England Cricket Summer 17 - South Africa & West Indies

Windies have done well with the call today. Good to see.

Hopefully they can avoid the follow on now.

So close to 250. Well played AC.

Well, the Windies are off to a good start with the bat :D

Surprised WI didn't try to get Jofra Archer in the team, they need to be a lot more savvy in their selections.

Not good for test cricket this. Hopefully Windies aren't as poor as they look here and it's just a bad game.

Pointless series. The gulf in class between both sides is massive.

Can't even enjoy it. Hammering a good side is one thing, but hammering a shite side isn't satisfying in the slightest.

I feel for any nation that hosts the West Indies in a test series. I had to endure the most unwatchable series ever two Aussie summers back when they were here for three tests. They took just 12 wickets with the ball across three tests and four bowling innings.

Calling it now. 120 for 6 at the end of the day - In their second innings :D

Needs to be a 2 tier system for Test cricket. I'm sure the ICC was discussing it, not sure if they agreed on anything though.
I don't like the idea. Two tier systems result in things like Ryan ten Doeschate being statistically the best all rounder one day cricket has seen.

I don't like the idea. Two tier systems result in things like Ryan ten Doeschate being statistically the best all rounder one day cricket has seen.

Really?! :lol:

I think there needs to be a change. SL, Windies, Zimbabwe aren't good enough imo. Afghanistan & Ireland are yet to play. You could put Pakistan in this category depending on how we replace Misbah & Younis.

I'd like to see it trialled for a period to see if we get more competitive cricket. Right now, these type of Test series are useless.

Being pragmatic, I'd have batted again. Stoneman, Malan and Westley desperately need time in the middle. Not sure if weather will be a factor in the next 2.5 days though.

Being pragmatic, I'd have batted again. Stoneman, Malan and Westley desperately need time in the middle. Not sure if weather will be a factor in the next 2.5 days though.
Not sure them batting against a pink ball under lights is likely to be helpful practice, confidence building, or tell us much about their capability for test match batting.

They're a weirdly diminutive side aren't they? Lots of very slim guys in that line-up.

WINDIES need to find themselves one of these!

Last edited:
Not sure them batting against a pink ball under lights is likely to be helpful practice, confidence building, or tell us much about their capability for test match batting.
It's not ideal practise, but those 3's test scores are 8, 8, 29, 9, 25, 59, 18, 6, 1, 10 and 65. They need anything they can get tbh, the ashes is the focus. Would be worried if we're worried if our 2, 3 and 5 are so fragile they couldn't be exposed to the pink ball again.

Shite test. Don't know if there is rain around but if not then England should have batted again. Fair enough you want to be ruthless but on the other said it was the first D/N test in the country and you want it to be a spectacle. England would have won comfortably anyway.

Will England keep the same team for tomorrow, then bring in Crane and Woakes for the 3rd test

England's problems at #3 continue Westley gone

37/3 stoneman gone 19

Last edited: