Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

I love Twitter and to see it being ruined is not great. Still watching Elon shit the bed daily is quite amusing.

As much of a douchebag this guy is, I think he's done well with the twitter purchase. There's a lot of value in the platform with a unique feature set that I think has been under utilised by the previous management, and over a 10 year span it can increase significantly in value if the execution is right. I held stock in Twitter for quite a while, but over the last 5-7 years it just seemed like nothing was over done to improve twitter.

Musk is smart and ruthless in business if nothing else, so I expect the twitter purchase to return good value for him. Shame because he is really quite unlikeable, but I suppose the traits that make him so are useful to have in business.

I mean... huh?

Sounds good, thanks for sharing. And I am assuming a lot of these companies are not public so the stocks are really stock options as opposed to RSUs, right?
Yes. All startups I am talking that offer 100k+ salary and same in stocks vested over 4 years are not public so it is actually stock options.

amidst all these lay off news, I have a question about Scottish folks. Can someone IM me who's from Scotland?

Pretty sure this was the guy tweeting a lot on what's happening and on the spaces Q&A with advertisers.

As much of a douchebag this guy is, I think he's done well with the twitter purchase. There's a lot of value in the platform with a unique feature set that I think has been under utilised by the previous management, and over a 10 year span it can increase significantly in value if the execution is right. I held stock in Twitter for quite a while, but over the last 5-7 years it just seemed like nothing was over done to improve twitter.

Musk is smart and ruthless in business if nothing else, so I expect the twitter purchase to return good value for him. Shame because he is really quite unlikeable, but I suppose the traits that make him so are useful to have in business.

You can’t be serious

Filing for bankruptcy before Christm… mmmmhhh, before Thanksgiving!

As of he hasn't done enough damage, now he wants to unleash Gremlins upon the world?
About 3 days ago I was trying to remember that Gremlin's name, your comment has answered a question I had completely forgotten about. Thanks!

Not doing very well. I don't know why he felt it was necessary to make so many changes so early. From the outside, it seems he is in panic mode.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/nov/10/exodus-twitter-elon-musk-possible-bankruptcy

Exodus continues at Twitter as Elon Musk hints at possible bankruptcy

Departures of top figures handling safety, security, privacy and compliance come amid warnings from Federal Trade Commission

Spends $44billion for a bankruptcy? Sounds like a steal!!!

He always claims his businesses are on the brink of bankruptcy. It’s a ‘good’ way to get people to work harder. The most interesting thing is that he says upcoming economic downturn like we aren’t already there and it’s going to get a lot worse.

He always claims his businesses are on the brink of bankruptcy. It’s a ‘good’ way to get people to work harder. The most interesting thing is that he says upcoming economic downturn like we aren’t already there and it’s going to get a lot worse.

Sigh... No it's not. That's why businesses usually don't do it. It's a good way to get people to update their resume.

Anyway, I'm interested in his pitch for selling subscriptions for social media apps that have been free (and continue to be free) since the early 2000s. In which the social media doesn't even own the content, if I might add. I'm sure it's gonna be a hell of a pitch.

Last edited:
I guess it is really hard to know how long it will take. Not even bothering to really predict.

I know that some hiring is continuing, I am actually interviewing with Meta next week, although at this stage I would be afraid to accept their offer even in the unlikely event that I will get one. Just too risky right now, especially with some startups offering FAANG-like salaries.

Meta fired overwhelming majority of their bootcampers who are new hires without any team and only in company for less than 2 months, I believe. So be careful.

Why are people still using it? Just stop fecking using it if they hate him and Twitter so much

Why are people still using it? Just stop fecking using it if they hate him and Twitter so much

Discussing a rich arsehole burning his cash on the platform that he's singlehandedly destroying is pretty hilarious tbh.

I don't hate Twitter, it is the most convenient social network for me. It is/was nice to follow some authors, and read the thoughts of people sharing the same hobbies while not really having anything to tell. I feel most of the other social networks are more focused on ourselves (like sharing personal news or pics) while Reddit/Twitter can be just hobbies.

I would miss it if it disappear. Even if it can be a fire dumpster at times. It was really stressing during 4.5 or 5 years not that long ago, even when muting.

So today I learnt :
- blue checks is without surprise an awful idea everyone could see the risk except the one pushing this idea (people really need more critical thinking AND internet literacy)
- the safety and privacy of accounts is at a low point (it is really concerning because not only some malicious attempts can be successful to steal these data but I read that EM himself could sell them (not sure how credible the latest is))
- risk of bankruptcy???

Last edited: