Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

Tesla I started shorting at £1500
Good for you. I found Tesla extremely expensive (and said so in the stocks thread) even when I was Elon's fan, but opted against shorting cause a) I think shorting is really dangerous (talking if you do it with serious money, not for fun), and b) the stock was always affected by feelings rather than by financial data. There is just no way how Tesla could have bene justified to be a trillion dollar company, when the entire car market till then was 1 trillion. They are much better than other companies to get profits per car unit sold, but still they sell less than a million cars per year. They essentially need Toyota/WV amount of cars sold to justify their current price, let alone the 1T+ they had a few months ago.

I am thinking of abandoning the app. I am starting to see Marsha Blackburn tweets on my feed. Yesterday was Andrew Tate. I have never, never looked at their profiles. Elon Musk rweets are permanently marked on my feed.
What the feck is this?

Change the view content preferences from recommended to latest first.

Not sure what happened with Taibbi, his sub stack makes for interesting reading at times.

Why was he ostracized from the mainstream? Or even was he ostracized or did he self remove?

He self removed because substack pays really well.

Good for you. I found Tesla extremely expensive (and said so in the stocks thread) even when I was Elon's fan, but opted against shorting cause a) I think shorting is really dangerous (talking if you do it with serious money, not for fun), and b) the stock was always affected by feelings rather than by financial data. There is just no way how Tesla could have bene justified to be a trillion dollar company, when the entire car market till then was 1 trillion. They are much better than other companies to get profits per car unit sold, but still they sell less than a million cars per year. They essentially need Toyota/WV amount of cars sold to justify their current price, let alone the 1T+ they had a few months ago.
No, I did but bottled it and closed my position (should of stayed) for the reasons you stated, shorting is dangerous and can really lead you into trouble.

It's clear the financials are pretty fraudulent, heard rumours of they register sales as "delivered to showrooms" not actually sold. Honestly a bum company run by a bum.

I just checked ElonJet's Instagram and Twitter (Wayback Machine) posts. The jet landed at LAX monday night, unless I've misunderstood completely, and the alleged attack happened Tuesday night.

I am thinking of abandoning the app. I am starting to see Marsha Blackburn tweets on my feed. Yesterday was Andrew Tate. I have never, never looked at their profiles. Elon Musk rweets are permanently marked on my feed.
What the feck is this?

Click on the wee star on the top right and change your feed from “Home” to “Latest”. That should get rid of any “recommended” tweets and get you back to a chronological list of tweets from people you follow. I’m fairly sure this tweak to the interface kicked off before Musk took over. It’s a pain in the hole but easily fixed.

EDIT: Oops. Just notice that @Mihai already told you!

What a heck are open-source intelligence researchers?
Bellingcat is an example of one. It’s essentially a group of highly skilled white hat investigators that do it for free and share their findings with the community for the greater good.

Bellingcat is an example of one. It’s essentially a group of highly skilled white hat investigators that do it for free and share their findings with the community for the greater good.
Interesting, thanks!

Their site and the podcast about the russian missile that downed that plane is fascinating.

They can pinpoint photos by using the shadows/sun direction to geolocate regions, they also do courses as well.
That’s really interesting. Seems like a highly skilled part time job for the greater good.

Bari "I'm releasing Twitter files showing free speech impingement" Weiss, takes a day to finally give her opinion on actual journalists being banned and then her daddy turns on her inside three tweets. Taibbi is keeping quiet it seems.

Hilarious.

Weiss is a bit of a cnut, but isn't Taibbi supposed to be a well respected journalist, or am I mistaken?
They are both very well respected reporters. But, they are old school. By that I mean they follow the facts of the story wherever they lead and don't protect sacred cows or get intimidated by herd mentality.

It's remarkable watching one of the world's wealthiest men turning into a villain so openly.

I'm glad that most people are coming to terms with the fact that most billionaires are fecking cnuts

What the feck is this?
I don't understand why anyone would still be on twitter to be honest. Like facebook post 2016, it's bound to die* (and I've been banging that drum for even longer than that)... you're just prolonging it's life and keeping it relevant to someone else with your contributions, even if you're just reading and retweeting.

*With die I don't necessarily mean cease to exist completely. It'll be like myspace, yahoo etc., in a zombie state who's remaining users you can safely pigeonhole.

They are both very well respected reporters. But, they are old school. By that I mean they follow the facts of the story wherever they lead and don't protect sacred cows or get intimidated by herd mentality.
This is complete nonsense.

This is simply not true.

Even setting aside my opinions on Bari Weiss, she is not a respected reporter, because she isn't a reporter. She worked for the Wall Street Journal as an opinion writer and book review editor. Then she moved to the New York Times to write for the opinion section. Then she resigned to make a Substack where she writes political opinion.

The idea that Weiss doesn't "protect sacred cows" is laughable given that she has spent her entire career defending the state of Israel, the biggest sacred cow in U.S. politics.

You tried to make people believe that Musk was trying to turn twitter into a free speech plateform, you really think anyone is going to take what you say seriously?

Any decent journalist would be ashamed of the way he handled these so called "twitter files"

Why is this in Irish?
Please, this cannot be allowed here. For god's sake someone has to call him out for this, this is not right mods. I know this poster has a longstanding history here, but this is not right. I can't be the only one that thinks this?

Expensive original price, high debt at high rates being kept alive by TSLA stock sales, loss of advertising revenue both due to macro and Elon, and now probably the lack of revenue from Twitter Blue.

It will be interesting, Elon has gone from many wanting to invest in him to even his biggest TSLA investors questioning him.

He needs to sort this debt servicing and hire a CEO for Twitter by Q1 2023 otherwise it will just continue to be a mess.