Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

it’s weird, I expected him to have looked into this sort of thing before he opened his gob

When did he ever do that before? Once he gets backlash to another stupid idea, he will probably just go back to claiming that people that don't like it are against free speech.

The block thing is almost certainly because a large portion of his user base is blocking the accounts of all thise crappy ads, stifling what little bit of income the platform has left.

That ist against the TOS for the two big app platforms wouldn't even be something he thought about for a second before announcing it.

He can;t bully google and apple. This one won't happen.

I also think it's because so many people are blocking him as well as many blocking all the far right accounts that Twitter is pushing or the Blue Tick brigade that now get their Tweets promoted over the rest of us.

That was the way most of us could still tolerate the site. If he removes that function and they all come back then my feed will be incredibly different and also completely unbearable too as for some reason on my 'following' tab I still get inundated with far right trolls and idiots like Loony Loomer and Bobo, MtG, Gaetz, Cernobitch, Sharpio etc, etc.

Oh come on mate, that's like you thinking about something before you post. :lol: :lol:

giphy.gif

The block thing is almost certainly because a large portion of his user base is blocking the accounts of all thise crappy ads, stifling what little bit of income the platform has left.

That ist against the TOS for the two big app platforms wouldn't even be something he thought about for a second before announcing it.

He can;t bully google and apple. This one won't happen.

I've seen nothing to suggest he's ever cared about the income of the Platform. I've seen plenty to suggest he wants to turn it into a right-wing shitfest. This is another idea toward the latter and to push reasonable people off the platform.

I hope journalists and news sites can wean themselves off twitter before Summer 2024 as it's just going to get worse and worse and the 2024 UK election is likely gonna be nasty, let alone the US one.

They won't and it will be a shitstorm

Funnily enough I’d be all for that idea if it wasn’t Musk behind it. Now I’m wondering what his shady intentions are.

My digital footprint is as small as possible. All that data out there, and all those nefarious actors in play. No thank you. Why any regular person would willingly submit a selfie and government issued ID information to any social media platform, let alone one owned by a shady character like Musk, is beyond me.

Would love to see ID verification go ahead. But then I'd like to watch the platform burn from the sidelines.

Well that's that then..

So I'd have to disclose all my personal information that could be used for nefarious purposes either by the owners or by whoever can hack this barely protected info, but at least the bots and fake accounts purchased by the platform's corporate clients (or its owner itself) will dissapear, right?

...right?

It’s weird because I thought he would understand when to use a joke that’s been done to death

The ID thing is a good idea to me, but I will never trust "X" with that.

He’s tired of switching accounts to stalk Grimes.

Then when he makes some “killer” comment on her post, no one sees it.

He’ll fix it so their mutual friends will see all his comments on her posts, and his troll army will amplify his comments.

As much a cnut he is and is fecking up twiter, he was right that the company was overstaffed. Maybe not the 75% that he laid off but a big chunk of it was unnecessary

As much a cnut he is and is fecking up twiter, he was right that the company was overstaffed. Maybe not the 75% that he laid off but a big chunk of it was unnecessary
How can you possibly know this?

How can you possibly know this?

I dont think that losing this 75% laid off had a 75% impact loss on the functionality of the company. Obviously i am talking shity through my elbow as you point out i dont have a way to know, but is the perception i have at this moment. Maybe it will implode and i will have to eat this comment, but if it does, i have the sensation that would be more for the Elon stupid decisions on the direction of the platform than for the loss of the majority of these employers

And i am not saying anything new, before elontweeter i read more than once that the tech sector is overemployed, how much, who knows

I dont think that losing this 75% laid off had a 75% impact loss on the functionality of the company. Obviously i am talking shity through my elbow as you point out i dont have a way to know, but is the perception i have at this moment. Maybe it will implode and i will have to eat this comment, but if it does, i have the sensation that would be more for the Elon stupid decisions on the direction of the platform than for the loss of the majority of these employers

And i am not saying anything new, before elontweeter i read more than once that the tech sector is overemployed, how much, who knows

the amount of spam, ads, etc is way up. t-shirt ads are a menace and open joke.
i don't know about 75%->75% but it's got a lot worse. and also it goes down randomly sometimes.

i don't know about 75%->75% but it's got a lot worse. and also it goes down randomly sometimes.

Blocking them doesn't always stick either, just like trying get get the algorithm to show fewer posts from Musk.

Shows how desperate he is, and the real reason he wants the block to go. Eventually they'll make it so ads can't be blocked on the site I suspect.

The t-shirt ads are awful and ruin the experience. They're all bluechecks too so they're in the top replies to people's comments and it's infuriating because you'll have to scroll for awhile to not see them.

Dont you think that most of the shitty experience is more from a musk policy changes (blu checks, limitations of reading, allowing rcism, homofobia etc, and the ad strategy) more than 5000 people got laid off? Im sure it affected, no questions on that but surely was 25-50% overemployed seeing how it still working. Again, my opinion based in little knowlege