Gaming Elden Ring - Fromsoftware

By the way the perfume bottle glitch got nerfed in today's patch, so anyone wanting to use it to get past a boss should turn off updates for the time being.

By the way the perfume bottle glitch got nerfed in today's patch, so anyone wanting to use it to get past a boss should turn off updates for the time being.

I updated and then found out. I already beat the dlc twice with it though before that. Its still strong but not broken anymore.

Ok, nearly done now. Did Radahn yesterday, parry strat, level 183 and 17 blessing. Second phase is a hot mess. The moves are not as insurmountable as they first seem, but the visual noise on screen makes it really hard to see what’s going on. Parrying him is actually pretty easy, but just trying to see his tells through the flashing on screen is the real challenge.

Overall the DLC was ok. Bosses were mostly great. However Jospeh Anderson’s criticism of the base game still stands, they need something other than just rolling as a primary counter to enemy moves, as the fights are increasingly just rolling for 20 seconds before getting in one hit and then rolling for another 20 seconds. They jumped the shark with Radahn, that fight is shit and feels like they’re out of ideas.
Yeah I'm getting fed up with this and I think it's a legit criticism. Been stuck on Messmer for days and I am going to beat him but I just can't be bothered to go much further with this if this is what the bosses are going to be like: cameras going mental, HUGE and messy visual screen effects obscuring vision, constant rolls for 20 seconds before swinging your weapon to do a grand total of 2% damage before repeating the process yet again. It just isn't fun anymore even when you do manage the win in the end. I don't feel triumph anymore, just 'feck you you cheap b*tch' :lol:

Massive respect to people who are good at this and enjoy the challenge but meh, i'm getting a bit bored of it now.

Yeah I'm getting fed up with this and I think it's a legit criticism. Been stuck on Messmer for days and I am going to beat him but I just can't be bothered to go much further with this if this is what the bosses are going to be like: cameras going mental, HUGE and messy visual screen effects obscuring vision, constant rolls for 20 seconds before swinging your weapon to do a grand total of 2% damage before repeating the process yet again. It just isn't fun anymore even when you do manage the win in the end. I don't feel triumph anymore, just 'feck you you cheap b*tch' :lol:

Massive respect to people who are good at this and enjoy the challenge but meh, i'm getting a bit bored of it now.
I'm right there with you. I got lucky on like the 20th try on Messmer where he focused on summons rather than me and beat him, but it was just fortune. I had no idea what was happening most of the time, with the flames and camera spins.

Radahn is next level on that front. I'll probably beat him one day for completeness, but don't think I'll enjoy it.

Think I've reached my fill on Elden Ring now. One of my fav gaming experiences ever.

Solo'd messmer yesterday, the Claymore with Sacred Blade ash of war melted him. Found him much easier than Rellana tbh.

Id already beaten Messmer, Romina and consort Radahn on ng+ with the lightning bottle build but since they just nerfed i switched to the impenetrable thorns build and beaten the putrescent knight, commander Gaius and Bayle. The spam of the spell becomes quite repetitive but because it scales with arcane you can switch to Rivers of blood for melee. Its quite cool actually.

Ok, nearly done now. Did Radahn yesterday, parry strat, level 183 and 17 blessing. Second phase is a hot mess. The moves are not as insurmountable as they first seem, but the visual noise on screen makes it really hard to see what’s going on. Parrying him is actually pretty easy, but just trying to see his tells through the flashing on screen is the real challenge.

Overall the DLC was ok. Bosses were mostly great. However Jospeh Anderson’s criticism of the base game still stands, they need something other than just rolling as a primary counter to enemy moves, as the fights are increasingly just rolling for 20 seconds before getting in one hit and then rolling for another 20 seconds. They jumped the shark with Radahn, that fight is shit and feels like they’re out of ideas.

The mini dungeons were fun but still a bit shallow. The new legacy dungeons weren’t that impressive apart from Shadow Keep, which was awesome.

Exploration I found kind of tedious, with lots of dead ends and large areas with nothing going on in them. Compared to the base game where you constantly found stuff in every corner, it made exploring unrewarding.

The new weapons rocked. The fact that none of them are available for an NG run in the base game is a real shame.

7/10. Time to try the RL1 run and maybe do a casual faith run with all the cool looking faith weapons I couldn’t use.

I'm finding guard counters way more userful in the dlc than rolling. Well maybe not more effective but far more important than in the base game.

Heard they're thinking of making a TV show of this.

Not confirmed but GRRM hinted at it on his not a blog, blog. There have been a few other rumors but that was probably the biggest hint. That said its hard to know with George as he's kinda full of shite.

A tv show would be fantastic tbh, there’s so much interesting lore going on. If they really want to capture the feeling accurately though we will have absolutely no idea what’s going on and have to spend all our time watching YouTube videos to work out wtf is going on.

I updated and then found out. I already beat the dlc twice with it though before that. Its still strong but not broken anymore.

It was amazing wasn't it :lol: copied it myself too. I'm now doing second PT of the DLC with a Starfist build, wonder how that goes against our consort friend.

It was amazing wasn't it :lol: copied it myself too. I'm now doing second PT of the DLC with a Starfist build, wonder how that goes against our consort friend.

It also the 1st time I won every pvp duel. L2 pointed about 1 meter in front of a player group. Click. Instakill on a all 3

It also the 1st time I won every pvp duel. L2 pointed about 1 meter in front of a player group. Click. Instakill on a all 3

You used that in PVP? Even the devil is afraid of you.

I've been messing around with the Starfist, those things are disgustingly good. I killed Mohg in 5 hits in NG+2 at lvl180.

I used the Cragblade AoW, Golden Vow+Howl of Shabriri as buffs. Axe Talisman, Rotten Winged Sword Insignia, Milicents Prosthesis (I'm sorry..) and you could go with the Ritual Sword Talisman for extra 10% damage at full health but I opted for Dragoncrest Greatshield Talisman for extra defense since you're all up in their faces. Spiked Cracked Tear and Stonebarb Cracked Tear for stance break + extra charged attack power. That R2 is insane. 2 hits can stance break a lot of bosses and it also has bleed... Make sure you got high enough poise to eat through some lighter attacks and you're an absolute bulldozer. It's hilarious how good this weapon is.

Edit: I also put almost everything into 99 STR. Might be overkill, you could also put some in arcane for better blood build-up but that's personal preference. I just love to see a 99 stat.

I've been messing around with the Starfist, those things are disgustingly good. I killed Mohg in 5 hits in NG+2 at lvl180.

I used the Cragblade AoW, Golden Vow+Howl of Shabriri as buffs. Axe Talisman, Rotten Winged Sword Insignia, Milicents Prosthesis (I'm sorry..) and you could go with the Ritual Sword Talisman for extra 10% damage at full health but I opted for Dragoncrest Greatshield Talisman for extra defense since you're all up in their faces. Spiked Cracked Tear and Stonebarb Cracked Tear for stance break + extra charged attack power. That R2 is insane. 2 hits can stance break a lot of bosses and it also has bleed... Make sure you got high enough poise to eat through some lighter attacks and you're an absolute bulldozer. It's hilarious how good this weapon is.

Edit: I also put almost everything into 99 STR. Might be overkill, you could also put some in arcane for better blood build-up but that's personal preference. I just love to see a 99 stat.

If you can deal with the lack of range and get the timings down on the charged R2s, they're a contender for best in the game. Personally I think dual Omenkiller Greataxes are better though.

FYI with your set up you might be better going with the Lord of Bloods Exultation & wear the White Mask, as that would increase your damage by 30% whenever you proc bleed for a short time.

Maybe I need a new weapon, not sure if it's that the Greatsword of Solitude is too similar to the Bloodhound Fang that I used for most of the base game but the combat feels a bit samey. Any recommendations for fun ones? Not a big fan of lump two handed weapons.

If you can deal with the lack of range and get the timings down on the charged R2s, they're a contender for best in the game. Personally I think dual Omenkiller Greataxes are better though.

FYI with your set up you might be better going with the Lord of Bloods Exultation & wear the White Mask, as that would increase your damage by 30% whenever you proc bleed for a short time.

I'll try it out if I'll end up struggling with it in the DLC. I do mainly use the R2 against bosses, the Insignia and Prosthesis aren't always worth it, but the R1 is too much fun not to use, it's so incredibly fast.

Been stuck on consort Radahn on ng+2 with my impenetrable thorns build. Its supposed to be a good build against him but he leaves so little room to get some attacke in his 2nd phase. And he does tons of holy damage which my talisman that reduces holy damage by 30% doesn't seem adquate for

Been stuck on consort Radahn on ng+2 with my impenetrable thorns build. Its supposed to be a good build against him but he leaves so little room to get some attacke in his 2nd phase. And he does tons of holy damage which my talisman that reduces holy damage by 30% doesn't seem adquate for

Are you using a spirit ash with that?

Is it me or does the lord of blood exultation talisman not trigger during boss fights? It seems to only trigger for me when you kill regular enemies with bleed.

Yes i know im a noob

I just beat him though about 30 mins ago. Using lords divine fortification helped some with the 2nd phase.

Hah, that's not what I was getting at. I was going to say that the Taylew Golem spirit ash is supposed to be the best tank in the game, so if you're looking for casting opportunities, maybe try him

After a week of trying i finally beat Messmer with no summons/mimic tear or whatever and with that i think i'm out. The pattern of just dodging for a minute before getting a pitiful attack in before resuming dodging once more is getting old and i've heard there are a couple of bosses that are far worse still to come.

Can't believe I died more times to Messmer than any boss in a Souls game :lol: . It's completely irrational but i just couldn't get the hand of dodging the snakes or he'd do that bs impale move and one shot me.

After a week of trying i finally beat Messmer with no summons/mimic tear or whatever and with that i think i'm out. The pattern of just dodging for a minute before getting a pitiful attack in before resuming dodging once more is getting old and i've heard there are a couple of bosses that are far worse still to come.

Can't believe I died more times to Messmer than any boss in a Souls game :lol: . It's completely irrational but i just couldn't get the hand of dodging the snakes or he'd do that bs impale move and one shot me.

Have you collected as many scadutree fragments as possible up this point?

Have you collected as many scadutree fragments as possible up this point?
Yeah, I've collected a lot at this point. Not actually sure where i'm supposed to go after Messmer but whether i can be bothered to pick the game up again i'm not sure. Am i near the end? Have beaten the Dancing lion, Rellana, and Messmer and a load of other minor bosses.

Yeah, I've collected a lot at this point. Not actually sure where i'm supposed to go after Messmer but whether i can be bothered to pick the game up again i'm not sure. Am i near the end? Have beaten the Dancing lion, Rellana, and Messmer and a load of other minor bosses.

Well you need to beat him to progress to the next bossfight and then the final boss.

But he's tough. If you don't cheesing respeccing to a impenetrable thorns build and using minic tear(or another reallly strong spirit ash) should do the trick.

You can also summon me if you want and we can give it some tries.

Last edited:
Well you need to beat him to progress to the next bossfight and then the final boss.

But he's tough. If you don't cheesing respeccing to a impenetrable thorns build and using minic tear(or another reallly strong spirit ash) should do the trick.

You can also summon me if you want and we can give it some tries.

So I've beaten Romina of the Bud or whatever her name was, and I have the option of using Messmer's flame to burn the shadow away (or whatever). I still have a couple areas to visit/clear in the south of the map and the Abyssal Woods as well. Should I do everything else before using Messmer's flame? Basically asking how much that action changes the map or available areas, and whether that action takes you into whatever the "endgame" is.

So I've beaten Romina of the Bud or whatever her name was, and I have the option of using Messmer's flame to burn the shadow away (or whatever). I still have a couple areas to visit/clear in the south of the map and the Abyssal Woods as well. Should I do everything else before using Messmer's flame? Basically asking how much that action changes the map or available areas, and whether that action takes you into whatever the "endgame" is.

No using messemers flame to burn away the shadow tree does not lock you out of any bosses. I believe it locks you out of a new npc quests though. Dryleaf Dane, Hornset etc. But no area or bosses im pretty sure. Ive beaten the dlc 3 times now and fought every boss.

Last edited:
So I've beaten Romina of the Bud or whatever her name was, and I have the option of using Messmer's flame to burn the shadow away (or whatever).
No using messemers flame to burn away the shadow tree does not lock you out of any bosses. I believe it locks you out of a new npc quests though. Dryleaf Dane, Hornset etc. But no area or bosses im pretty sure. Ice beaten the dlc 3 times now and fought every boss.
I'm at exactly the same place , i'm wondering how much longer do I have left of the DLC at this point? a few hours?

Still have one map in the south/centre that i've not got yet.

I'm at exactly the same place , i'm wondering how much longer do I have left of the DLC at this point? a few hours?

Still have one map in the south/centre that i've not got yet.

Not much of the non optional stuff left after Messmer and Romina. There is still a quite a lot of legendary(the ones who leave an remembrance) optional bosses in the game. And areas.

You can still continue after beating the final non optional dlc boss.

Not much of the non optional stuff left after Messmer and Romina. There is still a quite a lot of legendary(the ones who leave an remembrance) optional bosses in the game. And areas.
Thanks. I'm at level 13 of the scadutree which i'm hoping is enough to see me through.

As a general comment on the DLC, I think this is the best FromSoft level design since Bloodborne or maybe even DS1. It feels like Lordran with tunnels and connections to major areas going over and under everything else. Just fantastic, and much more enjoyable than most full size AAA games. I played Spiderman 2 just before this and the difference in quality when it comes to almost anything gameplay related is massive.

No using messemers flame to burn away the shadow tree does not lock you out of any bosses. I believe it locks you out of a new npc quests though. Dryleaf Dane, Hornset etc. But no area or bosses im pretty sure. Ice beaten the dlc 3 times now and fought every boss.

Damn, well done.

I unfortunately must have screwed Hornsent's quest up because he invaded me in the Rauth ruins. I try to play these games mostly blind on the first go and count it as a success to see even one questline through.

Finally at the last boss but my scadutree level seems too low for what is apparently an extremely hard boss (Level 14, I believe 20 is the max) , so i'm going to have to do some more exploring it seems.

Finally at the last boss but my scadutree level seems too low for what is apparently an extremely hard boss (Level 14, I believe 20 is the max) , so i'm going to have to do some more exploring it seems.

I could managed to get my scadutree lvl up to 18 before taking him on. I missed out on 3 fragments after using a guide but im happy i did use the guide because it led me so many areas i would have missed. I just deleted consort Radahn with broken perfume lightning build but that's nerfed now.