English cricket thread

Like a repeat of WI 1st innings last test match, get a solid start then lose 3 quick wickets before lunch.

Glad I didn’t have time to post what I was going to at about 1.30 today.

Absolutely terrible shots to get out too, terrible!

I get it, but also amazed people still watch this England side and expect anything else. Rough with the smooth.

It won't be refined under this leadership group. They back it (I'd love it to be refined).

I get it, but also amazed people still watch this England side and expect anything else. Rough with the smooth.

It won't be refined under this leadership group. They back it (I'd love it to be refined).
There's attacking and then there's stupidly, wafting the bat out to a wide ball that's on the up is very poor. We're making a bang average WI side look like world beaters! The pitch looks like a cracking track to bat on.

There's attacking and then there's stupidly, wafting the bat out to a wide ball that's on the up is very poor. We're making a bang average WI side look like world beaters! The pitch looks like a cracking track to bat on.

We aren't though are we. We are comfortably 2-0 up and this test is fairly even after we kept the Windies under par.

Up it a notch on the stupidity scale - couple of overs from close of play.

Stokes seems to bat better when we are in trouble, when things are going well he seems to just come in go as hard as he can and gets out for low scores.

I’ve only watched snippets here and there so obviously could be wrong but in terms of keeping wicket Smith looks much more comfortable than our other options recently

I’ve only watched snippets here and there so obviously could be wrong but in terms of keeping wicket Smith looks much more comfortable than our other options recently
He’s pretty much nailed on after 2.5 tests I reckon? The batting has been fantastic and he hasn’t really done anything wrong with the gloves. Foakes’ keeping was pretty useful in India, but it’s not worth the runs that Smith is bringing.

I say this partially to try and counteract the potential jinxing of him from your post but I have thought he looks a bit dodgy.

Not terribly worried long term though, my memory is that Matt Prior was dodgy for a few years and then somehow quite suddenly became remarkably reliable, so I tend to believe in miracles with keepers after that.

Not sure stopping the game to have David Lloyd awkwardly pressure a few spectators in to donating to charity was really the best idea anyone's ever had.

Not sure stopping the game to have David Lloyd awkwardly pressure a few spectators in to donating to charity was really the best idea anyone's ever had.
They where taking drinks, the game didn't stop for him. Bumble is a legend though, didn't realise that he was 77

I don't mind Atherton but I do thoroughly approve of hating so I am enjoying your energy here.
I don't hate him I just dislike his delivery saying something incredibly boring whilst sounding like he is chuckling as if it was funny :lol:

The ECB has started putting up some lengthy series highlights vids on youtube. I put on a 12 hour marathon vid of the India versus England 2014 series the other day and made it a good few hours through whilst doing other things. It has the Channel 5 commentary, rather than the Sky lot, so this meant I was subjected to far more of Simon Hughes' commentary than anyone was ever meant to endure in one sitting. He really should never have been let out of that van Channel 4 kept him in.