Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

Because of all the reports of the sponsors and advertising companies leaving in droves and the same regarding user numbers. Reports about the company being valued at 1/10th the price Musk paid for it and also the reports of all the staff cuts and firings leaving the site struggling. Add to that the name change and brand change which is also driving people away. The far right takeover has made the site incredibly toxic and unappealing to many.
Not the same thing as having less users though. It's lost tons of value, and gained users. That's not contradictory.

big-trouble-if-i-speak.gif

Not the same thing as having less users though. It's lost tons of value, and gained users. That's not contradictory.
He has made the site basically unusable if you don't have an account and started trialing paywall for its new accounts. Those decisions are going to result in a one-off massive rise in user numbers without actually improving the site for them in any way.

He has made the site basically unusable if you don't have an account and started trialing paywall for its new accounts. Those decisions are going to result in a one-off massive rise in user numbers without actually improving the site for them in any way.
Just explaining why user numbers haven’t collapsed even though the value of the company has.

It’s still unique and one of the most visited sites in the world.

I suppose it shows the strength of what Twitter is, it’s not easy to damage.

Good on the Swedes. Important conflict in the broader context of labor models in the Nordics. I read in another article, that the union has resources to strike for 500 years, so that's a pretty strong starting point.

Oh yeah, he's fecked if he's taking on the Swedish labour movement, they're very strong. He's not winning this one.

should I post it here or in the electrical cars thread? the war between Musk and Swedish unions is only intensifying.

Based Swedes, cringe Elon.

Seriously though, I love labour unions and I despise all who oppose them. American world culture is so toxic.

Just explaining why user numbers haven’t collapsed even though the value of the company has.

It’s still unique and one of the most visited sites in the world.

I suppose it shows the strength of what Twitter is, it’s not easy to damage.
Yea, that's fair. Twitter is imo in a category of companies that might be too big to fail even within a decade.

Don't know which thread to put this in, but the youtube algorithm is getting increasingly ... something. Today it was a "European pagan" channel "survive the jive" with more than one Evola viddeo, "DEBUNKING" the "racism" of the black death(?)

M11yeye.png
I had some weird Facist channel run by some shut in with amor 40 subscribers recommended to me

(and no it's not my channel)

Good on the Swedes. Important conflict in the broader context of labor models in the Nordics. I read in another article, that the union has resources to strike for 500 years, so that's a pretty strong starting point.
It's close to spreading to Norway as well. if he plays hardball here I reckon the Danish unions will join too. Basically make it impossible for tesla to sell or repair a car in the nordics.

It's close to spreading to Norway as well. if he plays hardball here I reckon the Danish unions will join too. Basically make it impossible for tesla to sell or repair a car in the nordics.

That would be huge. I hope it happens. Feck Tesla. Already it has spread to other unions in Sweden with the Swedish postal union refusing to deliver mail to them.

This seems like purely an ideological battle for Musk, because it only concerns 120 mechanics in Sweden. Slightly better terms for them can hardly be a big problem for a huge corporation like Tesla. And then he probably also fears that it will spread to other countries.

Oh yeah, he's fecked if he's taking on the Swedish labour movement, they're very strong. He's not winning this one.

Let's hope so. The American ultra capitalistic models and thinking are sadly flooding into Europe which is terrifying.

feck Elon and his shitty ass cars.

"what are these 'labour rights' you speak of?"

Apparently new Teslas can't even legally get on the roads, because license plates may only be distrbuted by the postal service, and they are also striking against Tesla :lol:

If he wants Tesla to do business in Sweden, it looks like he is going to have to give in to their demands for the right to collective bargaining.

Based Swedes, cringe Elon.

Seriously though, I love labour unions and I despise all who oppose them. American world culture is so toxic.

Is ridiculous. I don't know if it is the same in Canada than in America. But here, "normal" workers always criticize workers that are union. Because they have more rights than them. "no one wants a union worker, because is too protected, they work less, they make more money,"

feck that! so basically you are criticizing the fact that an organization is getting more for the workers than for the company? I don't understand how they don't see the irony of it.

I don't understand the concept of "Union job" so it that person quits, this job is reserved for a union person. At least in Spain you just have a job and then you can go to the union that you want. And if you are enough in a union, specially the same union, you can pressure if the conditions are not good.

Is a problem being unionized if is there just a few, because then you are targeted. Unions only work when a lot of workers are unionized and can pressure. But in united states and canada they lost the PR battle as even the majority of workers criticize them

The best part is it's difficult to see how Elon and Tesla win from here. If they do the right thing and cave in then other countries with unions will follow. If they stand strong then they won't have a market in Scandinavia as surely the other nations will follow the Swedish example.

You love to see it. fecking moron and his shitty overpriced cars.

The best part is it's difficult to see how Elon and Tesla win from here. If they do the right thing and cave in then other countries with unions will follow. If they stand strong then they won't have a market in Scandinavia as surely the other nations will follow the Swedish example.

100% this, he doesn't stand a fecking chance.

That would be great, but I don't think it's quite that simple. Sweden will be tough for him, because they already have really strong unions with hundreds of thousands of members, really strong backing and deep pockets for a prolonged conflict. Without these things in place it will be a lot harder for to do the same in other countries, even if the employees are motivated. It's already failed multiple times for Tesla employees in the US, I believe.

Haven't seen anyone banging on about how Twitter was so unprofitable and needed the fat trimming before the takeover for a while now. That was a funny time!

I wouldn't put my hopes on it. I've heard for a while now that Elon/Tesla will face consequences. Meanwhile Tesla keeps selling.

Couple of days ago an article about how Tesla knew self-driving tech had faults. Let's see the consequences for that.

And for those who would believe him at face value (luckily seems like the whole site sees through this charlatan) - it’s not. Not even close

As my Irish friend puts it - if it’s pronounced how it’s spelled, we ain’t interested

Didn't he announce that he'd try to censor pro-Palestinian posts? It might help redeem him in the eyes of some conservatives. Plenty of them view anti-semitism as opposing Israels actions towards Palestinians rather than hatred towards Jews.

As long as he's cracking down on pro-Palestinian voices, he'll probably be forgiven for agreeing with the odd "Jews won't replace us" blue tick nutter.