England Euro 2024 Squad and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Bowen even in the squad. He's good for West Ham but don't remember him ever doing anything of note in an England shirt.
Sure if we're talking about the knockouts but this is basically a mid-table PL game. It should be worrying that you can't break them down. Still looks the same England, first proper team and they'll be coming home. Main players are shattered from their season and the surrounding cast is average.

Hopefully Southgate can see that and gives Mainoo opportunity. Although I dunno, it is Southgate after all.
He won’t because he knows every man and his dog has been saying that so he won’t give them the opportunity to be right.

Hopefully Southgate can see that and gives Mainoo opportunity. Although I dunno, it is Southgate after all.

Yeah surely after the anonymous TAA performances and then Gallagher looking like a walking red card, Mainoo or Wharton has to start the next game.

Still favorites to finish top of their group. Not sure what side of the draw that puts them on but a better team then Denmark puts them to the sword on that performance.

For all the talent, they are so poor to watch.

I think the Trent experiment is done.

The worrying thing is that the sub indicates Gallagher will start now. Mainoo and Wharton are our last resorts.

I love how the go to-man is Connor Gallagher the most mediocre bang average midfielder going

If Southgate ever gets anywhere near the United job I generally think I’m done

It's like continuously handing extensions to Ole at Utd, absolutely bizarre that they have stuck with Southgate for so long.

Oh, at least it provides us a lot to laugh at England :lol:

He should have left when he originally planned to. The team has Southgate exhaustion.

No midfield, no party.

You can always have some luck and win games but will never control games like Germany, France, Spain or maybe even Italy do.

Yeah surely after the anonymous TAA performances and then Gallagher looking like a walking red card, Mainoo or Wharton has to start the next game.

He’ll do the exact same thing in the next game. Trent Trent Trent in midfield, subbed for Gallagher 60 mins in after it’s not working. Southgate should be arrested for crimes against football.

Absolutely fecking tumescent. Felt like a classic bad Utd performance. Players who don’t know their roles, not knowing where each other will be. Relying on isolated players going one v one in attack.

You're making my point by exaggerating how bad England is, don't know why you took that route. England doesn't get judged extra critically because they're bad, they get judged because they're English and many people (including the English) don't like England. A lot of what I see is people being snide, then you have fans to who can't separate club and country and hate certain players because they play for certain clubs.

England is an ugly team to watch because we play Tory football under Southgate but that's his tactic. It actually works and if it wasn't for players bottling penalties then we might have a Euro trophy and a WC too.

Dropping Bellingham back is a Fifa tactic that I see a lot of people suggesting, but people don't realise that we will need to defend at times as well. That team would get walked through. I'd drop Foden for Palmer and play Trent at RB for his creativity. Of course that wouldn't work in a Southgate team so Walker would be the option for him. Rooney has had some very memorable moments for England I'm guessing you're a younger fan who only saw him in his latter years.

Sometimes I struggle to get hyped for England during tournaments but the weird hate the team gets makes me root for them harder. I don't want to see us fail just because there aren't any United players in the starting 11. There needs to be a study on how English people resent their national team, it's a bit of a reflection of the crabs in a bucket mentality people have here.

That midfield of yours worked wonders to be fair.

Glad to hear Rio, Gary and Shearer basically saying Southgate's tactics are and always have been shit. Though it's a bit ridiculous Gary and Shearer are saying that now after wanking Southgate off in their podcast before

With the array of talent we have, I was hoping for exciting progressive football. But it's like watching United.

feck off Southgate.

The game in which you outplayed France and Kane missed a penalty to send it to extra time?

We didn't outplay France. It was a fairly even game, and ultimately one team scored two goals, taking the lead twice, and the other scored a penalty, and found themselves relying on another to take it to extra time (and missing it).

It was yet another example of Southgate's England falling at the same hurdles other England managers have, namely, knockout games against equal/better opposition. Croatia 2018, Italy 2021, France 2022. Can add Belgium 2018 and Netherlands 2019 to the list if you want to include the third-place play-off and Nations League.

The teams beaten? Colombia, Sweden, Switzerland, Germany, Ukraine, Denmark, Senegal. Only one stands out, and it was one of the weakest German sides in memory.

It's clear your players are instructed to play this cowardly way. I imagine some are fuming or despondent considering they play under some of the best managers in the world.

This is so far worse than I was expecting from Southgate. Not only leaving Rashford out, he's playing a fecking low-block without Rashford. :lol:

Awful tactical setups, cowardly approach with one of the best squads in the tournament vs significantly inferior opponents.

I hope for England's sake, that Southgate is sacked the minute England go out of this tournament.

Walker lieing. Saying the manager wants them to play free flowing attacking football.

Southgate might genuinely be the worst coach in this tournament. He's incapable of playing to the strengths of his squad, he can't pick the right starting XI, he makes awful subs and I honestly can't see any evidence of him having a plan in attack or defence. These players all seem to be making it up as they go along without a clue how they're supposed to move in relation to each other. About 50% of the Caf could probably make this team play better if given the chance. It's been absolutely baffling to watch this shite for two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.