Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

Because it looks like Twitter and would allow for the most convenient escape hatch for the Twitter masses who may opt to escape once they realize they are at the mercy of a funhouse autocrat.
It's like linux for me, I understand why it's good, but it will never hit mainstream nor replace Twitter. I find it hilarious how he always lumps them in with the rest of the big boys.

It obviously won’t fly in the US, but it could disrupt Twitter’s reach in Europe and cause Musk to rethink, which he often does after a public outcry.
You are probably right. The parallels between him owning twitter and trump in the white house are insane. It feels like dejavu

Personally would have use bing to search for google, then used google to search for duckduckgo before using duckduckgo to search for the creator of mastodon.
Because they aren't blocking each other.

Best thing is seeing all the anti woke, maga, right wingers who lorded over everyone how they have their guy in post, how free speech is back, probably so they can call people trannies or the n word again, are suddenly discovering that this guy does not give a shit about them and they're now begging him to reverse his decisions which are antithetical to free speech.

It's brilliant.

If we are serious about mastodon then we should start our own instance. Only cost a few hundred euro a month.

Voted no.

Please, let him stay and burn it to the ground!

(I have a suspicion that all the Musk polls have pre-determined results, but I don't have any way to prove this... )