Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

https://reddit.com/r/RealTesla/s/gkFqfkXgT2

The absolute state of this. Reminds me of Cyberpunk previews vs Cyberpunk release.
giphy.gif

The guy is stunted. The vision of the future during his adolescence is his vision of the future now.

https://reddit.com/r/RealTesla/s/gkFqfkXgT2

The absolute state of this. Reminds me of Cyberpunk previews vs Cyberpunk release.

It’s not all that different. It looked like a prototype initially and now the concessions have blunted it a little.

Horror show of a car though. It’ll never meet EU crash safety standards. It’ll kill most people it hits in ‘Murica too. Though, because insane country, they’ll hold up the fact that it was largely untouched in a fatal accident as evidence of brilliance and sell more.

It’s ugly, impractical, and dangerous. Dickheads will flock to buy one.

As much a cnut he is and is fecking up twiter, he was right that the company was overstaffed. Maybe not the 75% that he laid off but a big chunk of it was unnecessary
Do you work in development? You know this for a fact?

Do you have any idea how slow things go when you fire all your development staff? Do you think major tech companies were just stockpiling staff so other companies couldn't have them?

If you've ever done a days work in that environment yourself, you would know that when staff leave, knowledge of systems leaves with them and then it's never touched again and eventually replaced when they absolutely have to replace it, meaning you spend all your time keeping the lights on instead of building new features.

It’s not all that different. It looked like a prototype initially and now the concessions have blunted it a little.

Its decieving. It looks wrong because the proportions have changed quite a bit, the brain picks up on it, but it is difficult to spot visually.

It was originally pre-stressed stainless steel panels, now it is not. It will fold like a coke can in an impact.

Its decieving. It looks wrong because the proportions have changed quite a bit, the brain picks up on it, but it is difficult to spot visually.

It was originally pre-stressed stainless steel panels, now it is not. It will fold like a coke can in an impact.

Musk isn't happy with the production car Musk unhappy with Cybertruck’s poor quality, calls for Lego-like precision | Ars Technica

What's funny is he's discovering one of the reasons why paint is a thing.

ncj3amz19fmb1.png

So now he is basically just admitting that Twitter has lost $40 billion in value under his leadership. Surely this is some kind of record in terms of value destruction.

I think it looks very similar, to be honest. It’s just a poor design to begin with.

If Musk presented that render today, people would say it’s trash. But back then everyone was lapping up whatever he was selling.

There were plenty of us saying it's trash back then.

Do you work in development? You know this for a fact?

Do you have any idea how slow things go when you fire all your development staff? Do you think major tech companies were just stockpiling staff so other companies couldn't have them?

If you've ever done a days work in that environment yourself, you would know that when staff leave, knowledge of systems leaves with them and then it's never touched again and eventually replaced when they absolutely have to replace it, meaning you spend all your time keeping the lights on instead of building new features.

I get what you mean but yourself made a point on my argument

..."Do you think major tech companies were just stockpiling staff so other companies couldn't have them?"...

I think that counts as the epitome of overstaffing

Another point

..."when staff leave, knowledge of systems leaves with them and then it's never touched "...

So is not the body that counts but the knowledge lost. Maybe when they replace the system migth need less people due to the overstaffing that you mention yourself?

Saying that, i know that twitter is not going well and getting worse and mysel i said that 75% is too much to not be noticed, but probably they didnt need a chunk of these people...and you said it yourself, thanks for backing my argument

I get what you mean but yourself made a point on my argument

..."Do you think major tech companies were just stockpiling staff so other companies couldn't have them?"...

I think that counts as the epitome of overstaffing

Another point

..."when staff leave, knowledge of systems leaves with them and then it's never touched "...

So is not the body that counts but the knowledge lost. Maybe when they replace the system migth need less people due to the overstaffing that you mention yourself?

Saying that, i know that twitter is not going well and getting worse and mysel i said that 75% is too much to not be noticed, but probably they didnt need a chunk of these people...and you said it yourself, thanks for backing my argument
That’s my point though, companies aren’t stockpiling staff. The more complex your application becomes, the more people you need to work on it to maintain it and to grow it. If you remove staff you essentially remove the opportunity to grow.

Yes, it’s knowledge that is lost but you can’t replace it and the people you currently have can’t learn what is lost when that person leaves. At first the new system will be more sustainable, and then you grow again and it needs a bunch of people to maintain it.

I’ll give you an example, we have a guy who works for us who’s been here 25 years, he’s the only person on the entire team who has deep knowledge of all our databases. It would take the rest of us the same amount of time just to learn what he knows about the systems, he was here when they were built. We're also consultants and quite frankly don't give a shit, we're paid to build stuff, not keep the lights on, we're on expensive 3 month rolling contracts so we do what we're told to do.

This week he went elk hunting in some forest, we have no way to reach him, and guess what? One of our api’s went down, meaning something on our website/app no longer works because we have no idea how to identify the issue and we’d have to dig through millions of lines of code just to get near the issue.

It’s been 4 days and 2 teams of 4 people are currently trying to debug the issue without success. If they’re lucky they’ll fix it before he gets back. This costs the business silly amounts of money in dev hours and lost revenue when we could be building new features or improving the user experience.

Now imagine what happens when he leaves and the people around him leave. Shit show.

Last edited:
That’s my point though, companies aren’t stockpiling staff. The more complex your application becomes, the more people you need to work on it to maintain it and to grow it. If you remove staff you essentially remove the opportunity to grow.

Yes, it’s knowledge that is lost but you can’t replace it and the people you currently have can’t learn what is lost when that person leaves. At first the new system will be more sustainable, and then you grow again and it needs a bunch of people to maintain it.

I’ll give you an example, we have a guy who works for us who’s been here 25 years, he’s the only person on the entire team who has deep knowledge of all our databases. It would take the rest of us the same amount of time just to learn what he knows about the systems, he was here when they were built.

This week he went elk hunting in some forest, we have no way to reach him, and guess what? One of our api’s went down, meaning something on our website/app no longer works because we have no idea how to identify the issue and we’d have to dig through millions of lines of code just to get near the issue.

It’s been 4 days and 2 teams of 4 people are currently trying to debug the issue without success. If they’re lucky they’ll fix it before he gets back. This costs the business silly amounts of money in dev hours and lost revenue.

Now imagine what happens when he leaves and the people around him leave. Shit show.

Yes, and I agree with you. In any moment I said that twitter works normal after firing 75%- of their workforce, is obviously getting worse. My comment was more on that twitter was heavily overstaffed if it still on going without them. Maybe with 30-40% less and keeping key elements to keep the knowledge that you mentioned? If you eliminate 10% of my company it would suffer terribly and 50% would have to shut down next day. Imagine 75%. Would cease to exist

Every tech company has had huge layoffs due to inflated opex costs, they're not stockpiling they just made huge errors in headcount forecasting because of the boom from covid and they either didn't account for the post covid drop or they accounted for it by knowing/accepting they'd just do layoffs if need be.

Every tech company has had huge layoffs due to inflated opex costs, they're not stockpiling they just made huge errors in headcount forecasting because of the boom from covid and they either didn't account for the post covid drop or they accounted for it by knowing/accepting they'd just do layoffs if need be.
This is an even bigger issue than companies realise because suddenly laying off those people pisses off those star player long-termers that @crossy1686 mentions, and makes them wonder if they're next.
Makes them and other good staff more likely to move on too, and suddenly you're understaffed AND you've lost decades of accumulated knowledge.

There have been some very good articles about this phenomenon in the wake of the massive tech layoffs over the past year.

I'm also one of these people who fall under this category. I was reasonably happy in my previous role until the company fired hundreds of people in one day, including a good number in Ukraine. I was absolutely disgusted and started looking for a new job myself. I know from speaking to old colleagues that they're struggling massively to find people to replace me and another person who left too. And the person who took over my responsibilities also quit two weeks ago!

I think it looks very similar, to be honest. It’s just a poor design to begin with.

If Musk presented that render today, people would say it’s trash. But back then everyone was lapping up whatever he was selling.
People were saying it was trash back then too.

I don't know Walter Isaacson, so I looked him up. A very highly regarded author, so I should probably know him.

Anyway, if this is true, it is very damning and speaks volumes of Musk's character. He is literally a Russian asset working on American soil.

I don't know Walter Isaacson, so I looked him up. A very highly regarded author, so I should probably know him.

Anyway, if this is true, it is very damning and speaks volumes of Musk's character. He is literally a Russian asset working on American soil.

Probably bigger than that. He’s so wealthy that he deludedly thinks that his opinion on a conflict is more important than Americas. If you believe that, why wouldn’t you just make decisions on things you control, to shape it to fit your thoughts?

See : Facebook/Internet access in smaller African states. Loads of shit under that rug.

in my limited POV is sarcasm or is an stretch. A genuine question, could you elaborate?
I mean I’m being a bit hyperbolic but it’s not beyond possibility that putting financial sanctions on a guy who is the head of multiple companies with shares listed on public US exchanges making up around a trillion dollars market cap might have a wider negative knock on effect on the US economy.

I mean I’m being a bit hyperbolic but it’s not beyond possibility that putting financial sanctions on a guy who is the head of multiple companies with shares listed on public US exchanges making up around a trillion dollars market cap might have a wider negative knock on effect on the US economy.

Yeah, could be, but shares are only that, shares. The companies would continue the same in their operations. Like Chelsea continue spend stupid money for poor results after it was sold by UK government mandate like always.

Tesla might take a hit on the market, the other 2 are private owned and frankly Twitter might work better without him.

To be honest, I don't think that anything would happen, his companies don't depend on his genius mind

Isaacson (sp?) is an extremely credible author. I’m disappointed in myself that I have not read more of his works. I always enjoy when he is on Morning Joe as an interviewee, he is typically a font of knowledge.

Musk is basically a teenager on 4chan. He has a teenagers sense of humour, his view on politics reminds me of YouTube comments and he's more thin skinned than any adult should be.

He's not emotionally capable of handling his responsibilities. He threw away billions in brand recognition because he thinks the letter X is cool, got forced into buying twitter because he wanted to seem cool to his friends and he's flooded the site with hate speech because he wants to be praised by his fellow terminally online edgelords.

It's actually cringeworthy.

He's such a fecking contemptuous snake. The worst part is that he's almost certainly not being paid to say this by Russia or any Russians. He's just so full of himself that he's self-radicalized, and in the process is radicalizing many more. Luckily he's probably helping radicalize people in the opposite direction at the same time.

gyNbztF.jpg

Without knowing the full context of the tweet, not much wrong with the message there as a stand-alone comment. Both sides need to find a way to stop the bodies piling up more.

Without knowing the full context of the tweet, not much wrong with the message there as a stand-alone comment. Both sides need to find a way to stop the bodies piling up more.

One is attacking and the other is defending themselves. Is like, the rapist rapes the victim a second time and you say that the rapist and the victim should fine a way both together to stop the rape. Is not good

It is not a stand-alone comment though. He has been incapable of shutting the feck up about his opinons on how to solve it since the start of the invasion.

Ye the people to come to your country - your home to rape and murder you should take a step back and not do it.