Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

Definitely. Their market share is decreasing, so they're losing out on an increasing amount of money by not taking the money of Volkswagen customers, Audi customers, etc.
They’re very focused on China and are doing very well there, it’s now the biggest EV market in the world. If you actually look at sales they’re growing year on year. Not sure why anyone would touch a VW EV, so many software issues they can’t solve. The Tesla 2 or whatever it’s going to be called will be a huge seller for them, as supposed to be US$25k, then probably the cybertruck out next year. Pretty sure their sales in the US will be fine going forward, they’ll take a fair share of the market.

They’re very focused on China and are doing very well there, it’s now the biggest EV market in the world. If you actually look at sales they’re growing year on year. Not sure why anyone would touch a VW EV, so many software issues they can’t solve. The Tesla 2 or whatever it’s going to be called will be a huge seller for them, as supposed to be US$25k, then probably the cybertruck out next year. Pretty sure their sales in the US will be fine going forward, they’ll take a fair share of the market.
We're currently in the 4th year of the cybertruck coming next year.

We're currently in the 4th year of the cybertruck coming next year.

That was always a dumb Elon Musk thing. The Model 2 is a far more sensible idea, probably suggested and worked on by someone with half a brain.

It’s perfectly logical that sales will drop given that others are also making EVs which will balance out market share in the coming years. Until that happens, Tesla will remain the lead EV company across multiple consumer classes.
I disagree, they're in reverse massively.

Yep. It's just unreal to me that people worship this guy. Unfortunately we have built a society, where a large share of people believe wealth is a direct and proportional result of competence.

I find it unreal that so many people seem to be so determined to discredit him and his success. I'm not saying that's what you're doing here btw, your comment just provoked that thought.

Im not really arsed about Elon Musk. But he seems to have fanatics and both ends of the spectrum. Both equally as weird as eachother.

People were hysterical on here and other platforms about his takeover of Twitter and his management if it. Loads of weirdos with tweets like "putting this out there before this platform shuts down" and the like. When reality of the situation is that, for the user, its business as usual.

I find it unreal that so many people seem to be so determined to discredit him and his success. I'm not saying that's what you're doing here btw, your comment just provoked that thought.

Im not really arsed about Elon Musk. But he seems to have fanatics and both ends of the spectrum. Both equally as weird as eachother.

People were hysterical on here and other platforms about his takeover of Twitter and his management if it. Loads of weirdos with tweets like "putting this out there before this platform shuts down" and the like. When reality of the situation is that, for the user, its business as usual.
I think it's because his success is massively, absolutely massively overblown.

No the site hasn't actually gone down, but if you count:

- All the previously banned right wing conspiracy theorists being allowed back on
- Users getting those types of people popping up in their feed when they don't follow them.
- Use of the N word spiking massively.
- Constant and confusing UI changes, the latest being a massive view count thing that takes up loads of space.
- Verification system changing, then reverting back, then changing again with a needless tier system.
- Adding a paid subscription that allows those users to be top of the replies, and makes their mutes & blocks akin to downvotes.
- Site wide decisions being made by poll to his followers.
- Planning to make the polls only vote-able by paid subscribers (hey maybe they can make the rest of the votes count 3/5s)
- The banning of multiple left wing accounts for reporting on Musk.
- Musk himself retweeting conspiracy theories about the attack on Pelosi's husband before deleting them, also multiple hypocritical 'free speech' incidents where he only likes the speech that benefits him.

Then yes it's business as usual and we're just as weird as the *****.

What he can certainly take credit for is having the vision for this stuff, surrounding himself with great people to do the actual innovation, and being able to tell the story and do the marketing around it, so people have bought into it.

The disconnect starts when people start to think he must then also be a great automotive engineer, a great rocket engineer, a great software engineer, a great CEO, etc. etc. He is none of those things.

No the site hasn't actually gone down, but if you count:

- All the previously banned right wing conspiracy theorists being allowed back on
- Users getting those types of people popping up in their feed when they don't follow them.
- Use of the N word spiking massively.
- Constant and confusing UI changes, the latest being a massive view count thing that takes up loads of space.
- Verification system changing, then reverting back, then changing again with a needless tier system.
- Adding a paid subscription that allows those users to be top of the replies, and makes their mutes & blocks akin to downvotes.
- Site wide decisions being made by poll to his followers.
- Planning to make the polls only vote-able by paid subscribers (hey maybe they can make the rest of the votes count 3/5s)
- The banning of multiple left wing accounts for reporting on Musk.
- Musk himself retweeting conspiracy theories about the attack on Pelosi's husband before deleting them, also multiple hypocritical 'free speech' incidents where he only likes the speech that benefits him.

Then yes it's business as usual and we're just as weird as the *****.

Every use case is different. I've not seen a single negative difference. I still see what I wanna see, I still get out of it what I wanna get out of it. Since he took over my experience of Twitter has not changed even slightly.

Every use case is different. I've not seen a single negative difference. I still see what I wanna see, I still get out of it what I wanna get out of it. Since he took over my experience of Twitter has not changed even slightly.

Of your feed was already littered with right wing nonsense you won’t notice much of a difference

A lot of what I listed hasn't affected me personally but it's still not great for the long term fairness of the site. It also shows you the way things will go, and some people aren't content to just sit there and let it all happen just because nothing 'objectively bad' has happened.

This is just so ridiculously amateur. Why is the guy leading “app and servers” putting this sort of decision directly to the public.

This is a UX decision and one of the few things which could be easily AB tested.

This is just so ridiculously amateur. Why is the guy leading “app and servers” putting this sort of decision directly to the public.

This is a UX decision and one of the few things which could be easily AB tested.

Do they even still have a UX team though?

I don't think is that straight forward. At least from what I see, not everyone is discrediting his success. Tesla, Space X, these are very successful companies and it made him the richest man on the planet. Don't think anyone can dispute that.

It is his self pro-claimed expertise that many dislike him for. I don't remember peopling dissing Steve Jobs foray's into virology. Or Eric Schmidt's ideas on improving software stacks. Or Tim Cook's plans to stabilize the political situation in Europe.

It is more schadenfreude than discrediting him. The sort of behaviours most commonly found amongst football fans, and this is a football forum for the biggest club in the world.

I don't think is that straight forward. At least from what I see, not everyone is discrediting his success. Tesla, Space X, these are very successful companies and it made him the richest man on the planet. Don't think anyone can dispute that.

It is his self pro-claimed expertise that many dislike him for. I don't remember peopling dissing Steve Jobs foray's into virology. Or Eric Schmidt's ideas on improving software stacks. Or Tim Cook's plans to stabilize the political situation in Europe.

It is more schadenfreude than discrediting him. The sort of behaviours most commonly found amongst football fans, and this is a football forum for the biggest club in the world.
Steve Jobs actually died for that reason.

Steve Jobs actually died for that reason.
Yep. But he never said one more thing during an Apple event then pull out a carrot from his pocket before telling everyone that it will cure cancer right?

This is the dream of him and followers of that ilk. Anti-government/control and power to the people, all decisions put to a vote and inevitably the dumbest shit will happen but at least we get to watch it out in the open.

What he can certainly take credit for is having the vision for this stuff, surrounding himself with great people to do the actual innovation, and being able to tell the story and do the marketing around it, so people have bought into it.

The disconnect starts when people start to think he must then also be a great automotive engineer, a great rocket engineer, a great software engineer, a great CEO, etc. etc. He is none of those things.
To be fair, the job of a CEO to a large degree is the thing you mentioned in the first line (bolded).

To be fair, the job of a CEO to a large degree is the thing you mentioned in the first line (bolded).

To some extent, yes. It's also about leadership, communication, commercial decision making, and so on. He has failed spectacularly in these with Twitter, because he can't keep his ego out of it. The great CEO's do not spend a large chunk of their time on personal publicity and on sharing their political views to the world, because it's a distraction from actually running the company, and because it risks alienating a large share of the employees.

To some extent, yes. It's also about leadership, communication, commercial decision making, and so on. He has failed spectacularly in these with Twitter, because he can't keep his ego out of it. The great CEO's do not spend a large chunk of their time on personal publicity and on sharing their political views to the world, because it's a distraction from actually running the company, and because it risks alienating a large share of the employees.
Agree, he has been awful so far at Twitter IMO.

Doesn't mean that he wasn't great at X (Paypal), Tesla and SpaceX though. Or being pivotal in creating OpenAI (the main competitor or DeepMind). He showed, leadership, communication and commercial decision making there, to be fair, with those companies being extremely successful (especially Tesla and SpaceX).

It's what strikes me as beyond dumb, you AB test and hire UX people as you say for that, you don't have a public poll for it.

He is out of his depth honestly.