Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

In Spain is 4 months for the mother and 4 months for the father 100% government paid (up to 4000 euros month)

In canada is 1 year 55% up to 590 CAD a week or 18 months 33% up to 390 CAD a week. Some companies topping up

I can't believe there is so little protection in some developed countries (US doesn't surprise me)

Think the guys a bit of an idiot, but I do like the community notes feature on Twitter, not sure if directly related but only noticed it post Elon.

FvQN5XxWYAE_bnE

I'm going to start doing that in real life: I'm going to start accusing everybody else of things I'm blatantly guilty of. Not sure when this incredibly annoying stupidity started, or whether it's malicious (most likely) or just an utter lack of self-awareness (possible, in some cases), but I don't want to miss out any more. Being so repulsive pays off and I want my slice of the pie.

I'm going to start doing that in real life: I'm going to start accusing everybody else of things I'm blatantly guilty of. Not sure when this incredibly annoying stupidity started, or whether it's malicious (most likely) or just an utter lack of self-awareness (possible, in some cases), but I don't want to miss out any more. Being so repulsive pays off and I want my slice of the pie.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The blue tick algorithm boost may end up killing Twitter. Obviously it was never perfect, but now you're guaranteed that the top replies on any vaguely popular tweet you click on will be a selection of the thickest and least funny people alive.

The blue tick algorithm boost may end up killing Twitter. Obviously it was never perfect, but now you're guaranteed that the top replies on any vaguely popular tweet you click on will be a selection of the thickest and least funny people alive.

Ooh. Usually the top replies are the best but recently they’ve been dire.I’ve noticed this without working out why. Yeah, that’s made Twitter a lot shitter.

Ooh. Usually the top replies are the best but recently they’ve been dire.I’ve noticed this without working out why. Yeah, that’s made Twitter a lot shitter.

The problem is, what killed twitter blue isn't twitter blue, it's Elon's antics that made blue look like an endorsement of his stupidity so it's mainly subscribed by grifters and right wing lunatics. Basically in 95% of case, the blue tag is a moron detector.

The problem is, what killed twitter blue isn't twitter blue, it's Elon's antics that made blue look like an endorsement of his stupidity so it's mainly subscribed by grifters and right wing lunatics. Basically in 95% of case, the blue tag is a moron detector.
‘Moron detector’ is perfectly put.

Twitter Blue subscribers getting their tweets amplified is definitely impacting my experience. I have to go rooting for decent replies because I know the only ones with engagements are subscribed accounts these days.

Twitter Blue subscribers getting their tweets amplified is definitely impacting my experience. I have to go rooting for decent replies because I know the only ones with engagements are subscribed accounts these days.
Same. It was fine initially but they're infesting more tweets now.

What did it say ?
1) the chart has no white-on-white stats, 2) same-race crime is due to proximity, 3) South Africans know about segregation, 4) these are totals, it's misleading bc all groups aren't the same size, 5) there's few Black people in white towns and more white people in Black towns

1) the chart has no white-on-white stats, 2) same-race crime is due to proximity, 3) South Africans know about segregation, 4) these are totals, it's misleading bc all groups aren't the same size, 5) there's few Black people in white towns and more white people in Black towns

Ahh ok. The SA connection was inevitable given that its Musk.

I don't think the bolded point helps the overall point but that's irrelevant because what's really important is none of these numbers are adjusted by poverty/socio-economic levels which has been proven over and over to heavily affect violent crime stats. It also, of course, doesn't reflect the disparity in punishment from the criminal justice system or how power imbalances influence things.

Also, I don't see the media misrepresenting anything myself since most of the high-profile incidents (but not all) are cases where white law enforcement has killed a black citizen.

It could be the greatest thread in the history of Twitter, I'm not reading a 137 tweet thread. Just post an article or a blog post or a twitlonger or something, sheesh.
Give it a whirl. I haven’t read them all, but the thread deserves at least a quick perusal.

Scrolling through a bellingcat thread on the Texas shooter and the replies are just filled with blue check marks screaming about how any links to neo-nazis is fake or "psyops". His "town hall" BS is actually about flooding discussions with random rantings by right wingers that everything is a leftist conspiracy. Twitter has always been the home of shit discourse but at least the brainless cretins didn't used to feel emboldened to act like they had authority. Now they do.