Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

I'm pretty sure by todays GOP standards old Adolf would be a bit of a centrist on most things.

In all seriousness, the left, especially the American left, hasn't gotten more left at all. People just forgot the meaning of the term "left" and "right". Joe Biden isn't leftwing in any meaningful way. He's a corporate stooge like 90% of "leftwing" politicians. In that sense that nutjob term "uni-party" does kind of ring true, because you can choose between hypercapitalism with infringement on the rights of minorities (the right) or hypercapitalism without (with less) infringement on the rights of minorities (the "left").

I wish the left became more like they used to be in late 18th century French. No way Trump would've gotten away with these things under the commity of public safety :nervous:

Having tolerance for politicians with shitty, downright evil views is vastly overrated.

There is no left wing party in either the US or the UK.

There are some left wing politicians, few and far between, but not an actual left wing party.

There is no left wing party in either the US or the UK.

There are some left wing politicians, few and far between, but not an actual left wing party.
Exactly, and it's a worrying sign of how effective the system has been in moving the Overton window that many people think left wing politics are not only represented but dominant in mainstream politics. Feck, there's a sizeable portion of the US population that believe Biden is a bastion of the far left.

Exactly, and it's a worrying sign of how effective the system has been in moving the Overton window that many people think left wing politics are not only represented but dominant in mainstream politics. Feck, there's a sizeable portion of the US population that believe Biden is a bastion of the far left.

Indeed, the US general public has no idea what left wing looks like.

If it’s slightly less to the right than Trump/DeSantis/MTG/whoever then they’ll call it communist without a hint of irony.

Indeed, the US general public has no idea what left wing looks like.

If it’s slightly less to the right than Trump/DeSantis/MTG/whoever then they’ll call it communist without a hint of irony.
You are correct. What makes be laugh is the notion that you can be a fascist and a communist at the same time!

You are correct. What makes be laugh is the notion that you can be a fascist and a communist at the same time!

:lol::lol: there's probably bars in Rome where you could be hanged by the balls in a flag pole if you even insinuate that fascists and communists are somewhat related. Let alone places in Russia.

Blue checks make money now from ad revenue. So the more engagements they get i.e shit takes, the more money they get. There’s a financial incentive to post inflammatory stuff now.

Block them on sight.

:nervous:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Bolshevism

2560px-National_Bolshevik_Party_flag.svg.png

When the Brexit vote was happening was eye opening to me. Almost all of the content I could see on the site was against Brexit. I thought a no vote was a sure win, because of how much Twitter was against Brexit. It was since then that I fully realised how left wing the site was, and how it didn't seem to correlate with real life.

Just on this point, there is a very simple explanation for that.
_90081129_eu_ref_uk_regions_leave_remain_gra624_by_age.png
age-distribution-of-global-twitter-users.jpg

https://www.garbageday.email/p/various-conservative-grievances-and

Musk bought Twitter because he believed it would grant him some kind of cultural legitimacy. He’s spoken openly about the social network’s influence on politics and media and how he still hopes to turn it into a central feed for human discourse that we can all use while working as debt slaves in his mines on Mars, or whatever. And Musk, like all good conmen, has proceeded to turn around and try and sell that supposed legitimacy downstream to users, as well as figures like Carlson or, more recently, MrBeast, who Musk has been begging to post directly to the platform. But now Threads, with its hundred million users, packed full of brands and real, or real-ish, celebrities, has pretty effortlessly revealed exactly how small and, most importantly, niche Twitter is these days.

And I don’t think it’s going to take too long for not just media figures like Carlson, but also paying Twitter Blue subscribers, to realize that they’re spending all of their time and energy posting on some weird guy’s website.

Twitter not working

"You have reached the limit for seeing posts today."
"Something went wrong. Try reloading."

I can't hate read the rage farmers anymore to get my blood pressure up because of the stupid limit. I want my rage back :(

I've yet to experience the limit, Musk must hate you in particular (a badge of honour).
My limit might be lower because I'm banned? I also can't seem to delete my account, I've requested for deleting my account several times with the solemn pledge that I will never create a new one, but to no avail. Apparantly inciting a coup in the US isn't bad enough to not have your ban lifted, but calling Trump a shite eating cnut is.

Why should they provide stuff for free? They’re a business not a public service.

Not every facet of a business needs to be monetised. If you eat in a restaurant, you don't pay to use the toilets. In a business model like this the participants can be the business you sell to Advertisers for example and then the free use of the platform will increase the worth of the product. Yes charging the customers in a pub to piss will increase your revenue, but might kill your business.

But yeah, they should be and are free to do what they like.