let it get to his head, shame. If he kept quiet and worked hard he would be a complete player but it seems like he's the wrong character off the field. I rated Enzo very highly but his stock has dropped.

He's a £40-50m player now at best.

Driving though a red light is bad but I'm more curious to know what the feck he was doing in Llanelli.

I have a nice joke but it's not the proper time for it. :(

Driving though a red light is bad but I'm more curious to know what the feck he was doing in Llanelli.
Always the possibility he wasn’t driving and he’d allowed someone else to use his car. Hence not responding to the request to provide driver details.

He's going to be on the end of accidentally mis-timed tackles all season, from inside and outside the club.

I’m not sure that is going to end up being the case. Rightly or wrongly, I think by the time the season starts this will have been long forgotten by most people.

So when is his ban being announced?

The only thing that has happened so far is Chelsea said they're running their own internal disciplinary process and I think FIFA were investigating something. Nothing from the FA so far.

I’m not sure that is going to end up being the case. Rightly or wrongly, I think by the time the season starts this will have been long forgotten by most people.
It won’t be brushed under the carpet for it to escape the mind’s eye, I’m pretty sure of that. We’ll find out soon enough, though.