England Squad Discussion (The Carsley Era)

He should get Thomas Graveson as his assistant. But they should never be seen together.

Unai Emery questioned Morgan Rogers' inclusion in England's U21s:

"I am surprised. I respect they're not calling him for the first team,but the 2nd team? He's not a player for the 2nd team. What does he gain by playing in the U21s?"

The press is ridiculous again :lol:

It is anyway a terrible national anthem.....a national anthem should be about the country and not about a person.

It is anyway a terrible national anthem.....a national anthem should be about the country and not about a person.

It's pathetic full stop, but particularly over a caretaker manager who played for Ireland.
This line did make laugh though.
Fabio Capello did not do it, although he did sometimes appear to move his lips.

Already starting the media coup to get him sacked and he hasn't even got the job full time.

He should blast Come out ye black and tans in dressing rooms before the game and then ignore the English anthem and belt out Amhrán na bhFiann at the top of his voice.

Absolutely ridiculous reason for people to get upset with. Over a bloody song. Insane.

Also I really cant believe someone from the press decided this was a worthy question to ask him. It seems to me like they were fishing for something stupid to write about.

Starting a new thread because it's a new England.

Apparently Ben White is still not going to make himself available for selection.
I don't want him in the squad if he's going to be like that, it's a babyish loser mentality. We have enough of those in the squad already.

Absolutely ridiculous reason for people to get upset with. Over a bloody song. Insane.

Also I really cant believe someone from the press decided this was a worthy question to ask him. It seems to me like they were fishing for something stupid to write about.
That “bloody song” as you call it was being sang in the trenches in World War 1 and World War 2.
That “bloody song” is being sang by those who have been building your railroads, emptying your garbage, its being sang in your ghettos and in your stockyards.

And you say I have to pay for your sins, again and again.
How many times have I got to pay for
your sins? I’m getting tired, I’m getting tired.

Carsley will sing that song, and he will enjoy it.

Got em

It's a silly rhetoric. Not that it had any influence on the match but in the Euros final, I don't think any Spanish players or staff were singing the national anthem at all but the England team were singing ours.

I despise English newspapers. It’s a non-story. I’ve never sang the National Anthem either. It’s a dirge and I’m not a monarchist.

Since Brexit there really has been a rise in a North Korean style obsession by some in society that all must love their king and country.

It's similar to the Poppy and the rage it causes when some refuse to wear one.

Since Brexit there really has been a rise in a North Korean style obsession by some in society that all must love their king and country.

It's similar to the Poppy and the rage it causes when some refuse to wear one.
All the players should stand with their lips sealed during the anthem, would be a show of support to the manager and good old f you to the the mail and its flag shagging nutjobs

Says a lot about the journalist if he's more interested in a manager performing ambassadorial duties than style of football and winning matches. Idiotic criticism before a ball has even been kicked.

Good chance this actually scuppers his chances of the full time gig. We're a very silly country.

This is football not fecking Eurovision, I don’t care what he or any of the players sing or don’t sing. They’re there to play football, not sing. What utter nonsense. When did people start caring about this crap? Probably around the time when the poppy insanity took hold I assume. Just fake patriotic bullshit

Gordon seems really switched on but surprising to hear one of the players say this

If Carsley doesn’t lead the team out with a British Bulldog on a chain in one hand and a portrait of The King in the other he should be sacked immediately after the match.