Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

When we're found by an Alien civilization millions of years from now, they're going to sift through the rubble of our ancient civilization and see that social media was the beginning of the end for our race.

When we're found by an Alien civilization millions of years from now, they're going to sift through the rubble of our ancient civilization and see that social media was the beginning of the end for our race.
Absolutely. I estimated in 2008 that social media would cause our race’s destruction within 50 years. Might have been too optimistic.

:lol: What the hell? Just 600 posts a day one can read! :wenger: Seems like he wants to kill advertising as a revenue model completely.

It is one thing for him to blow his own money on this bizarre misadventure but what the feck are banks who gave him the loans are doing?

It’s down for me and I’ve read nowhere near 600 today. 10 at most

And what constitutes a ‘read?’ Simply scrolling over a tweet or time spent viewing each?

Absolutely. I estimated in 2008 that social media would cause our race’s destruction within 50 years. Might have been too optimistic.
You might be right, it's not exactly helped anything in the last 15 years, except for all the cute dog pics. People are worried about AI when they should be worrying about the effect this has on people's mental health and ability to rationale.

And what constitutes a ‘read?’ Simply scrolling over a tweet or time spent viewing each?
It will be requests to the api and how many tweets are returned.

So you hit a page, it loads say 100 tweets at one go, that's 100 even if you don't read them all. That's what your browser asked for and that's what you got.

I get through 100 posts just by scrolling for a min. How fecking dumb is this!? Let's hope by temporary he means by the end of the day.

What exactly is ‘data scraping?’
Automated gathering of data and information from a website. So for example with Twitter you could set up a script to automatically open up the website, search for all tweets with a specific hashtag, and write/save the tweet, account, timestamp, etc. information to a local file. But since it's just a script running, you could do this to a huge scale.

Though I'm not too sure why it's something they want to limit.

Far worse than the Glazers or Dan Snyder when it comes to being a toxic cnut in a position of destroying a franchise or a massive company.
This is what he always wanted though, a 'free speech townsquare' where's he's the king and everyone has to kiss his balls, unless of course you're mean to him or he doesn't agree with your opinion, then he kicks you out.

Just loves attention and drama.

He'll change it back once he's made the papers.

Deserves all the praise he receives. To me, Musk combines - unlike anyone other - intelligence, creativity, vision and so on. Top innovator. This is probably controversial but for me he's the greatest polymath of our time, maybe even the biggest since da Vinci, I'm serious. He is also cool (although the NVidia CEO Jenson Huang might be the coolest and most down to Earth person CEO I have ever met).

Last edited:
This is what he always wanted though, a 'free speech townsquare' where's he's the king and everyone has to kiss his balls, unless of course you're mean to him or he doesn't agree with your opinion, then he kicks you out.
Never thought I would ever do this because I also hate the guy, but I hope Zuckerberg will beat the shit out of Musk's pale ass.

Never thought I would ever do this because I also hate the guy, but I hope Zuckerberg will beat the shit out of Musk's pale ass.
The longer Musk keeps himself in the spotlight, the better Zuck's looks, and that guy is a lizard wearing a man's face.

For all accounts, Meta have been doing some great stuff outside of Facebook with the Meta Quest.

And people still continue to frequent this page. :lol:

Used Twitter for 7 minutes earlier, and I'm already seeing a "Can't retrieve tweets at this time". Has the thick cnut already made the change, or is this another issue?

Twitter and Reddit in a race to lose all their users.

Shame because they're the only social media I use for sport

Twitter and Reddit in a race to lose all their users.

Shame because they're the only social media I use for sport
Reddit I can understand and there are some cool subreddits, but Twitter is an absolute cesspit. Why anyone would even set a toe there is beyond me.