Gaming Elden Ring - Fromsoftware

Someone on Reddit pointed me towards the Deflecting Hardtear today - holy shit, that thing is fun. Basically its Sekiro's deflect mechanic in your wonderous physick. Press L1 just as a hit lands on you, you just deflect it and take 0 damage. I was trying it out against Commander Gaius' charge attack, works a treat. Wish I'd tried it on Messmer or Rellana.

Doing the ng+ dlc atm. Do you stick to a meta lvl or just keep levelling up? Im a bit torn because most summons are useless against bossses anyway and i can always use some more points to make my build more versatile. On the other hand the game feels lonely when coop more and more rare because most stick to a meta.

Doing the ng+ dlc atm. Do you stick to a meta lvl or just keep levelling up? Im a bit torn because most summons are useless against bossses anyway and i can always use some more points to make my build more versatile. On the other hand the game feels lonely when coop more and more rare because most stick to a meta.

On PC there's a very good co-op mod where you can play the whole game together and tailor the difficulty too. Not sure it's out for the DLC yet, but it's definitely being worked on for that too.

On PC there's a very good co-op mod where you can play the whole game together and tailor the difficulty too. Not sure it's out for the DLC yet, but it's definitely being worked on for that too.

Ive actually thought about buying it for pc despite owning the ps5 base+dlc. But just the standard pc edition is still full price and im unsure how well my pc can handle the game at 4k since i want to play with a controller in front of the telly rather than mouse and keyboard, but that mod sounds fun.

Btw: they will probably nerf the lightning bottle build soon but im destroying all dlc bosses with such ease. Just killed the final dlc boss in ng+ in a few seconds. Its just a cheat code.

The great sword of Solitude has basically become my Bloodhound Fang for the dlc. Super reliable with a great L2 attack. Hard to switch to something else. Must try Rennalas Twin Blades at some point.

Ive actually thought about buying it for pc despite owning the ps5 base+dlc. But just the standard pc edition is still full price and im unsure how well my pc can handle the game at 4k since i want to play with a controller in front of the telly rather than mouse and keyboard, but that mod sounds fun.

Btw: they will probably nerf the lightning bottle build soon but im destroying all dlc bosses with such ease. Just killed the final dlc boss in ng+ in a few seconds. Its just a cheat code.

You can use your PC on the tv with your PS5 controller, also the console versions don't render anywhere near 4k, so you won't lose out there either. It's not that difficult to turn your PC into a console complete with turning it on with the controller too.

In any case, that mod works really well if you did ever want to try it. You can both run around doing different things too, which makes the grindy bits even better.

At the moment I'm only running a mod that unlocks the FPS and sorts out the awful FOV, coupled with a DLSS injector (DLAA mode to boot). It's easily hitting 120fps+ on max @1440p, despite the engine being terrible.

Spent most of Saturday doing co-op on Messmer. What a great boss that is, one of my favourites now. I love watching all the different builds people are throwing against him and seeing what's working. I still haven't seen anything better than claymans harpoon + ice spear against him, other the perfume bottle trick, which will presumably get patched out shortly.

On Sunday I cleared out a few of the mid-bosses - Romina, Putrescent Knight, Commander Gaius and Scudatree Avatar. All great I thought. Gaius was particularly fun, like a cross between Draconic Tree Sentinel and Fallingstar Beast. Scudatree Avatar totally faked me out first time, I was busy trying to pop a golden fowl foot in inventory when it came back and killed me.

Must try Rennalas Twin Blades at some point.

I wouldn't bother, not worth it at the mo. I suspect it'll get buffed in a patch.

I downloaded a cracked version(includes dlc) to test out the performance, because im totally skint this month. Struggling a bit to get PS5 mapping for the UI since I cant do this through steam and I get a lot of stutter despite it being close to 60 FPS so far. 1440 p on high settings. It looks quite a lot worse than on my PS5 on the telly. Of course I´ll hook it to the telly and experiment.

I have a

Geforce 3600 Rtx
Amd Ryzen 5 5600 6 core 3.50 ghz
32 GB RAM
SSD harddisk

It should be able to look and run as well as the PS5 version right?

Last edited:
I'm so bad at this game. I've been trying to kill radahn for about 3 days. I can never play for longer that 2 hours or I'm sure I'll destroy something around me.

I'm so bad at this game. I've been trying to kill radahn for about 3 days. I can never play for longer that 2 hours or I'm sure I'll destroy something around me.

Now that ive killed him twice using the broken lightning build i have no desire to play him again or not to cheese him untill they nerf the build. Its just not worth it for me.

Now that ive killed him twice using the broken lightning build i have no desire to play him again or not to cheese him untill they nerf the build. Its just not worth it for me.
I mean the first radahn, not the dlc one.

Easiest way to kill him is to get the Rotten Breath incantation, summon loads of NPCs, then when he's busy fighting them, spray him with rotten breath til he starts to rot then run miles away and wait for him to die. I think you have to spray him once per phase.

Ive beaten this game umpteen times, including twice at level 1, and Radahn is the only boss I just cannot get my head around for some reason. He's not too high a level so you can outlevel him, and there's a few cheese tactics. But in terms of pure moveset, he's the hardest boss to learn for me.

It'll be a long while before I get to the dlc...

Use torrent to get behind the gravestones and summon all the npcs you can even when you've made your way up to him without being hit by too many ranged attack.. I guess you already do this., so maybe your build doesn't work on his weaknesses.

I truly despise Messmer. Don't think i've ever hated another ER boss nearly as much.

I truly despise Messmer. Don't think i've ever hated another ER boss nearly as much.

I get eaten alive by that huge snake of his every time.

Once i learned to own his huge snake, i learned to own him.

Last edited:
I get eaten alive by that huge snake of his every time.

Once i learned to own his huge snake, i learned to own him.
It's that damn grab and impale move that's irritating me. I can dodge it sometimes but often it just one shots me if i don't have full health.

It's that damn grab and impale move that's irritating me. I can dodge it sometimes but often it just one shots me if i don't have full health.

The thrust of his huge snake is so fast it faceshots every me every time

I've been meaning to try this game but considering how frustrating it sounds and not having all the time in the world to learn games through and through anymore I guess I'll continue waiting for it to hit the bargain bin.

I've been meaning to try this game but considering how frustrating it sounds and not having all the time in the world to learn games through and through anymore I guess I'll continue waiting for it to hit the bargain bin.

Its over 2 years old. You should be able to get ar half price. Its the dlc that has mental bosses. There is late game difficultly spike with 3 bosses but the of rest the standard game is very much learning the ropes.

Its over 2 years old. You should be able to get ar half price. Its the dlc that has mental bosses. There is late game difficultly spike with 3 bosses but the of rest the standard game is very much learning the ropes.
Is there a way to make the fights a lot easier thru difficulty settings or is it still challenging even with that?

It's really not that bad, the base game anyway. Sekiro and Bloodborne are much harder. It has some tough bosses but nothing that can't be overcome in a few attempts, bar one or two, and it's easy to become overpowered through rune farming or a particular build and smash through a lot of the game.

Is there a way to make the fights a lot easier thru difficulty settings or is it still challenging even with that?

On pc you can use mods to change difficulty. On consoles you cant, but you can summon random other players to help you get through an area or a boss you are stuck on.

Also there are guides and cheesss for each boss.

I downloaded a cracked version(includes dlc) to test out the performance, because im totally skint this month. Struggling a bit to get PS5 mapping for the UI since I cant do this through steam and I get a lot of stutter despite it being close to 60 FPS so far. 1440 p on high settings. It looks quite a lot worse than on my PS5 on the telly. Of course I´ll hook it to the telly and experiment.

I have a

Geforce 3600 Rtx
Amd Ryzen 5 5600 6 core 3.50 ghz
32 GB RAM
SSD harddisk

It should be able to look and run as well as the PS5 version right?

Sorry mate, missed this.

That's easily good enough. One thing to bear in mind, is that the engine is pretty shite, so some settings shouldn't be on max. Also it looks absolutely terrible with sharpening, so your monitor settings are important too. You should look at the framerate unlocker, and DLSS injector (both on Nexus) and it'll run far smoother than the PS5 and look a lot better once you have it set up.

Sorry mate, missed this.

That's easily good enough. One thing to bear in mind, is that the engine is pretty shite, so some settings shouldn't be on max. Also it looks absolutely terrible with sharpening, so your monitor settings are important too. You should look at the framerate unlocker, and DLSS injector (both on Nexus) and it'll run far smoother than the PS5 and look a lot better once you have it set up.
Doesn't the framerate unlocker break their anti-cheat and disable online?

On pc you can use mods to change difficulty. On consoles you cant, but you can summon random other players to help you get through an area or a boss you are stuck on.

Also there are guides and cheesss for each boss.
Ah good to know. I'd be playing it on PC so that works out. Cheers!

Sorry mate, missed this.

Have you gotten ps5 ui controller mod to work on pc if you are playing with with a dualsense controller? With one mod it just stops the game fron launching and with the other i can't copy/paste for some reason. Thought about getting a xbox controller since its officially supported by the game, but ive just spent 50 quid today for pc version and dlc despite owning them on ps5 and thinking getting a xbox controller 35 quid adds bit much just to try out the pc experience(mods)

Have you gotten ps5 ui controller mod to work on pc if you are playing with with a dualsense controller? With one mod it just stops the game fron launching and with the other i can't copy/paste for some reason. Thought about getting a xbox controller since its officially supported by the game, but ive just spent 50 quid today for pc version and dlc despite owning them on ps5 and thinking getting a xbox controller 35 quid adds bit much just to try out the pc experience(mods)

I haven't tried it, when I use the DS5 I plug it in and it works fine.

Have you tried DS4windows? That was always a good program to use with the DS controllers wirelessly, might be what you are looking for.

So, I made great progress today. Killed a few Dragons (igor is the man). Did Ymir’s quest, killed the boss on the boar at Hinterlands. Burned the briar and made it up to the Consort. Entered the arena and got one shotted. Restart, go through the mist, roll about and got one shotted again.

It seems like a crazy jump in difficulty to every other boss I beat today. Every previous boss was difficult but you still had a chance to at least get a feel for their first phase and what kind of attacks they were doing if you didn’t go gung-ho. Get a feel for which weapons, armour and talismans work best and it made it worthwhile getting my ass handed to me. Had vitality at 70 and Scadutree blessings to 15 too. So room to improve but being one shotted on entering seems like I’ll have to respec and cheese it

Just having beaten Messmers second phase and feeling good, got to Rahdans second phase and...erm...oh well.

The game has you collecting the ability to summon various NPCs to join you in boss fights which makes things much easier. One NPC in particular, the "Mimic Tear" (it's actually a clone copy of your character) makes every fight in the game very manageable for anyone.

I know this has probably been said a million times and there will be people that say 'get good' but i can't shake the feeling there is an input delay in this game. I can clearly press square for a heal and the character does nothing and then gets destroyed by a boss move. Same with a roll dodge :mad: It doesn't happen often but it is noticeable.

I know this has probably been said a million times and there will be people that say 'get good' but i can't shake the feeling there is an input delay in this game. I can clearly press square for a heal and the character does nothing and then gets destroyed by a boss move. Same with a roll dodge :mad: It doesn't happen often but it is noticeable.

There 100% is.

It's often more prevalent in the boss fights, even the best streamers have mentioned it.

There 100% is.

It's often more prevalent in the boss fights, even the best streamers have mentioned it.
I don't recall that being a thing in DS 1, 2 or 3 or Bloodborne so I wonder why that is?

I don't recall that being a thing in DS 1, 2 or 3 or Bloodborne so I wonder why that is?

The engine is clearly struggling these days, so it's likely linked to that and the awful way the fps is tied to everything.

The souls/Bourne games had ropey fps, but not the stuttering ER is plagued with. Even on PC, offline with the framerate unlocked it somehow just skips input sometimes.

Ok, nearly done now. Did Radahn yesterday, parry strat, level 183 and 17 blessing. Second phase is a hot mess. The moves are not as insurmountable as they first seem, but the visual noise on screen makes it really hard to see what’s going on. Parrying him is actually pretty easy, but just trying to see his tells through the flashing on screen is the real challenge.

Overall the DLC was ok. Bosses were mostly great. However Jospeh Anderson’s criticism of the base game still stands, they need something other than just rolling as a primary counter to enemy moves, as the fights are increasingly just rolling for 20 seconds before getting in one hit and then rolling for another 20 seconds. They jumped the shark with Radahn, that fight is shit and feels like they’re out of ideas.

The mini dungeons were fun but still a bit shallow. The new legacy dungeons weren’t that impressive apart from Shadow Keep, which was awesome.

Exploration I found kind of tedious, with lots of dead ends and large areas with nothing going on in them. Compared to the base game where you constantly found stuff in every corner, it made exploring unrewarding.

The new weapons rocked. The fact that none of them are available for an NG run in the base game is a real shame.

7/10. Time to try the RL1 run and maybe do a casual faith run with all the cool looking faith weapons I couldn’t use.