Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

I don't quite get that review, it's noisy, its panels are badly aligned, is dangerous if there's someone around when closing doors, has rattles despite it being $100,000, hasn't got the advertised range, had faulty lights, the rear mirror literally showed nothing at night. Despite that it's an overall positive.

I don't quite get that review, it's noisy, its panels are badly aligned, is dangerous if there's someone around when closing doors, has rattles despite it being $100,000, hasn't got the advertised range, had faulty lights, the rear mirror literally showed nothing at night. Despite that it's an overall positive.

Saw that some dope has consented to Musk-tech brain implant and couldn't help but think that, under his watch, Twitter has gone to shit, Teslas are being recalled left, right and centre and the Cyber Truck is a laughing stock, and I'm fairly sure the last big SpaceX thing ended with it blowing up.

Saw that some dope has consented to Musk-tech brain implant and couldn't help but think that, under his watch, Twitter has gone to shit, Teslas are being recalled left, right and centre and the Cyber Truck is a laughing stock, and I'm fairly sure the last big SpaceX thing ended with it blowing up.

Tbf it's probably somebody who is paralysed or in some other bad way.

Tbf it's probably somebody who is paralysed or in some other bad way.

True enough. I suppose with the benefit of not being in that situation it's easy enough to say you'd steer well clear.

Smoke detectors seem to be a new racist meme (see these two replies to this just-about-maybe-slightly-racist tweet).
Does anyone know what the "joke" is?

Smoke detectors seem to be a new racist meme (see these two replies to this just-about-maybe-slightly-racist tweet).
Does anyone know what the "joke" is?
What a nice Twitter account. Great that this definitely not racist person is allowed on there. He has so much to teach to our children :wenger:

My eyes rolled out of my head, please send help

GFWBrKqWcAAgv-P

So I assume these “illegals” are paying their mortgages in cash each month?

I put illegals in quote marks because it’s a truly way to refer to another human.

I was browsing a whole range of social media communities that purport to be "tesla focused". None of them actually care about the stock or the company on the whole. I'd say you'd see 1/15 posts commenting on how dodgy the board makeup is or how the Delaware ruling was keeping a company accountable. The rest of the noise is along the lines of.... HOW CAN ONE MAN WITH 9 SHARES DEFY ELON!!! ELON DESERVES THIS MONEY THE SHAREHOLDERS APPROVED IT!!!

It has similar vibes to the Gamestop cultists. Even saw people commenting under posts that they were concerned the the direction of the company and they were saying "don't worry, ill buy the stock your fretting about".

According to wiki, Tesla employs 140,000 people directly or via subsidiaries.

$56 billion / 140k = $400,000 per employee.

Even if every employee was actually paid that, is Musk doing as much work single handedly as 140,000 other people?

It's obscene

According to wiki, Tesla employs 140,000 people directly or via subsidiaries.

$56 billion / 140k = $400,000 per employee.

Even if every employee was actually paid that, is Musk doing as much work single handedly as 140,000 other people?

It's obscene
I understand the sentiment. But let's ask another question. Why is Tesla's stock value so extremely high in the first place?

$200.000.000.000 (Musks fortune) / $387.600 (average price of a home in the US) = 515.996 homes? Is this right? there's no way one person can have that much wealth right?

Wealth taxes. Fact that in the UK rich people pay lot less tax on their significant passive income compared to people who work their asses off should be the no1 issue. Yet those suffer the most refuse to even acknowledge it.

Wealth taxes. Fact that in the UK rich people pay lot less tax on their significant passive income compared to people who work their asses off should be the no1 issue. Yet those suffer the most refuse to even acknowledge it.

In what way? I thought most tax loopholes were to do with a business registered elsewhere - im still unsure how they liquidise there wealth with little tax though?

Just casually amplifying a far-right troll and spreading Nazi propaganda.

GFd4FAOaIAAn-L6
Interestingly enough, Musk never comes up as a subject of discussion at work. Never do I hear a colleague saying "guys, did you know Elon Musk has descended into far right ideology?". The guy with the biggest net worth in the world is casually saying extreme stuff on Twitter and it's not even noteworthy to them. Meanwhile, they're just buying Tesla's.

Interestingly enough, Musk never comes up as a subject of discussion at work. Never do I hear a colleague saying "guys, did you know Elon Musk has descended into far right ideology?". The guy with the biggest net worth in the world is casually saying extreme stuff on Twitter and it's not even noteworthy to them. Meanwhile, they're just buying Tesla's.

He's come up once or twice at work, but also I have one co-worker who really likes him. He also really likes Trump. He's an Egyptian immigrant to Norway, so I can only assume he's been caught up in the online culture war because there's no other reason why he'd be into those ghouls. He's a very nice guy in any case, we just avoid talking about it.

all the replies too. twitter is totally useless for most new users who don't have a niche they want to dive into.

Last edited: