Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

Yeah, don't worry he'll sell you "full self driving" so you can endanger yourself and others so his company share price can be propped up.
That's a bit unfair. When these accidents happen the self driving mode isn't even on.
Last moment switch off ftw

The day I understood this, was the equivalent of my redpill moment. These people, pretty much none of them are what they say they are.

I have begun to regard Elon Musk as basically just Donald Trump with a South African accent.

Inherited money. Daddy issues. Bullshit artist with good branding. Delusions of grandeur. Cult-like following. Sore loser. They really do have a ton of stuff in common.

So this is Elon leading the "software and servers team"...

What does he even mean by high-velocity features? Since when is speed Twitter's main issue?

It's fecking slow when embedded in the caf on my android phone...

Who would have thought that buying a tech platform with zero idea how it works or how to run it would be such a colossal failure?

Also, Tesla down under 130, which I'm pretty sure mean he get margin called, stock market could get real ugly today.

Who would have thought that buying a tech platform with zero idea how it works or how to run it would be such a colossal failure?

Also, Tesla down under 130, which I'm pretty sure mean he get margin called, stock market could get real ugly today.

There is a lot of technical support for TSLA at 130. If it crashes through that, next stop is 100, which wouldn't be out of the question given that the market is going south again and a probable recession is looming at some point next year.

are you sure he gets margin called at 130?

he's been largely responsible for the recent drop by selling a huge chunk last week

maybe he renegotiated his loans or something

he's been largely responsible for the recent drop by selling a huge chunk last week

I'm pretty sure he would have renegotiated his loans and that's why he sold off. His bankers are going to do everything possible to not let him fail miserably and it'd make sense for them to renegotiate a few days ago when we saw him sell. As Raoul said, I think Tesla needs to drop below 80-90 for them to really be in trouble.

I don’t think he would get margin called given that he simply owns shares and didn’t have to borrow anything to own them. One of the many reasons TSLA has been tanking is because Musk has been selling multiple $4b tranches to fund his Twitter adventure.

I don’t think he would get margin called given that he simply owns shares and didn’t have to borrow anything to own them. One of the many reasons TSLA has been tanking is because Musk has been selling multiple $4b tranches to fund his Twitter adventure.

I don't have the time to check right now but I'm pretty sure he did a leveraged buyout of Twitter and he did borrow a chunk of that 44bn from a banking group so Twitter is more loaded with debt now. But I think he would have renegotiated before selling recently

On the contrary, its still the industry leader in a space that is currently exploding. Buying it in a devalued state during a recession would be good business for Apple, who are struggling to get their own EV off the ground.
The myth it's an industry leader, nothing about the company is industry leading. Its a myth, a mirage, there is nothing that other companies cannot do/aren't doing.

Their first mover advantages have long evaporated

50% gain today - cheers Space Karen.

I think the poster was referring to using his Tesla shares as collateral for his loan to buy Twitter

Whatever the structure of the loan I expect him selling billions worth of shares last week is somehow connected

Wouldn't be surprised if he borrowed money against his shares to buy them on leverage or something mental like that

On the contrary, its still the industry leader in a space that is currently exploding. Buying it in a devalued state during a recession would be good business for Apple, who are struggling to get their own EV off the ground.
It is still more valued than Toyota, VW, Mercedes and BMW combined, and has a P/E ratio of 38. Hardly a discount, just a less crazy evaluation than before. Still massively overvalued.

1000x-1.jpg

The myth it's an industry leader, nothing about the company is industry leading. Its a myth, a mirage, there is nothing that other companies cannot do/aren't doing.

The only advantage Tesla has over the rest of the EV market now is its supercharger network.

Which in itself is a pretty solid advantage tbf, but still.

I have nothing to do with marketing and even I know this. This guys is a monumental buffoon.

Both the points mentioned are correct.

Google allow you to do specific targeting as the person insisted but they have tried for many years to have automated/algorithm based advertising that recommend adverts to users based on various data points with little control on targeting from the advertiser. That includes creating an advert from a collection of assets/text. In the past they called it Universal App Campaigns, they are currently calling it Performance Max. I'm not saying what works, a lot of marketers are against the black box algorithm based approach due to the lack of control or detailed reporting however platforms are trying to push down this route especially with data privacy coming to the fore. Unless I heard Elon incorrectly, that's what he's suggesting and it isn't anything new in the industry but is to Twitter.

Google Ads automation
Google Ads automation uses machine learning to grow your business. You can add your unique expertise such as budget, business goals, and conversions you want to measure. Google Ads automation will then find potential customers for your goals and serve the most appropriate ad, with the optimal bid, to maximize campaign performance.
https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/10724817?hl=en

It’s still dominating the EV space in major markets and has the only dedicated network of superchargers. Until that changes it will remain #1 no matter how many straws we clutch to hate on Musk.

https://fortune.com/2022/12/01/elon-musk-tesla-ev-domination-could-be-ending-report/

It’s still dominating the EV space in major markets and has the only dedicated network of superchargers. Until that changes it will remain #1 no matter how many straws we clutch to hate on Musk.

https://fortune.com/2022/12/01/elon-musk-tesla-ev-domination-could-be-ending-report/
In every location it's sales are dropping. Norway, an EV hotspot market has been moving away from Tesla and the supercharger network is becoming a poisoned chalice given how Musk wants to open them up to non-Teslas meaning the availability will drop.

Given most people charge at home this is definitely a straw.

The guy had ten years unimpeded and did so little.

In every location it's sales are dropping. Norway, an EV hotspot market has been moving away from Tesla and the supercharger network is becoming a poisoned chalice given how Musk wants to open them up to non-Teslas meaning the availability will drop.

Is that assuming they and others won't add more chargers? Pretty sure they monitor usage and cars in that area. I'd like to think adding to the charger network (including BP etc in their own stations) is much easier than the EV take up considering how expensive EV cars are.

What exactly is a margin call I’m curious? Is it what happened in Succession when Kendal once the stock hit a certain number had to phone the bank to renegotiate his debt/loan?

Licencing the network out and making it the standard would be a huge money-maker to be fair if they took a percentage from each charge.

It won’t ever be the standard as every country will have chargers owned by their national electricity network but yeah, I guess it could be a money spinner, if competitively priced. And I don’t know how they could undercut the companies they’re buying electricity from?

What exactly is a margin call I’m curious? Is it what happened in Succession when Kendal once the stock hit a certain number had to phone the bank to renegotiate his debt/loan?
It's when you don't have the balance to cover the current leverage you have outstanding.

Let's say you bought Twitter for $44b but you didn't have $44b in cash so instead you said, here's $8b just put the rest against my Tesla shares that are worth more than that. Then those Tesla shares become less than that amount needed to cover that debt because of a draw down in the stock price. You get margin called, which is where the debtor liquidates all your shares to cover the debt unless you can provide more cash from somewhere fast.

It's when you don't have the balance to cover the current leverage you have outstanding.

Let's say you bought Twitter for $44b but you didn't have $44b in cash so instead you said, here's $8b just put the rest against my Tesla shares that are worth more than that. Then those Tesla shares become less than that amount needed to cover that debt because of a draw down in the stock price. You get margin called, which is where the debtor liquidates all your shares to cover the debt unless you can provide more cash from somewhere fast.
Understood

It’s perfectly logical that sales will drop given that others are also making EVs which will balance out market share in the coming years. Until that happens, Tesla will remain the lead EV company across multiple consumer classes.

Licencing the network out and making it the standard would be a huge money-maker to be fair if they took a percentage from each charge.

At first glance it would do, but they would have to deal with the possibility that Tesla owners may be inconvenienced in the process. Imagine being a model 3 owner who has to wait at a Tesla Supercharger because Ford and BMW owners are using it. Given that the Supercharger network is one of the main selling points in buying a Tesla, they would have to be very careful in making it available to 3rd party EV owners.

So this is Elon leading the "software and servers team"...

What does he even mean by high-velocity features? Since when is speed Twitter's main issue?
He’s a moron and a fraud but the term is a valid one.
im guessing he means the current tech stack can’t support more advanced / complex api strings which would form the bedrock of any future expansion e.g. payments, banking, trading. Slow speed would kill Twitter if that’s the long term vision here