Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

Why is he so obsessed with Zuckerberg? I don’t get it. And I don’t get this whole fight thing he keeps going on about, which quite clearly isn’t going to happen either.

Why is he so obsessed with Zuckerberg? I don’t get it. And I don’t get this whole fight thing he keeps going on about, which quite clearly isn’t going to happen either.

desperate need for constant attention and validation

Facebook launched some ersatz Twitter alternative recently, I think.

That and maybe he thinks Zuckerberg is an easy target to farm popularity points... all the while the Meta CEO being a bit of martial artist makes him jealous and he pathologically wants to one up him.

I think he's dramatically wrong on all counts but given sycophant Lex Fridman indulges and enables him, it plays well with that crowd ?

Facebook launched some ersatz Twitter alternative recently, I think.

That and maybe he thinks Zuckerberg is an easy target to farm popularity points... all the while the Meta CEO being a bit of martial artist makes him jealous and he pathologically wants to one up him.

I think he's dramatically wrong on all counts but given sycophant Lex Fridman indulges and enables him, it plays well with that crowd ?

All of that plus you can see he wants to impress his loser acolytes by having public “bantz” with one of the world’s richest/most influential men.

Making Zuckerberg seem cool in comparison is by far the most impressive thing Elon has ever accomplished.

F3bLOwSbIAAhzit

combining both!

I sometimes wonder how Elon-stans live with the duality that makes them believe "he's basically a god on earth that is driving the species foward" with the obvious "he acts like a 12 year old, and is delusional". But then I realise Elon-stans are essentially mirrors of their own self and then all seems right with the world.
lt4d7ln87yhb1.png

I sometimes wonder how Elon-stans live with the duality that makes them believe "he's basically a god on earth that is driving the species foward" with the obvious "he acts like a 12 year old, and is delusional". But then I realise Elon-stans are essentially mirrors of their own self and then all seems right with the world.
lt4d7ln87yhb1.png

Zuckerberg: "I have literally offered a date to fight"

Musk: "He's a chicken"

It's arguments a child would make.

lt4d7ln87yhb1.png
When he does something stupid, just claim that he was trolling the entire time and it's actually amazingly smart because of this. This solves that problem.

Half the tweets shared here on the caf aren't loading for me. Is this happening to everyone?

The fecker probably saw the amount of people like me, who’ve blocked him.

Another absolutely fecking moronic decision in a long line of fecking mornic decisions beginning with purchasing the site in the first place.

What an absolute clown he is.

bit the bullet and made a bluesky.

first impressions: it's a twitter clone with worse design, much slower loading, most posts are a more earnest and less fun...but twitter without a block and with checkie replies is grim, easily worse than bluesky.

If, say, Jon Stewart blocks the Russian bots, they can't saturate his comments with right wing propaganda. Can't have that. He can mute them so he can't see it, but he can't get rid of them to stop them from interrupting any dialogue that might come from any post.

Will further greatly cut down on organic interactions.

If, say, Jon Stewart blocks the Russian bots, they can't saturate his comments with right wing propaganda. Can't have that. He can mute them so he can't see it, but he can't get rid of them to stop them from interrupting any dialogue that might come from any post.

It will destroy it. It will become unusable

bit the bullet and made a bluesky.

first impressions: it's a twitter clone with worse design, much slower loading, most posts are a more earnest and less fun...but twitter without a block and with checkie replies is grim, easily worse than bluesky.

At the moment I think BlueSky is a really mixed bag. The functionality seems fine to me but it's undoubtedly jankier than pre-Musk Twitter.

On the other hand, I hadn't realised how much adverts and algorithms on Twitter affected the user experience until I used BlueSky. Even exclusively using the "Following" tab on Twitter it regularly seems to decide which tweets from people I follow I want to see or not and obviously it chucks a bunch of ads at you regardless. Going on BlueSky and actually seeing every post the people I follow have posted in reverse chronological order is refreshing. Seems to be better for content creators too - a few artists I follow have said they're getting way more engagement on BlueSky than they do on Twitter despite having a fraction of the follower count simply because the people who follow them actually get to see their posts.

The big issue with it at the moment is simply that there aren't that many people on it and it feels "quiet", but it's possible that's also the only thing which is saving it from immediately becoming a toxic hellhole.

edit: wow actually it is running slow today, maybe a big influx of twitter emigrants following the no blocking fiasco

At the moment I think BlueSky is a really mixed bag. The functionality seems fine to me but it's undoubtedly jankier than pre-Musk Twitter.

On the other hand, I hadn't realised how much adverts and algorithms on Twitter affected the user experience until I used BlueSky. Even exclusively using the "Following" tab on Twitter it regularly seems to decide which tweets from people I follow I want to see or not and obviously it chucks a bunch of ads at you regardless. Going on BlueSky and actually seeing every post the people I follow have posted in reverse chronological order is refreshing. Seems to be better for content creators too - a few artists I follow have said they're getting way more engagement on BlueSky than they do on Twitter despite having a fraction of the follower count simply because the people who follow them actually get to see their posts.

The big issue with it at the moment is simply that there aren't that many people on it and it feels "quiet", but it's possible that's also the only thing which is saving it from immediately becoming a toxic hellhole.

edit: wow actually it is running slow today, maybe a big influx of twitter emigrants following the no blocking fiasco
Just received my invite code, I'm guessing they've released a decent chunk today/this week.

it’s weird, I expected him to have looked into this sort of thing before he opened his gob

Artificially inflated engagement rates

The block thing is almost certainly because a large portion of his user base is blocking the accounts of all thise crappy ads, stifling what little bit of income the platform has left.

That ist against the TOS for the two big app platforms wouldn't even be something he thought about for a second before announcing it.

He can;t bully google and apple. This one won't happen.