England Cricket Summer 17 - South Africa & West Indies

Hopefully baristow malan gets a hundred and baristow with a half century with Moeen, Woakes to come we can easily give them a target of 275 .

Edit: Just i was about to post malan gone good innings though

Come on then Moeen wouldn't mind one of your 70-80's right about now.

why do you think he has both these issues? If he can solve them both, he'll outdo Kohli.

He certianly can beat kohli in test matches. He throws his wicket away most of the time when he is set instead of bowlers getting him with a good delivery. His Dismissal in first innings is a perfect example pre meditated shots instead of waiting for loose balls.

One of his best innings i saw was 254 he scored against pakistan, he was really patient throughout that inning needs to more of those sort.

He certianly can beat kohli in test matches. He throws his wicket away most of the time when he is set instead of bowlers getting him with a good delivery. His Dismissal in first innings is a perfect example pre meditated shots instead of waiting for loose balls.

One of his best innings i saw was 254 he scored against pakistan, he was really patient throughout that inning needs to more of those sort.
Yeah. That innings vs Pakistan was one of the iconic scores in recent test cricket.

We forget how young Root still is. If he plays at top level til 35+, then it suggests he is still a way from total batting maturity: I think he still has plenty of space for mental development to deliver better shot selection etc.

Just hope his having to also learn and concentrate on captaincy doesn't stop him fulfilling his true batting potential which is to become one of the all time greats.

Last edited:
What is the commentators problem with Brathwate?

Was an odd decision to give him an over in the first over after the break, but the commentators seem to have a personal grudge against the lad and are being way too critical.

They're acting like England scored 6 boundaries from that over and making out it was one of the worst overs they've ever seen bowled.

Last edited:
What is the commentators problem with Brathwate?

Was an odd decision to give him an over in the first over after he break, but the commentators seem to have a personal grudge against the lad and are being way too critical.

They're acting like England scored 6 boundaries from that over and making out it was one of the worst overs they've ever seen bowled.
Think it's just Ian Ward trying to be controversial and cement a permanent spot in the commentary booth.

Yeah. That innings vs Pakistan was one of the iconic scores in recent test cricket.

We forget how young Root still is. If he plays at top level til 35+, then it suggests he is still a way from total batting maturity: I think he still has plenty of space for mental development to deliver better shit selection etc.

Just hope his having to also learn and concentrate on captaincy doesn't stop him fulfilling his true batting potential which is to become one of the all time greats.

Hope his back problem is sorted he can definitely end up as one of the greats

problems at 2& 3 remain! Westley simply not ready yet.

Should reselect Hameed at no 2 and maybe Bairstow at no 3 vs Aussies.

Hameed cannot even score runs in the County Championships. Westley, Stoneman and Malan score heaps of runs at the first class level and are struggling at Test cricket. How would Hameed who can't score to save his life at the first class level currently cope at the Test level? The Aussie pacers will destroy him if he travels to Australia. He should be nowhere near the England side now. If he is patient, works on his game and scores runs in the CC, then he would get a look in.

so what do you suggest?

Its a really difficult situation especially with the no3 position. In an ideal world, Root should bat there but he doesn't want to. I think Westley has been given a decent shot but they need to try something else. My only other suggestions are Ballance (technique problem but best player in county cricket) or Hales at 3 (he has been batting at 5 for Notts). Stoneman needs a decent run and Malan will need to carry on scoring in the next game. If he doesn't, another solution would be to bring in Foakes to keep wicket and bat at 8 which frees up Bairstow to focus on batting.

It's proving to be a cracker. Still expect Windies to lose but this has been a cracking test match.

England bowlers don't look like taking a wicket at the moment, far too easy for Brathwaite and Hope

Excellent from these 2 again.

Still think that if England can break this partnership, Windies might lose quick wickets in succession.

Who thought after the first test we'd get a second test going down to the final session where both teams can win it? Incredible stuff!

Would like WINDIES to win, for their own confidence but mostly to set up a great final game.

Yup, that was the worst referral I've ever seen.

Great catch!

Don't feck this up Windies. New ball due soon too.

Another 1 or 2 wickets in the next 5-10 minutes and it'll start to get interesting.

What the feck is Blackwood doing?! Doubt he lasts long against the new ball, if he makes it there.

Blackwood's crazy.

Getting some runs in before the new ball maybe.

That was a cracking delivery from Woakes.

Brilliant knock from Hope. If he plays through WI should win from here.

In a team game over 5 days, you can't blame a single person for 1 or 2 moments. All that aside though, Cookie dropped this test match twice!

He's playing a shot! Can't call that a dead ball.

feck off Ravi you idiot.

C'mon West Indies. Surely they can't lose from here.

:lol: he's done his job.

Go on Windies!