Gaming Elden Ring - Fromsoftware

I feel like a kid on christmas morning booting up the DLC.

Also, I haven't gone anywhere near the northern part of the map.
Because you can see a ginormous fire giant creature wondering around up there.

Just started, got into a fight with some mostly naked dude :lol:

Shades of DS3.

BTW did you have to beat Mohg again? Mine had respawned. Luckily it was only about a six weeks ago I last played and I've been playing DS1 in between, so I just about remembered enough to scrape through it.
No but it took awhile to load up the DLC area which had me worried at first.

the naked guys are annoying but most of the guys in the first area seem pretty mild apart from one or two very big exceptions. They wanted to ease the player in and then hit them with a boss or two I think.

Im getting absolutely no summons. I think im on the 1st ng+ with this character there should be more to help out with Mogh.

Jesus, this game. Took an inordinate amount of time trying to beat a black knight marching up and down a hill. Assumed he might drop something decent. He did not.

Is there a reliable way too see which ng+ your character is on? My main weapon is only +8 despite being lvl 121 and one of my talismans is +2 which means i at least mudt be on ng+2.

Is there a reliable way too see which ng+ your character is on? My main weapon is only +8 despite being lvl 121 and one of my talismans is +2 which means i at least mudt be on ng+2.

Not really. Either check your inventory for how many items of the same type you have, or figure it out based off how many runes you get when you kill the rune bird.

Edit: By the way, you can get +2 talismans in the base game. I don't think ER has any extra talismans in NG+

From Software are fantastic aren't they. No microtransactions, no day one season passes, no mass layoffs. Just casually release a 30 hour DLC with more content than your average cash-grab sequel.

feck sake, my only save game is a NG+ that I did some of but not enough to start the DLC :lol:

Yeah ive just played for 6 hours to get to.the dlc. I don't know if im on ng+. Through yuris quest i got another reduvian dagger which probably means im on ng+ but my build is shite, i just didn't want to start from sratch.

I'm still at the start of the DLC, had work come up :(

There's two miss-able enemies at the start (including the naked man) that are tough, but it then lulls you with basic enemies. Until you stumble on to @Irwin99 's blacknight friend or think you can damage the giant wickerman thing. My character is not levelled for strength or poise, so it feels like there's something else I need to beat these big mid-boss guys.

Bit of a slow start

The Belurat settlement was kind of boring and the first boss I found was an ulcerated tree spirit (yay). Then the main boss the Dancing Lion fight at the end was a mess. His moveset isnt unfair and there'a nice rhythm to some of the dodges, especially his first phase special combo. But the camera is just bad and the framerate drops constantly (on PS5) in the middle of his attacks. Combined with the sort of shaggy design of the boss, most deaths happened because I just couldnt see what was happening on screen.

Still, you get a cool item for beating him

feck sake, my only save game is a NG+ that I did some of but not enough to start the DLC :lol:

:lol:

I happened to stop right before the last boss, though I think it's done weird things to my save as half the game is reset lore-wise.

Yeah ive just played for 6 hours to get to.the dlc. I don't know if im on ng+. Through yuris quest i got another reduvian dagger which probably means im on ng+ but my build is shite, i just didn't want to start from sratch.

My whole build is completely ineffectual for the starting tough enemies in the DLC. Luckily I have my dual bondage whips and horfrost stomp which is a get out of jail card against these feckers :lol:

On another note, it is running smoother and the newer (and I use that term very loosely considering the shite engine) lighting is nice. I'm please with that, was expected the worst FPS wise.

I happened to stop right before the last boss, though I think it's done weird things to my save as half the game is reset lore-wise.

My whole build is completely ineffectual for the starting tough enemies in the DLC. Luckily I have my dual bondage whips and horfrost stomp which is a get out of jail card against these feckers :lol:

On another note, it is running smoother and the newer (and I use that term very loosely considering the shite engine) lighting is nice. I'm please with that, was expected the worst FPS wise.

Ive gotten properly completely stomped by the 1st dlc boss. As expected its left me a bit demotivated. Once i get back to another session im going to grind ghost cloveworts to lvl up my mimic tear since i apparently didnt use that at all on this playthrough. Its proper grind since i though don't have a cheese yet.

Ive gotten properly completely stomped by the 1st dlc boss. As expected its left me a bit demotivated. Once i get back to another session im going to grind ghost cloveworts to lvl up my mimic tear since i apparently didnt use that at all on this playthrough. Its proper grind since i though don't have a cheese yet.

You'll get it, this stuff is always overwhelming early on.

You think you have problems, seems my game has screwed up royally. Somehow my character is at the same point I left it, but I've lost all progress past the mountain of the giants :lol:

No big deal really, but it's a fecker for getting the +7 and up stones now :(

So ridiculous on a modern game that it keeps a single save file. In saying that, at least I’m figuring out what the hell to do again as I plow through some of the main story bosses. But feck sake it took me ages to figure out how to get those medallions and all to get back to Mohgs palace.
Very annoying not being able to jump right in despite having beaten the bloody game.

So ridiculous on a modern game that it keeps a single save file. In saying that, at least I’m figuring out what the hell to do again as I plow through some of the main story bosses. But feck sake it took me ages to figure out how to get those medallions and all to get back to Mohgs palace.
Very annoying not being able to jump right in despite having beaten the bloody game.

Yeah, you'd think new game you could just go there.

I think it's the shite steam cloud that has fecked me over, but my character is the same so it's not real big deal, just a pain I have to go all the way to the godskin duo if I want to level the new weapons up. I didn't find any of the later bosses that tough anyway, which of course now means I'll be dying 100's of times in the time honoured souls tradition! :lol:

On another note, I've found a couple of the new weapon "types". Nothing actually new really, but some interesting move sets to play with.

Yeah, you'd think new game you could just go there.

I think it's the shite steam cloud that has fecked me over, but my character is the same so it's not real big deal, just a pain I have to go all the way to the godskin duo if I want to level the new weapons up. I didn't find any of the later bosses that tough anyway, which of course now means I'll be dying 100's of times in the time honoured souls tradition! :lol:

On another note, I've found a couple of the new weapon "types". Nothing actually new really, but some interesting move sets to play with.
Luckily the bosses are piss easy on new game, even with me not playing the game for over two years I swept Commander Niall aside with my mimic and a build I’d barely ever used!

in typical Elden ring tradition it’s the normal enemies I think I can just run past that have killed me usually :lol:

Luckily the bosses are piss easy on new game, even with me not playing the game for over two years I swept Commander Niall aside with my mimic and a build I’d barely ever used!

in typical Elden ring tradition it’s the normal enemies I think I can just run past that have killed me usually :lol:

Yeah I don't really use the summons, especially the Tear, but I think I will when I want to get through some of those bosses just for time. Not a big deal though, I'm managing the DLC so far ok, so I think I'm at a decent level for my own fun.

It's decent enough so far, runs a bit better (though I think it's down to them reigning back the LOD/Draw distance which is a crime on PC) and the couple of new weapons I've found have some interesting new ashes. New enemies so far are pretty creative too.

But I bet the glowing reviews fail to mention the mediocre level design of the first dungeon and the incredibly awful "traps" that DS2 was slagged off for. Every fecking corner, it's boring! Also, once again, the animation transitions on the enemies that are supposed to be the gotcha moments are absolutely cheap. I have enjoyed a couple of fights so far though (including the first invasion), so that's good.

The "new levelling" system is easily the most trash thing about it though. I was hoping for some kind of clever new method, but nope, it's basically tacking on stats to even everyone out. Crap.

Bit of a slow start

The Belurat settlement was kind of boring and the first boss I found was an ulcerated tree spirit (yay). Then the main boss the Dancing Lion fight at the end was a mess. His moveset isnt unfair and there'a nice rhythm to some of the dodges, especially his first phase special combo. But the camera is just bad and the framerate drops constantly (on PS5) in the middle of his attacks. Combined with the sort of shaggy design of the boss, most deaths happened because I just couldnt see what was happening on screen.

Still, you get a cool item for beating him

Yeah the level, as I said above, is pretty crap. It's worse than almost anything in DS2, it's a basic rehash of the capital city in the base game but far less interesting. The boss isn't as annoying as the dude before him though, limitless stamina + almost unlimitless poise + 8 hit combo...also, as is tradition, the enemies and new weapons have wonky hit boxes (and I think their changes to the poise in the patch before has once again borked the calculations).

Honestly I've said before and I'll say again, I think From have lost their way when it comes to how to take these games forward. And for the love of everything that is holy USE A NEW ENGINE FFS!

But, I am liking the overall design of the new enemies and that boss. Art wise, it's a level up from the base game. And I really am enjoying the backhand swords, it's now in rotation with my dual whips and spiked fists.

Right back in it again! Such an insane amount of content for 40 euro.

As I adjust to figuring out the game again I've reverted to my Bloodhound Fang build that served me so well for around 80% of my original playthrough, will see what the story is with the new weapons after a while.

Right back in it again! Such an insane amount of content for 40 euro.

As I adjust to figuring out the game again I've reverted to my Bloodhound Fang build that served me so well for around 80% of my original playthrough, will see what the story is with the new weapons after a while.
I upgraded a new weapon i got but have consistently reverted back to the trusty old favourites - blasphemy blade (which just helped me beat the second proper boss) and the winged scythe. I'm just too comfortable with these old favorites

It always amazes what lack of preparation for boss battles does to me and then when i finally think about things a bit more i get results. Why don't i do this sooner? :lol: It took about thirty deaths to one boss for me to realise that using a shield was pointless against a boss that could break through anything so might as well go two handed weapon.

dancing lion guy was a real pain but switching to blasphemous blade two handed upped my game and spamming Taker's Flames did the trick. The real enemy was the camera at times

Well ive beaten 3 dlc bosses so far. In 1 of them a summon carried me. I like it but i feel the lvl design is a bit wank.

So I booted this up yesterday and my game is NG+++ from where I left it and have beaten three DLC bosses but unsure if all the enemies are NG+++ as it seems much harder than it should be :wenger:

I upgraded a new weapon i got but have consistently reverted back to the trusty old favourites - blasphemy blade (which just helped me beat the second proper boss) and the winged scythe. I'm just too comfortable with these old favorites

I'm forcing myself to use the new weapons, like the backhand blade (which is really fun) and ridiculously just upgraded the poison fist even though we all know it's absolutely useless because...well...FROM...

Quite like the feel of the heavy Katana, but I'm always much more inclined to go fast rather than heavy. Not found anything too taxing, the main enemy has been the shite poise system seeming a bit broken once again and as we all know, the camera. Even with a fov mod it's shockingly archaic.

Not really feeling the world/dungeons layout though, it's all much of a rehash rather than anything creative so far. In fact, I would say that exploration is even more pointless than the base game it seems. Although I am still in the first area, because I do have to go everywhere like a fool :lol:

Just FYI, Takers Flame got nerfed in the last patch. It’s still good, but no better than quite a few other moves now.

Just FYI, Takers Flame got nerfed in the last patch. It’s still good, but no better than quite a few other moves now.
really? it still seems very powerful. I really should look at some of the new weapons in the game.

Not really feeling the world/dungeons layout though, it's all much of a rehash rather than anything creative so far. In fact, I would say that exploration is even more pointless than the base game it seems. Although I am still in the first area, because I do have to go everywhere like a fool :lol:
I'm finding my way is blocked off a few times and i ended up getting frustrated and going to an entirely different part of the map.

I have found they are really reusing one boss battle a lot. There was a nice gimmick to one of them where the player can actually watch for a bit and see what unfolds before moving in but yeah, they are retreading over old ground somewhat. I'm still having a lot of fun but it's not the absolute best expansion pack i've ever played (so far)

really? it still seems very powerful. I really should look at some of the new weapons in the game.

I'm finding my way is blocked off a few times and i ended up getting frustrated and going to an entirely different part of the map.

I have found they are really reusing one boss battle a lot. There was a nice gimmick to one of them where the player can actually watch for a bit and see what unfolds before moving in but yeah, they are retreading over old ground somewhat. I'm still having a lot of fun but it's not the absolute best expansion pack i've ever played (so far)

I'm just already so bored of every corner or hole in the floor being a trap. Also the enemy placements seem much more random than usual, there just seems to be more the mantra of "oh look how hard it is!" than the old FROM days of treating encounters more like puzzles.

The new weapons have some decent movesets, but predictably lack much punch. I'm using my dual whips as back ups, mostly for the cheat stamina/poise enemies (of which there are a lot, no that's not difficulty FROM, that's tedium!), but I'm persevering with Milady at least, because I love the name :lol:

Just beat whatshername in the castle, good fight if a cheat up with the one shots as per :lol:

Definitely just a weak rip off of The Dancer though, nowhere near as fun. That's the problem with the combat side of ER, it's too fast and button mashy, there's not enough thought out duals. Hoping the DLC opens up now and gets better.

Loving the backblades and Milady with the ash of war you find in there is a very fun weapon to use too.

Just beat whatshername in the castle, good fight if a cheat up with the one shots as per :lol:

Definitely just a weak rip off of The Dancer though, nowhere near as fun. That's the problem with the combat side of ER, it's too fast and button mashy, there's not enough thought out duals. Hoping the DLC opens up now and gets better.

Loving the backblades and Milady with the ash of war you find in there is a very fun weapon to use too.

Messemer? I tried him once and know i have no chance yet