Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...journalists-sets-dangerous-precedent-un-warns

Twitter’s suspension of journalists sets ‘dangerous precedent’, UN warns

Pressure grows on Elon Musk as EU says social media platform could face sanctions over suspensions

The United Nations is “very disturbed” by Twitter’s abrupt suspension of a group of US journalists, a spokesperson has said, warning that the move sets a “dangerous precedent” – as the EU said the social media platform could fall foul of forthcoming digital regulations.

I clicked on the mastodon link in his bio:

MmCmwkS.png

The EU is going to slap him hard at some point soon, I reckon.

I don't think forum integration is a particularly big hurdle.

It is not just forum integration. Twitter is integrated to lots of software.

But let's start here. When do you expect to have Mastodon integration here in redcafe?

It is not just forum integration. Twitter is integrated to lots of software.

But let's start here. When do you expect to have Mastodon integration here in redcafe?

As soon as enough people start using it. Integration hasn't really been a problem for any up-and-coming app before, so I don't see why it would be on now. If MySpace was still popular there would be MySpace integration.

As soon as enough people start using it. Integration hasn't really been a problem for any up-and-coming app before, so I don't see why it would be on now. If MySpace was still popular there would be MySpace integration.

I used it. See above. Unfortunately, it is often a chicken and egg situation. Everybody is against Musk here in redcafe, but nobody is proactively doing something about it, like this simple Mastodon integration.

I used it. See above. Unfortunately, it is often a chicken and egg situation. Everybody is against Musk here in redcafe, but nobody is proactively doing something about it, like this simple Mastodon integration.

We honestly probably don't have to do anything, it will fail on its own. Ad-buys are tanking, and the purchase has left Twitter with an extra $1 billion in yearly debt payments. It's a disaster, and it's unsustainable.

Also, the passive users can't lead the way. The active users, which is to say people who tweet a lot and have a lot of followers, are still using it. But a change is very slowly happening. It was never going to happen overnight. Mastodon has been around for half a decade, but basically doubled its active userbase as soon as Musk took over Twitter. By now it has quadrupled. It's still tiny compared to Twitter, but it doesn't need to beat them, only outlast them.

I clicked on the mastodon link in his bio:

MmCmwkS.png

The EU is going to slap him hard at some point soon, I reckon.
This is a blatant violation of EU competition law.

They are both very well respected reporters. But, they are old school. By that I mean they follow the facts of the story wherever they lead and don't protect sacred cows or get intimidated by herd mentality.

:lol:

Well, tesla shareholders certainly seem to think it is Elons shenanigans that has caused the stock to nosedive

Can’t remember who it was who said that he has a desperate need to be this funny and popular guy but doesn’t have the sense of humour for it. I don’t think I’ve ever known someone try and fail to be funny as often as he does. And he goes all out with the wannabe comedian stuff. Even that wretched attempt at visual humour with the sink. It’s like the part of his brain that deals with comedy is broken.

Can’t remember who it was who said that he has a desperate need to be this funny and popular guy but doesn’t have the sense of humour for it. I don’t think I’ve ever known someone try and fail to be funny as often as he does. And he goes all out with the wannabe comedian stuff. Even that wretched attempt at visual humour with the sink. It’s like the part of his brain that deals with comedy is broken.
@rimaldo?

The only thing sustaining twitter right now is him pressing the outrage/shock button because who can look away from a perpetual car crash? When things settle and it's Mike Lindel, Gateway Pundit, James O'keefe and the right-wing clan spouting bile every single day, and likely promoted by Musk, people will just leave. When it tilts over to becoming TruthSocial 2.0 it's basically the end and won't survive.

Last edited:

News just in, 'socially awkward rich dork maths genius is not comic genius!'

I fecking hate these tech feckers and the time we give them because at this particular juncture in the human story the one thing they were good at was valued so highly. just because wealth has become the universal meritocray we elevate these feckers in a hugel;y disproportinate way. One is comes down to anything other than maths or millions Musk is an obvious non entity.

My 15 year old came home from English with a speech from Steve Jobs to analyse. feck off. He's not a writer or orator, and the speech was unsurprisingly bland as feck. Not only that but they give rise to ideology of the power of the individual in the Capitalist myth. cnuts.

Sorry.

News just in, 'socially awkward rich dork maths genius is not comic genius!'

I fecking hate these tech feckers and the time we give them because at this particular juncture in the human story the one thing they were good at was valued so highly. just because wealth has become the universal meritocray we elevate these feckers in a hugel;y disproportinate way. One is comes down to anything other than maths or millions Musk is an obvious non entity.

My 15 year old came home from English with a speech from Steve Jobs to analyse. feck off. He's not a writer or orator, and the speech was unsurprisingly bland as feck. Not only that but they give rise to ideology of the power of the individual in the Capitalist myth. cnuts.

Sorry.

There are plenty of socially awkward maths dorks capable of being occasionally funny. It’s just interesting that he tries so hard to be funny yet fails every single time. It would actually be quite difficult to create that many unfunny “jokes” if it was set as some sort of task.

But yeah, the cult of personality around rich nerds who completely lack any hint of personality is weird. And schoolkids being asked to read speeches from Steve Jobs is depressing.

Such a chill guy that listens to what the people want despite it not being in his best interests.

There are plenty of socially awkward maths dorks capable of being occasionally funny. It’s just interesting that he tries so hard to be funny yet fails every single time. It would actually be quite difficult to create that many unfunny “jokes” if it was set as some sort of task.

But yeah, the cult of personality around rich nerds who completely lack any hint of personality is weird. And schoolkids being asked to read speeches from Steve Jobs is depressing.

Yeah, I was being hard on maths dorks. These fecks give them a bad name. As for the lack of awareness at his own limits, that's just the money and the yes men removing the usual screening process we get from our mates.

Just say it to my face mate.

Yeah, I was being hard on maths dorks. These fecks give them a bad name. As for the lack of awareness at his own limits, that's just the money and the yes men removing the usual screening process we get from our mates.

He just seems ignorant about everything classical and arts, or whatever gives a person gravity, even perspective.

He just seems ignorant about everything classical and arts, or whatever gives a person gravity, even perspective.

Yeah, he's crass, and he's not alone, their rise was inorganic. There is also an odd snobbery there, )even for me who that level of wealth inspires rage), because we expect, almost subconsciously, people of that wealth to act with a bit more 'class' because they usually have generations of coping with extreme wealth and have that gravitas. Even the idiots in the Royal Family have a decorum, of sorts, mostly.